Volkswagen Group presented the "Volkswagen Group Award 2017" to its best suppliers this week at Motorwerk Berlin.
An audience of 270 guests from 25 countries saw VW AG CEO Matthias Müller and procurement chief Francisco Javier Garcia Sanz hand over 19 awards to last year's top suppliers.
Müller said: "We must make further progress together and become better and better. Never before have not only the pressure, but also the opportunities been as great as they are today. If we are willing to change, we can successfully master the transformation in our industry."
He underlined that e-mobility and battery technology, autonomous driving, digitalisation throughout the value chain, and new mobility services are not passing trends: "That is the future of our industry – our common future. Thank you for your willingness to explore new pathways with us."
Sanz said: "A strong and uncomplicated partnership network based on a level playing field where information is exchanged almost in real time is essential to our success. And this must above all be a network that stands for transparency, openness and courage."
This is the 15th time the group has honored its best suppliers of the previous year. This year, the group also recognised achievements in the new mobility solutions category for the first time.
The 19 winners are (award winner; country; Category):
• AISIN AW CO., Ltd.; Japan; Innovation & Technology
• Aleris Switzerland GmbH; Switzerland; Sustainability
• ALLGAIER Automotive GmbH; Germany; Capacity
• Behr-Hella Thermocontrol GmbH; Germany; Innovation & Technology
• Bridgestone Corporation; Japan; Innovation & Technology
• Bürener Maschinenfabrik GmbH; Germany; Capacity
• Dr. Schneider Holding GmbH; Germany; Innovation & Technology
• Dürr Aktiengesellschaft; Germany; Global Champion
• Fritz Dräxlmaier GmbH & Co.; Germany; New Mobility Solutions
• Hamburg Südamerikanische Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschaft KG; Germany; Global Champion
• LG Electronics Inc.; South Korea; Innovation & Technology
• Leopold Kostal GmbH & Co. KG; Germany; New Mobility Solutions
• Muelles y Ballestas Hispano-Alemanas S.A.; Spain; Local Champion
• Nucor Corporation; USA; Local Champion
• Pino Components SL; Spain; Global Champion
• Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd.; India; Innovation & Technology
• ThyssenKrupp AG; Germany; Global Champion
• Visteon Corporation; USA; Innovation & Technology
• Witzenmann GmbH; Germany; Capacity