ABB has launched its new Terra AC wallbox to meet demand for connected charging in homes and businesses.
The wallbox is available in up to 22kW variants to ensure compatibility with the electrical system of homes and buildings across the world.
It will be available in select markets, including Europe, during the coming months and available globally by May, 2020. The AC wallbox can be ordered via the ABB partner network.
“The trends of urbanisation, digitalisation and industrialisation all converged to necessitate a significant shift in the way we travel,” said ABB head of Global Business for E-mobility Infrastructure Solutions, Frank Muehlon.
The Terra AC wallbox benefits from connectivity which enables configuration and software updates via a dedicated App or remotely via the cloud, providing flexibility and minimising the need for onsite intervention.
Each charger is equipped with a revenue grade energy meter, which can be integrated with smart building energy management systems, allowing advanced load management features. This enables home and business owners to adjust the power of assets as needed to maximise charging power and cost efficiency.
Other features include:
- Connectivity options including Wifi, Bluetooth and Ethernet
- Space saving design enables installation on a wall or pedestal, which can accommodate two chargers back-to-back
- With multiple connectors available, Terra AC wallbox is compatible with the majority of EVs
- Dustproof and water resistant in harsh weather conditions enhancing uptime and product lifetime
- Future proof flexibility
- Future-ready with software updated via the user App
- Authentication via either RFID or the App provides flexibility for public-use case applications
- Integrates with ABB’s complementary building automation solutions
- Safety and protection
- Evaluated and tested by independent third party
- Current limiting protection allows maximum charging power without nuisance tripping
- Integrated ground fault and overvoltage protection protects user and car
ABB offers a range of charging and electrification solutions for electric cars, electric and hybrid buses, as well as for ships and railways.
ABB entered the EV-charging market in 2010 and today has sold more than 13,000 ABB DC fast chargers in more than 80 countries.