Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
The big news this week was the long-expected announcement ZF would swallow TRW whole, re-establishing the respected chassis systems and safety equipment maker as a separate business division in a US$13.5bn deal.>
The people of Scotland have had their say on independence and decided to stay in the UK. It was a close vote, but in the end the margin was perhaps bigger than some had expected. Irrespective of political leanings, many UK businesses, including those in the automotive sector, will be breathing a sigh of relief today.>
There was already a choice of V6 petrol hybrid or four-cylinder diesel power for Infiniti Europe's Q50. Now, Nissan's upscale division has added a second Mercedes-supplied engine.>
Paul Philpott, Kia UK President and CEO, has given just-auto an upbeat assessment of conditions in the UK car market and growth prospects for the Kia brand.>
Mentor Graphics is a major supplier of software tools that help engineers design electronic systems and components. Headquartered in Oregon, US, Mentor generates annual revenues of some US$1bn. Its tools are involved in the design of almost every electronic gadget you can think of. To find out about its automotive business, Matthew Beecham spoke to Martin O’Brien, General Manager, Integrated Electrical Systems Division Mentor Graphics.>
PSA built the 100,000th Peugeot 2008 after just nine months of production at the Mulhouse plant in France. Now, a night shift has just been added (15 September) to keep up with demand. What's driving this success?>
Current hot issue
The media preview days of the 2014 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile on 2 & 3 October are not far away now. Time to gather up news of what we expect to see
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- INDONESIA SHOW: Automakers exhibit growing confidence
- US: TRW stresses shift from components to functionality
- ITALY: Mitsubishi to build pick-up truck for Fiat
- US: Safety advances and Silicon Valley 'bit of Wild West': Potomac Alliance
- US: California issues first autonomous drive test permits
- GERMANY: Demand slows so Ford trims popular hatchback output
- US: Toyota recalls NAFTA-made vehicles for fuel pipe check
- GERMANY: ThyssenKrupp develops lighter components
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia diesel hybrid concept & Mercedes C 63 AMG
- LA DEBUTS: Cadillac ATS-V
- JAPAN: Suzuki recalls 453,000 minivehicles for a/c fan fault
- UK: Lotus to restructure and up to 325 jobs could go
- US: NHTSA adding in-house technology expertise: Potomac Alliance
- US: And now (drum roll), the Nissan Leaf truck...
- CHINA: Honeywell triples turbocharger capacity with new Wuhan plant
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- GM Holden starts axing engineers - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn