PSA is to gradually restart production in the coming weeks with a first wave of partial reopening of industrial activity between 4 and 11 May and (from 11 May in France), taking into account the commercial context (ending lock-down, reopening of dealers, the commercial, situation of each model).
- Reinforced health measures, shared with the social partners and deployed before any restart of activity with voluntary employees
- An audit campaign to guarantee their implementation in 100% of the Group’s industrial, commercial, tertiary and R&D sites
- A gradual and secured resumption of manufacturing activity, driven by commercial activity
“Protecting our employees and protecting our company remain the two intangible principles for the conduct of our operations,” said PSA EVP, Yann Vincent.
“Our enhanced measures protocol offers a high level of protection to our employees and is the first criterion for restarting our production sites.
“As industrial activity is driven by commercial activity, which is our second criterion, we are gradually and securely relaunching our industrial apparatus to manufacture the cars expected by our customers. These two criteria will guide our decisions for the coming weeks and months.”
During production shutdown, PSA deployed a protocol of reinforced sanitary measures, adapted to the context of each industrial, commercial, administrative and R&D site. Built with the health services, this protocol has been widely shared with representative trade union organisations and has been subject to systematic audits.
In addition, people known as ‘Protocol Referents’ will be responsible for verifying the application of barrier measures and actions on site, implementing corrective actions if necessary.
- Use wherever possible of individual transport. For car sharing and public transport, provision of masks and predefined filling rule (staggered placement from the back of the bus)
- Temperature check at the entrance to the site, in addition to symptom self-monitoring
- Individual supply of masks and hydro alcoholic gel
- Wearing glasses and masks on site
- Respect for distance between people throughout the site, including rest areas, smoking areas with floor markings
- Keep doors open (except fire doors) to avoid contact with the handles.
- Frequent cleaning of tools and work surfaces
- Waiting time during any exchange of parts not prepared in PSA’s environment
- Adjustment of rotations between teams’ shifts to avoid crossover