Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Magna Closures designs, engineers and manufactures a range of vehicle closure modules, systems and components for the automotive industry. In this interview, Matthew Beecham spoke to David O'Connell, Vice President – Global Engineering and R&D, Magna Mirrors & Magna Closures about the company’s SmartLatch, PureView sliding window and how it strikes a balance between providing a door which improves side-crash safety yet reduces overall vehicle weight.>
Magna Mirrors is the world’s largest producer of automotive mirror systems and a major supplier of engineered glass systems and door handles. In this interview, Matthew Beecham spoke to David O'Connell, Vice President – Global Engineering and R&D, Magna Mirrors & Magna Closures about the auto-dimming and power-folding mirror markets and the increasing use of cameras on cars.>
Indonesia is an ASEAN market with plenty of growth potential. However, Tony Pugliese notes that it has hit some bumps in the road as fuel prices have soared.>
Part 1 of this briefing reviews the recent financial results of a sample of major global auto suppliers; Part 2 highlights recent developments in industry structure, including M&A and IPO activity and corporate restructuring.>
Yes, it's thirsty but the straight-six under the bonnet of the new V60 Polestar is Volvo's best sounding engine yet. Even better than the sadly short-lived V8. Such a shame then that the turbo 3.0-litre is also for the axe. No chance of a reprieve, Volvo?>
Johnson Controls' battery operation falls under the auspices of its Power Solutions business, serving both automotive OEMs and aftermarket. In this interview, Matthew Beecham spoke to Craig Rigby, Advanced Market and Technology Strategist, Johnson Controls Power Solutions about the company's technologies for stop-start applications, EVs and PHEVs.>
Current hot issue
Our coverage from this year's LA auto show is gathered together here.
Well, on average, male and 33.5 years of age, with average annual household income of $175,000. There's some interesting stuff here in a survey of 800 premium brand car customers in China carried out by the Hurun Research Institute.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- CHINA: Land Rover & Jeep rival Haval launches H9
- DETROIT DEBUTS: Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupé teased
- UK: Tata could shift JLR production abroad - Bhattacharyya
- JAPAN: Toyota reveals next-gen integrated safety tech; rollout from 2015
- THAILAND: SAIC to make MG eco-cars in Thailand
- JAPAN: Toyota goes for global recall on Takata airbags
- 2015 DETROIT SHOW DEBUTS: Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupé
- AUSTRALIA: Front-wheel drive 1 Series coming - BMW executive
- GERMANY: BMW's MINI to cut model line-up - reports
- ITALY: Ferrari spin-off to cut Fiat debt by EUR750m
- SINGAPORE: Continental invests US$22.84m to extend R&D centre
- CHINA: Chinese tyre industry urges government to resist US anti-dumping duties
- THAILAND SHOW DEBUTS: Ford Ranger facelift
- CHINA: BorgWarner supplies advanced turbo tech to VW in China
- UK: BMW urges UK auto finance sector to work "towards price transparency"
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INDIA: Datsun horror inspires national crash tests
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- Jaguar Land Rover named "most trustworthy OEM"
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- UK: Bentley BY716 SUV to be called 'Bentayga'