Electric drive: Latest news and analysis articles
It takes a fair bit to impress engineers from a major OEM but the boffins from a major Canadian university reckon they achieved that recentl...
The plug-in hybrid version of the Outlander has been a strong seller for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK and many other European markets. Now co...
Volkswagen Group stayed very much in the news this week. The company posted a set of results that were dragged down by provision made for co...
A list of world premieres at the 2015 Tokyo motor show appears below....
At the opening of Ricardo's new Vehicle Emissions Research Centre (VERC), Calum MacRae sat down to discuss future powertrain developments with Ricardo's Professor Neville S. Jackson who serves as the engineering consultancy's Chief Technology and Innovation Officer.
There years ago this month Paul Philpott became the managing director of Kia Motors for the UK and Ireland. This followed a stint at Kia Motors Europe (KME) in Frankfurt and prior to that, senior roles at Ford of Britain and Toyota GB.
Shell Lubricants says its T25S concept car Project M collaboration with Geo Technologies and Gordon Murray Design, should be considered as a “thought leadership” innovation targeted at addressing rapid global population growth.
Toyota says its Mirai hydrogen fuel cell saloon will be eligible for UK government grant support of GBP5,000 (US$7,600) reducing the purchase price to GBP61,000.
Renault-Nissan Alliance is installing 90 new charge spots for electric vehicles in and around Paris for the COP21 global summit on climate change in Paris.
Renesas Electronics and National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) have inked an agreement using the Swedish automaker's Phoenix architecture for electric vehicles and the former's technologies for new energy models.
Plug Power and 3M have unveiled a supply agreement for membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) to be used in the former's proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks.
Cumulative sales of Toyota and Lexus hybrids in the UK have reached 200,000 units 15 years after the introduction of the original Prius.
If these images turn out to be the real deal, then Toyota's design department is getting even braver than usual. Taiwan-based Autonet has just published what appear to be shots of the next Prius and Prius PHEV.
Given the attention Tesla EVs attract, it's easy to forget entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk has fingers in other pies - notably operating space ships. Which can be a bit risky.
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Integrated Canadian test cells impress OEMs
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Canada "needs to turn automakers back" from Mexico
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030