Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
It might be about to enter its ninth year of production but the L200 pick-up remains competitive and has aided Mitsubishi Motors Europe's 23% year-on-year H1 sales rise.>
As sticking points go, South Africa's so-called 'peace clause' has proved exceptionally tricky to shift.>
The IT industry has made much of the benefits of a Cloud infrastructure, offering better security and less complex networks in the workplace. Infotainment specialist Harman with subsidiary Aha claims its use in the car could be equally effective. It is now offering OEMs and service providers a chance to use the Cloud beyond downloading apps, navigation updates or music. Understanding what features are being used by the end customer, finding software bugs, removing unused features, reducing recalls or targeting specific customers with updates and advertising are just some of the ideas that Harman claims it can offer with its new Aha Cloud Platform Analytics and Updates Service. just-auto spoke to Siegfried Schuler, Director Centre of Competence Aha, about the service and find out what OEMs are most interested in.>
We are now in the midst of what I like to call slash-your-wrists or lose-the-will-to-live season and it can apply equally to whether you are issuing or writing up a sometimes seemingly interminable series of quarterly results.>
Daimler reported strong second quarter results this week and the outlook looks very good for the group, writes Sabine Blümel.>
Prior to moving to the UK, I had almost zero exposure to the Kia brand which, 20 years ago, was mostly recycled Mazdas. And something called a Festiva which was a Mazda 121 built on an OEM basis for Ford Asia Pacific. If someone had told me the brand - under different ownership - would one day come at least within nose-punching distance of Lexus and those European 'premium' brands, I'd have laughed. But the day, it appears, has arrived.>
Current hot issue
Car sales in Africa are, relative to the continent's population size, very low. The focus on emerging markets has been elsewhere. However, there have been signs lately of more interest in prospects for the automotive sector in Africa, with Nigeria's emerging economy (now Africa's largest) attracting automotive OEMs. However, industrial relations strife in South Africa also illustrates the challenges that come with economic development.
The product space just below the 'conventional car' is an intriguing one.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- FRANCE: Peugeot-Citroën edges into the black
- US: GM faces lawsuit from alleged ignition switch victims
- SOUTH AFRICA: NEASA fights back against NUMSA fury
- JAPAN: Toyota retains global top spot, despite VW surge
- FRANCE: Renault profits should go "hand in hand" with social element: CFDT
- ITALY: Fiat second quarter net profit plummets 54% to EUR197m
- US: Ford looks at plug-in EVs talking to energy firms
- US/JAPAN: Panasonic to supply machinery for Tesla’s Gigafactory
- CHINA: Baidu apes Google with autonomous car project
- UK: Driverless cars to be allowed on UK roads in 2015
- ITALY: Rome mulls new car sales incentives
- UK: GKN’s sales down 2% to US$6.04bn in H1/2014
- CHINA: Toyota’s subsidiary TMCAP starts production of CVTs
- JAPAN: Mazda's global production rises 7% in H1
- FRANCE: Faurecia half-year profits jump 21% to EUR311m
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- Daimler - Q2 results insight
- Global light vehicle market developments
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Results season again
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015MY Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
- Jaguar Land Rover buys British classic cars hoard
- New alloy developed for new Jag
- JLR China cuts prices amid anti-trust probe
- Union puzzled no buyer for Unipart Automotive
- Tata Motors to assemble in Venezuela