Aptiv has recorded second-quarter revenue up 94% to US$3.8bn, with net income of US$147m.
Year to date financial highlights include:
- Revenue of US$7.8bn, an increase of 51%
- Revenue increased 44% adjusted for currency exchange, commodity movements and divestitures
- Net income of US$426m
- Operating income margin of 9.1%
- Adjusted Operating Income margin of 9.4%, Adjusted Operating Income of US$738m. Adjusted EBITDA of US$1.13bn.
- Generated US$549m of cash from operations
“Aptiv’s first half performance, which includes record revenue growth and growth over market, in addition to record new business awards, further validates the strength of our portfolio of market relevant technologies aligned to the safe, green and connected megatrends,” said Aptiv president and CEO, Kevin Clark.
“Our relentless focus on serving customers in this challenging environment is driving incremental volume and market share gains for Aptiv. These higher demand levels are represented in our raised outlook for the year, as we continue to work diligently to mitigate headwinds while the industry strives to meet post-pandemic demand levels.
“Our unique brain and nervous system capabilities are providing distinct advantages to help customers transition to the electrified, software-defined vehicle of the future, resulting in more content and expansive market opportunities.
“Moving forward, I am confident the benefits of our flexible and sustainable business model, our track record of innovation and execution and our strong balance sheet will continue to create value for all of our stakeholders.”