Eberspaecher and China Yuchai International have inked a contract to form a joint venture – Eberspaecher Yuchai Exhaust Technology.

The JV will produce and sell exhaust emission control systems for Chinese commercial vehicles to meet emission standard, China National 6.

Eberspaecher will hold a 51% shareholding interest of the JV with a Guangxi Yuchai Machinery subsidiary – Guangxi Yuchai Exhaust Technology – holding the remaining 49%. A new production facility dedicated to producing the joint venture’s exhaust systems will be built at GYMCL’s current engine production facilities in Yulin City, China.

The establishment and operation of the JV is subject to certain approvals to be granted by the relevant government authorities in China.

“As the market leader for commercial vehicle emission control technologies in Europe and North America, it is clear to us we can bring this expertise to Asia,”said Eberspaecher Exhaust Technology COO, Thomas Waldhier. “With China Yuchai as our strong partner, the foundation is being laid to achieve a leading position in Asia as well.”

To supply Asian commercial vehicle manufacturers, the JV will build a production plant in Yulin City, in the province of Guangxi. With an area of up to 12,000 sqm  (129,167 sq ft), the first exhaust control systems will be produced at the end of 2019. In the first full year of production, 160,000 systems are planned while in the long term, the JV is expected to create up to 250 local jobs.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The new exhaust emission control systems are combination systems in China National 6; the strictest emission standard for particulates, nitrogen oxide and hydrocarbons. This emission standard corresponds to Euro 6 in Europe and EPA 10 in the US. China National 6 will result in a further reduction of 80% for nitrogen oxides and 66% for particle mass compared to the China National 5 standard.

The Eberspaecher commercial vehicle combination systems consist of two main components: a diesel particulate filter system – consisting of an oxidation catalyst (DOC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF) – and a nitrogen oxide reduction system, which includes urea dosing and SCR catalysts.

In addition to the emission function, these technologies also comply with the relevant acoustic regulations.