Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Perhaps not surprisingly, given our target audience, the most-read news item on just-auto this week was about a Geneva new product roll-out, but it wasn't a new car.>
No sooner did the final bars of the score to this year's triumphant Winter Olympics in the Russian city of Sochi fade into memory - accompanied by a tear-shedding bear reminiscent of the Moscow Olympics in 1980 - than all that goodwill seems to have evaporated in a puff of smoke.>
Can a Kia ever be considered against the Golf GTI, Glenn Brooks wonders, as he tries the strangely named pro_cee'd GT.>
Ford has launched a revamped version of its Focus model in Geneva as part of a five-year product offensive promised under the 'Go Further' banner. Dave Leggett caught up with Ford of Europe's chief to hear more about the strategy to return the company's European operations to profitability by 2015.>
The sun shone eventually on the automotive industry at this week's Geneva show but there are still a lot of dark clouds hanging over Europe.>
Tata's UK-based Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) unit has grown volume and profit in recent years, underpinned by successful model range additions and sales expansion around the world. Ian Adcock lifts the lid on the increasing importance of aluminium in JLR's future product strategy.>
Current hot issue
We're busy keeping track of expected new model launches and our show coverage is lovingly packaged here
We're having more conversations with industry folk who are wondering where the Ukraine's crisis could lead.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- UK: Car sales in Western Europe up 5.1% in February
- GENEVA: Fiat-Chrysler CEO sees Brazil profit boost from 2017
- UK: Jaguar recruits footballer Beckham as China brand ambassador
- RUSSIA: Consumers eye hard assets as rouble plummets
- FRANCE: Renault targets 750,000 sales in China
- US: GM to add stamping plant at Lansing Grand River factory
- GERMANY: Mercedes-Benz car sales up 16.5% in February
- MYANMAR: Toyota, Suzuki to invest in new economic zone
- US: Ford juggles E- and F-Series production
- CHINA: TI Automotive opens new fuel tank systems factory
- INDIA: Daimler begins construction of new bus plant
- CHINA: Geely to axe domestic brands - report
- BEIJING PREVIEW: Global debuts [Kia K3 S added]
- CHINA: Parents eschew child safety seats
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Scale and mega-platforms
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- JLR reported close to Saudi Arabia factory deal
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028