US: GAZ to buy Sebring/Stratus assembly line from Chrysler
The sale will be conducted through a US-based exporter, East Coast Trading Company (ECTC).
The equipment will be shipped from Chrysler's Sterling Heights plant, which is currently benefiting from a $US278m investment program to install flexible manufacturing systems.
GAZ will have full vehicle production and sales rights in Russia and other CIS countries. It told Associated Press it will build up to 65,000 cars annually.
GAZ will also purchase 2.4 litre engines from Chrysler's Saltillo, Mexico, plant for use in the Chrysler-based cars, as well as its Volga and Gazelle vehicles.
DaimlerChrysler expects an improvement in profitability in fiscal year 2006, with continuing increases in operating profit during the following years, chairman Dieter Zetsche, was to tell the annual m...
Higher energy prices have stopped the steady US market share gains that light trucks and sport utility vehicles have made for years, DaimlerChrysler chief executive Dieter Zetsche reportedly said on W...
DaimlerChrysler chief executive Dieter Zetsche broke with German tradition and revealed his pay package at the carmaker's annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, according to Reuters....
DaimlerChrysler aims to boost its operating profit to EUR9.4bn ($US11.39bn) in 2008 from EUR5.2bn last year on rising car sales, German magazine Capital reported, according to Reuters....
Like BMW, DaimlerChrysler achieved record monthly sales in March....
Volkswagen in Salzgitter has now begun delivery of the two-litre TDI engine to DaimlerChrysler in the USA....
Russian automaker GAZ is considering assembling its Gazel mid-sized trucks and vans in Brazil, Boris Alyoshin, director of Russia's Federal Industry Agency, told Prime-Tass during a visit to the count...
DaimlerChrysler has said it will reduce its 30% stake in the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), by 7.5%....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Peugeot Quartz concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)