Electric drive: Latest news and analysis articles
This presentation by Elon Musk is half an hour long but well worth watching. It demonstrates yet again that Tesla Motors doesn't do many thi...
In the second and final part of this month's management briefing, we take a look at the stand out concepts, production cars and trends seen...
The biennial Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) is upon us, with the media preview days taking place on 15 and 16 Septembe...
Electric powertrain technology comes with a number of drawbacks - mainly surrounding battery performance issues - but it is interesting to s...
At the opening of Ricardo's new Vehicle Emissions Research Centre (VERC), Calum MacRae sat down to discuss future powertrain developments with Ricardo's Professor Neville S. Jackson who serves as the engineering consultancy's Chief Technology and Innovation Officer.
There years ago this month Paul Philpott became the managing director of Kia Motors for the UK and Ireland. This followed a stint at Kia Motors Europe (KME) in Frankfurt and prior to that, senior roles at Ford of Britain and Toyota GB.
TMC has announced the world premiere of a Lexus concept ahead of this month's Tokyo motor show.
Following the successful launch of the Soul EV late in 2014 in California, along with sales beginning in Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii earlier in 2015, Kia Motors America (KMA) has announced that it is expanding availability of its fully charged urban runabout into four new states: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Maryland, bringing the total number of states selling the Soul EV to 10.
Fisker Automotive and Technology Group is now Karma Automotive.
Tesla has started deliveries of its delayed Model X crossover in the US. The new model, which comes with striking 'falcon wing' lifting rear doors, was launched to a handful of customers at a ceremony at Tesla's Freemont, California, facility.
Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group (JAC) and Ricardo are collaborating on a project to develop the Ricardo HyBoost concept - a combination of low cost technologies to deliver improved performance and fuel economy which featured recently in the Ricardo Centenary celebrations - into volume production on a JAC vehicle.
The Dongfeng Renault Automotive Company (DRAC) joint venture in China has announced plans to build its first electric vehicle in China based on Renault's Fluence ZE. The EV will be produced in Wuhan from 2017 and will be sold as a Dongfeng only in China.
If these images turn out to be the real deal, then Toyota's design department is getting even braver than usual. Taiwan-based Autonet has just published what appear to be shots of the next Prius and Prius PHEV.
Given the attention Tesla EVs attract, it's easy to forget entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk has fingers in other pies - notably operating space ships. Which can be a bit risky.
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- VW withdraws most 2016 US diesels
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030