Pirelli UK is to recommence production at its plants in Carlisle and Burton-on-Trent from 18 May.
The company said its top priority was ensuring the health and safety of its workers and the wider community.
Initial production would be at a reduced rate, reflecting current market demand.
Since the temporary halting of activities on 23 March, due to the consequences of the coronavirus, the company has put in place stringent health and safety measures to protect employees returning to work.
Initially, only the small number of employees needed to meet current production levels will return to onsite activities while working from home will be encouraged and supported in other areas,such as commercial and administrative functions.
Employees in high risk groups will remain at home.
Safety measures for employees returning to work will include:
- Temperature screening for everyone entering Pirelli sites;
- Compulsory PPE use for all employees (facemasks, gloves and hand sanitiser);
- Observation of social distancing (2m between people) in all areas at all times;
- Restricted numbers in communal areas;
- Cleaning and sanitising of work areas several times per day
As activity gradually recommences, Pirelli will continue to monitor the evolution of the situation and may announce further measures if necessary.