The Tata-owned Jaguar premium brand has revealed its new XF Sportbrake (estate or wagon) today, some ten years after the introduction of the XF saloon (and five years after the first XF Sportbrake).
It follows two years on from the introduction of the second generation XF saloon.
The new model was revealed by tennis player Sir Andy Murray with a live broadcast via Jaguar’s Facebook channel – themed around the annual Wimbledon tennis tournament that starts later this month.
Both XF model lines are produced at Jaguar Land Rover’s Castle Bromwich Plant alongside the XE, XJ and F-TYPE model lines.
Earlier this year Jaguar Land Rover’s latest Ingenium engines were introduced to the XF range to deliver improved efficiency, lower running costs and enhanced performance. Updates included the new 200PS and 250PS Ingenium petrol engines, as well as new convenience and safety features.
Among the features on the new vehicle, Jaguar’s Driver Condition Monitoring system detects signs of drowsiness and warn drivers when they need to take a break, and joins a full suite of driver assistance and safety systems. There’s also the introduction of a gesture control blind for the panoramic roof, gesture tailgate opening nd Jaguar’s wearable waterproof ‘Activity Key’ for running, cycling and water sports.
Four Ingenium petrol and diesel engines deliver power from 163PS to 250PS, with CO2 emissions as low as 118g/km.
There’s a choice of two six-cylinder engines: a 380PS 3.0-litre supercharged V6 petrol engine, or 300PS3.0-litre V6 diesel.
Jaguar says that aluminium-intensive architecture keeps kerb weight from 1,660kg.
“The award winning Jaguar XF is already established as the most dynamic saloon car in the business segment. With the addition of the Sportbrake, we’re adding space and usability to the existing fun-to-drive package. And with super clean Ingenium engines mated with all-weather traction, we have developed a car to appeal to customers who want an efficient premium estate with low ownership costs,” said Nick Collins, Vehicle Line Director, Jaguar XF.
Some history and milestones for the XF range over the past decade
- 2007 – Launched at Frankfurt Motor Show, First Jaguar saloon designed under Ian Callum
- 2009 – XFR announced featuring new 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine, 0-60mph 4.7s, 510PS
- 2011 – New XF 2.2 Diesel, 1,313km, one tank of fuel
- 2012 – First XF Sportbrake revealed
- 2013 – 200,000th XF produced
- 2015 – All-New XF Launched, from 104g CO2, Up to 190kg lighter
- 2015 – All-New XF achieves Five Star Euro NCAP rating
- 2016 – All-Wheel Drive Launched globally, Long wheelbase XFL revealed at Beijing Motor Show
- 2017 – 190 awards won globally to date, Jaguar’s most decorated car
- 2017 – New XF Sportbrake revealed
You can watch a recording of the FB event at this link