Faurecia’s Foundation is to sponsor 11 projects worldwide.
For the second year in a row, Faurecia’s Foundation has launched an internal call for projects, mobilising employees across the Group.
Ideas submitted had to fall into the three focuses of the Foundation: equal access to education, social inclusion through mobility and environment conservation.
Following a first round of selection in countries, a shortlist of 30 initiatives was presented to the Foundation’s selection committee; out of which 11 projects were validated by its board.
Five initiatives to support education among unprivileged populations:
- Afterschool Houses: in China, through three afterschool houses targeting 600 migrant workers’ children aged from six to 12 in Shanghai, the Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. 100 employees will be involved on a voluntary basis
- Access & Inclusion: in India, through the improvement of a residential facility and its training offer, easing the inclusion of 130 blind residents aged from 18 to 35. Three employees will volunteer for this Pune-based project
- Let’s Connect: in Romania, through afterschool activities and donations of digital devices (tablets, access to internet) to 40 disadvantaged children. Six employees will coordinate the initiative
- Digitise & Learn: in Spain, through education support provided to 252 young refugees, also supporting the integration of their families. Spanish employees will be involved on a voluntary basis to cover two refugee centres in Valencia
- Reboot: in Italy, through the donation of refurbished computers to 250 children to help them attend school from home in four regions: Abruzzo, Molise, Marche and Umbria, thanks to the involvement of one employee
Three projects to improve the mobilityof disabled people:
- In France, through the improvement of wheelchair comfort, to detect and warm up the body when needed
- Moving Together: in Germany, through providing a mobility solution (a van) to 22 residents of a handicap centre in Augsburg, facilitating their social inclusion. One employee will coordinate the project
- Autonomy at Home: in the US, through installing four wheelchair ramps to improve the autonomy of disabled people at home. The project is deployed in Bartholomew County, Indiana by one employee and Faurecia employees will be invited to volunteer to build the ramps
Three projects to protect the environment:
- Green Village: in India, through the creation of a green energy village located in Chakan, with energy, water, and forest regenerative facilities for 300 families. Five employees are involved in the initiative
- Ternana Green Aid: Italy, though the deployment of an eco-friendly assistance and delivery service for more than 1,000 families from Terni and hit by the COVID-19 crisis. One employee will lead the project
- At Your Door: Portugal, through an environment project bridging the link between youngsters and seniors: eight young volunteers will raise awareness of climate-conscious actions among 40 elderly people. One employee will support the initiative
The new batch of projects comes on top of the three pilots launched last year in India, Morocco, and Mexico.
As well as employee projects, the Faurecia Foundation is engaging three additional partnerships with well-established associations and foundations, supporting:
- Students strongly impacted by the COVID-19 crisis in France through the Fondation de France
- Mobile schools for street children in Europe and Latin America, through the NGO Mobile School
- The refurbishment of medical material – circular economy business model – for disabled people in France
“I was impressed and proud to see the rich list of ideas submitted by Faurecia employees this year, especially given the unprecedented context we all went through in 2020,” said Faurecia Group Sustainable Development director and Faurecia Foundation general delegate, Isabelle Cornu.
“The enthusiasm, energy, willingness to give back to society is real and our objective is to give you the means to act.”