View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Dashboard
  2. Deals
July 8, 2022

Toyoda Gosei to invest in China parts supplier

Toyoda Gosei strengthens its China supply chain with its investment in an established parts supplier.

By David Leggett

Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd., through its regional headquarters in China, Toyoda Gosei (China) Investment Co., Ltd. (TG China), is investing in Chinese parts supplier Wuhan Binyu Auto. Part Co., Ltd.

Toyoda Gosei will take a 34% share in Wuhan Binyu Auto. Part Co., Ltd, valued at around JPY350m. Current owner Ningbo Yibin will have the remaining 66% equity.

The company says the move will strengthen Toyoda Gosei’s supply system for interior and exterior automotive parts in central China.

Wuhan Binyu is a production company in the Yibin Group (Ningbo Yibin Electronic Technology Corp.) that supplies interior and exterior automotive parts in China’s major automobile manufacturing regions (north China, south China, central China).

It provides console boxes and cockpit components to Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd. and Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd. (Dongfeng Nissan) in central China.

With this investment, the Toyoda Gosei Group aims to grow its sales in China by merging its engineering and production expertise as a global supplier of plastic parts with the business partnership that Ningbo Yibin has built over many years with automakers in China.

Toyoda Gosei’s China companies network

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Monday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every quarter.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Just Auto