Electric drive: Latest news and analysis articles
Been lying awake at night wondering how plug-in cars are doing in Europe? Me, neither, but, having now evaluated a few - Vauxhall Ampera [ak...
Michelin's quite fond of using the phrase "track to street" - it's a nifty way to neatly encapsulate what the tyre manufacturer is trying to...
I have been indulging my fetish for electrified vehicles this week, heading for sunny Barcelona to see what happens when the powertrain and...
Commercial vehicle operators approach the appraisal of a new vehicle with a completely different approach to a private car buyer or company...
Qualcomm is a specialist in 3G, 4G and next generation wireless technologies. The company has developed a pair of wireless charging solutions - one for portable electronics and another for electric vehicles. Ian Adcock heard more from Qualcomm's VP Business Development & Marketing, Dr Anthony Thomson.
Mats Fägerhag, the former head of R&D for Saab, is now the CEO of China Euro Vehicle Technology AB (CEVT). This small firm's engineers are quietly creating the new CMA scalable architecture for C and B segment Geely and Volvo models.
Electric vehicle marketers are facing a new challenge now that the UK government's Office of Low Emission Vehicles is reducing - from 1 September - home recharge point subsidies of 75% of the cost to a maximum of GBP900 from GBP1,000.
Subaru plans to expand its hybrid vehicle range and develop an electric car.
BMW and Daimler have entered into an agreement to develop wireless charging systems for their electric cars.
BMW Group and Samsung SDI plan to expand their supply relationship for battery cells for electro-mobility. The two companies have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that will see supply volumes of battery cells from Samsung SDI to BMW rise.
China's State Council executive meeting has decided that three types of 'new energy vehicles' (NEVs) - electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids and fuel-cell powered cars - will be exempt from vehicle purchase tax from 1 September 2014 to the end of 2017.
Volkswagen of America has announced providers of charging services for e-Golf models, the first zero-tailpipe emissions electric vehicle to be sold by Volkswagen in the US market.
TMC continues to promote Japan's Ha-Mo car sharing scheme via its own i-Road commuter model. The latest promotional video is worth a look.
I was at the SMMT headquarters in London yesterday for a small media round table with outgoing Ford CEO Alan Mulally.
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- ZF lenders OK higher TRW bid
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- More GM switch part number trouble
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018