Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Kia Motors America may be marking 20 years in the US this year but, despite 535,179 sales in 2013 (down 4% on 2012), the recent hit of 5m cumultative, half year 2014 volume up 7.2% to 297,413 and around 765 dealers in all 50 states, still insists its main mission is "awareness" and that the brand is "still a bit player".>
High-tech TDI engines that provide economy and performance sit at the heart of the Audi brand's values and technological DNA. As Audi marks a quarter century since it debuted TDI, Calum MacRae takes a look at Audi's strategy to develop TDI powertrain technology further to meet tighter future CO2 emission targets and the need for still higher efficiency from internal combustion engines.>
Much like supporting a football team, just when you think it's all going swimmingly and your club's in for a period of stability - and hopefully success - bang - the rug is pulled from underneath.>
Memo to self - be a little less facetious. Put 'off on a desert safari' in my Skype status to explain my absence and was greeted on return with 'how was your vacation?' from several who had apparently envisaged Sheikh Roberts wafting gently across the Sahara on a camel. Nope, I was in the Mojave, being (willingly) baked alive by Kia.>
Equities analyst Sabine Blümel has told just-auto that Volkswagen may be interested in parts of Fiat-Chrysler, as rumoured, but would have to be careful to avoid potential problems with such an acquisition.>
Been lying awake at night wondering how plug-in cars are doing in Europe? Me, neither, but, having now evaluated a few - Vauxhall Ampera [aka Chevy Volt], Toyota Prius, Volvo V60 with the Mitsubishi Outlander and BMW i3 REX to come - I figured it was time to take a look. Cue the expert number crunchers at UK-based JATO Dynamics.>
Current hot issue
Car sales in Africa are, relative to the continent's population size, very low. The focus on emerging markets has been elsewhere. However, there have been signs lately of more interest in prospects for the automotive sector in Africa, with Nigeria's emerging economy (now Africa's largest) attracting automotive OEMs. However, industrial relations strife in South Africa also illustrates the challenges that come with economic development.
Tributes are flowing in for Nick Scheele who has passed away, aged 70.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- US: UAW cites 1776 Constitution as Local 42 takes flight
- SOUTH AFRICA: Strike talks stall as both parties dig in on Section 37
- SWEDEN: Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- GERMANY: Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- GERMANY: Opel budget line will replace Chevys - reports
- US: UAW says Tennessee Local 42 will aim for "German-style works council"
- INDIA: Nissan ends Maruti Suzuki OEM deals
- SWEDEN: Volvo perks up park assist
- UK: Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- INDIA: VW builds car 400,000 at Pune
- SWEDEN: Autoliv sales up 8.4% in Q2
- US: Johnson Controls’ fiscal Q3 net sales up 3%
- CHINA: JAC officially launches iEV4 in Beijing
- INDIA: Nissan learns from its mistakes
- CHINA: BMW extends partnership with Brilliance
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018