US: GAZ to buy Sebring/Stratus assembly line from Chrysler
The sale will be conducted through a US-based exporter, East Coast Trading Company (ECTC).
The equipment will be shipped from Chrysler's Sterling Heights plant, which is currently benefiting from a $US278m investment program to install flexible manufacturing systems.
GAZ will have full vehicle production and sales rights in Russia and other CIS countries. It told Associated Press it will build up to 65,000 cars annually.
GAZ will also purchase 2.4 litre engines from Chrysler's Saltillo, Mexico, plant for use in the Chrysler-based cars, as well as its Volga and Gazelle vehicles.
DaimlerChrysler expects an improvement in profitability in fiscal year 2006, with continuing increases in operating profit during the following years, chairman Dieter Zetsche, was to tell the annual m...
Higher energy prices have stopped the steady US market share gains that light trucks and sport utility vehicles have made for years, DaimlerChrysler chief executive Dieter Zetsche reportedly said on W...
DaimlerChrysler chief executive Dieter Zetsche broke with German tradition and revealed his pay package at the carmaker's annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, according to Reuters....
DaimlerChrysler aims to boost its operating profit to EUR9.4bn ($US11.39bn) in 2008 from EUR5.2bn last year on rising car sales, German magazine Capital reported, according to Reuters....
Like BMW, DaimlerChrysler achieved record monthly sales in March....
Volkswagen in Salzgitter has now begun delivery of the two-litre TDI engine to DaimlerChrysler in the USA....
Russian automaker GAZ is considering assembling its Gazel mid-sized trucks and vans in Brazil, Boris Alyoshin, director of Russia's Federal Industry Agency, told Prime-Tass during a visit to the count...
DaimlerChrysler has said it will reduce its 30% stake in the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), by 7.5%....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- No Mexico-Brazil agreement on new auto pact
- Volkswagen aims to triple MQB output
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)