Volkswagen has presented its Group Award to top suppliers, with eight companies recognised in six categories reflecting future-oriented topics.
This year, the awards were presented to winners by mail instead of in person, as is usually the case.
“We would like to thank all the award-winning companies for their outstanding dedication,” said Volkswagen Group and interim board member with responsibility for Procurement, Frank Witter.
“Our tremendous success with the transformation of the Volkswagen Group towards e-mobility is also due to close cooperation with strong, innovative suppliers.”
The award-winning partners had provided key impetus within Volkswagen’s global network during the year and helped the company make progress with the implementation of its strategy for carbon-neutral mobility.
For example, the companies had played a key role in the roll-out of e-mobility by providing charging cables for the modular electric drive toolkit (Harting), or battery containers for plug-in hybrid vehicles (Nemak). Siem Car Carriers facilitated the start of LNG shipping routes for reduced-emission global vehicle shipments.
The special commitment of suppliers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic was also honoured. By ramping up production at short notice following the non-availability of a supplier, Jiangsu Pacific Precision Forging maintained Volkswagen’s delivery chain intact and helped ensure Volkswagen could rapidly resume production.
The categories and content of the awards were defined by the transformation of the automotive industry and reflect relevant future-oriented topics.
The eight winners of the Volkswagen Group Award 2020 are:
- Local Performance Champion: Friedrich Boysen – Germany
- E-Mobility: Harting Automotive – Germany
- Local Performance Champion: Jiangsu Pacific Precision Forging – China
- Local Performance Champion: Mueba Carbo Tech – Austria
- Launch of the Year: Nemak – Germany
- Global Performance Champion: Shanghai Automobile Air-Conditioner Accessory – China
- Sustainability: Siem Car Carriers – UK
- Value Innovation: Stiwa Advanced Products – Austria