Electric drive: Latest news and analysis articles
Electric powertrain technology comes with a number of drawbacks - mainly surrounding battery performance issues - but it is interesting to s...
The big news this week was that Jaguar Land Rover announced a plan to build a 300,000-unit capacity plant in Slovakia. We knew that a plant...
A plug-in hybrid e-tron is coming in 2016 but Audi UK is about to launch the new Q7 with just one engine: a 272PS 3.0-litre TDI. Will that b...
It will soon be 60 years since the Citroën DS was revealed to dropped jaws at the 1955 Paris motor show. Now, PSA has a more subtle desire t...
At the opening of Ricardo's new Vehicle Emissions Research Centre (VERC), Calum MacRae sat down to discuss future powertrain developments with Ricardo's Professor Neville S. Jackson who serves as the engineering consultancy's Chief Technology and Innovation Officer.
There years ago this month Paul Philpott became the managing director of Kia Motors for the UK and Ireland. This followed a stint at Kia Motors Europe (KME) in Frankfurt and prior to that, senior roles at Ford of Britain and Toyota GB.
Daimler and Volkswagen have announced further motor show world premieres for the 2015 Frankfurt IAA.
Canada's powerful automotive supplier body, APMA, is urging its government stand firm in the face of intense pressure to ink the current Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal, as criticism grows it forms part of President Barack Obama's wishlist of 'legacy' deals before he vacates office.
Toyota Motor said it would suspend Prius production at its Chachoengsao plant in Thailand until a legal dispute with the country’s Ministry of Finance over the vehicle’s import status is resolved.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) has welcomed Wednesday's (26 August) government announcement of an extension to the taxpayer funded Plug-in Car Grant.
Martin Leach, a consultant who once led Ford's European operations, is reportedly recruiting staff for a new electric car manufacturer that will be based in California and the US.
Audi will show its first purely electric Audi SUV, the e-tron quattro concept, at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show. The new SUV will be followed by a production ready vehicle scheduled for 2018 ('Q6').
If these images turn out to be the real deal, then Toyota's design department is getting even braver than usual. Taiwan-based Autonet has just published what appear to be shots of the next Prius and Prius PHEV.
Given the attention Tesla EVs attract, it's easy to forget entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk has fingers in other pies - notably operating space ships. Which can be a bit risky.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030