Electric drive: Latest news and analysis articles
The site for Tesla's big battery factory has been announced....
Will the new plug-in Golf fry the Focus Electric and mulch the Leaf? It’s certainly good enough to become the sales leader in its class....
July has been a busy month for news updates on many future EV, hybrid, PHEV and fuel cell vehicle programmes, with some especially interesti...
Been lying awake at night wondering how plug-in cars are doing in Europe? Me, neither, but, having now evaluated a few - Vauxhall Ampera [ak...
With a background in IT and start-ups, Georg Ell isn't your typical car company boss. But he seems a perfect fit in his role as UK and Ireland country manager for Tesla Motors.
Qualcomm is a specialist in 3G, 4G and next generation wireless technologies. The company has developed a pair of wireless charging solutions - one for portable electronics and another for electric vehicles. Ian Adcock heard more from Qualcomm's VP Business Development & Marketing, Dr Anthony Thomson.
Geely, Dongfeng Citroën, Volvo and Wuling are the first OEMs to announce vehicle world premieres for November's Guangzhou motor show. This list will be added to as other debuts are announced.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance reportedly is planning to retrench on electric vehicle battery making, consolidating next generation output, currently in the US and UK, in Japan and outsourcing production to LG Chem which could even take over one or both of the plants outside Japan.
Toyota has apparently distanced itself from comments made earlier by Tesla Motors founder Elon Musk that future collaboration between the two automakers cannot be ruled out.
Japanese steel giant Kobe Steel is reportedly working on a new generation of lightweight composite materials designed for fuel cell vehicles with a view to saving weight and improving the safety of hydrogen tanks in collisions.
Denza, Daimler's 'made in China, for China' electric vehicle, is now production line at Shenzhen BYD Daimler New Technology (BDNT).
Following the letter of intent signed in September 2013, French groups Renault and Bolloré are making plans to collaborate as part of a joint strategy to promote electric vehicles.
With RHD Tesla cars only going on sale in the UK in recent weeks, it's way too early to be talking about the ownership experience. But in the US, it's a different story.
TMC continues to promote Japan's Ha-Mo car sharing scheme via its own i-Road commuter model. The latest promotional video is worth a look.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Panamera 4S
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Global Automotive Suspension Systems Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)