Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
With Europe's big motor shows of 2014 now gone, it's now time for California (LA, first press day today, November 18) and southern China (Guangzhou) to take the spotlight for new model world premieres. As ever with PLDB, information on these vehicles continues to be added and updated, writes Glenn Brooks.>
Fiat's 500 family could be the template for future C or D segment models, Fiat global brand chief Olivier Francois has hinted in an interview with just-auto.>
Emissions legislation, weight, packaging, safety and cost are the main factors driving fuel tank innovation. Matthew Beecham talked to Albert Boecker, Product & Advanced Engineering Director, Global Fuel Tank Systems, TI Automotive about the supplier’s fuel system technology and what can be done about ‘fuel slosh’.>
An intriguing yet realistic admission from the chief of Lexus Europe this week - the Germans can't be beat so the Toyota luxury brand will tussle for fourth place. Also some interesting comments on Lexus' lack of diesels - which is one reason why the Germans dominate.>
After years in the European wilderness, Lexus now seems set on a steady path of sales expansion. The new NX, a RAV4-sized crossover, is the next step in its plan to become a sports-premium brand.>
With all the hullabaloo surrounding the imminent nuclear talks deadline on 24 November - another one - between Iran and its suspicious Western negotiators - there is one implication of the Vienna talks that probably won't even receive an airing.>
Current hot issue
Our coverage from this year's LA auto show is gathered together here.
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: Land Wind clones Range Rover Evoque
- GERMANY: Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim
- UK: Car production down 6.7% in October
- US: GM shows off front end of next Chevy Volt
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: Kia to enter B-SUV segment with KX3
- US: TRW shareholders approve acquisition by ZF Friedrichshafen
- LA DEBUTS: Audi A7 h-tron - hydrogen fuel cell
- SYRIA: IKCO mulls 2015 market re-entry as civil war rages
- THAILAND: Thai vehicle sales crash 20% in October
- CHINA: FCA and GAC announce agreement to extend cooperation
- FRANCE: PSA flatly denies new job cuts but extraordinary meeting planned
- SPAIN: SEAT adds jobs at Martorell to meet rising demand
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- THAILAND: BMW builds engine assembly plant in Thailand
- MALAYSIA: Vehicle sales slightly weaker in October
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- COMMENT: Nuclear talks to kick-start basic safety?
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app
- Unite union ballots for JLR industrial action