Electric drive: Latest news and analysis articles
Apple is a very, very powerful brand. It is also a very, very big company with a market capitalisation of over $700bn ($740bn when I just ch...
Moving to a 48V architecture in hybrid and electric vehicles offers plenty of promise. It provides about four times the energy recuperation...
Toyota recently announced that it will freely share - 'open source' - almost 6,000 patents it owns covering hydrogen fuel-cell technology. D...
At 2,350kg, it's easily the weightiest variant of the newly facelifted range. Somehow, though, the PHEV Cayenne is Porsche's most officially...
Carl Bayliss recently returned to his homeland after a decade in Hong Kong. He is the new country manager for Infiniti UK, responsible for all business activities including Sales, Marketing and Network Development.
Russia, Lexus' number one market in its European region, might be down, but UK sales are up strongly. On balance then, 2014 has been a good year, according to the brand's Head of Europe. Next, he promises more hybrids but no diesels. Why?
The media preview days of the 2015 Geneva motor show are Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 March. Here follows the latest list of vehicle and concept world premieres.
Audi says its R8 e-tron 2.0, a pure electric supercar, will have a range of up to 450km (280 miles). The car is making its world premiere at the Geneva motor show as a prototype, alongside the second generation R8 V10.
Audi has revealed the first details of the diesel-electric plug-in powertrain that will be used in the Q7 e-tron.
The Toyota i-Road micro-mobility vehicle is to enter a new car-sharing programme in central Tokyo in April. The electric three-wheeled vehicle is already being trialled as part of a co-ordinated public transport scheme (the i-Road providing 'last mile mobility') in Grenoble, France and has also been trialled in Toyota City.
BASF and Toda Kogyo formally established 'BASF Toda Battery Materials' with the closing of their joint venture agreement announced in October 2014. The new company will provide cathode active materials (CAM) for lithium-ion batteries in Japan.
Ricardo has unveiled its new electric vehicle motor in prototype form as part of a collaborative research and development project RapidSR - Rapid Design and Development of a Switched Reluctance Traction Motor.
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan.
There's a useful reminder in a recent study of the two sides of the coin that come with 'zero-emission vehicles'.
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's fragile recovery continues
- Honda chief quits
- Geneva show list updated
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)