DRB-HICOM , owner of Proton , has signed a joint venture partnership with Faurecia group to produce  complete exhaust systems in Malaysia.

The joint venture, between DRB’s subsidiary Oriental Summit Industries Sdn Bhd (OSI) and Faurecia Exhaust International SAS, will be called Faurecia HICOM Emissions Control Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd.

The new company will allow DRB-Hicom to locally source complete exhaust systems that comply with stringent international emissions standards.

Under the agreement, OSI will take a 35% stake in the joint venture, while Faurecia will hold the remaining 65% of the shares.