Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Just back from what was my first ever Honda launch event to bring you news of the 2015 CR-V update for Europe, majoring, of course on a new diesel engine and ZF's new(ish) nine-speed automatic.>
When you already have a vehicle that is a major success (outselling all car models in the US in December) and one of the most popular models in its segment pretty much worldwide, there's not too much point in altering the recipe too much.>
So the saga of the Osaka is finally over - at least the seaborne element of it anyway - but perhaps now the real drama begins back at port in Southampton.>
Audi's continuing success has come with a stream of new products but is a TT family a step too far?>
At the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, just-auto's Cat Dow caught up with GM's Chief Infotainment Office Philip Abram to learn more about the OEM's plans for connected vehicles.>
Nexteer, the former GM Saginaw steering division, has flourished under the ownership of China-based Pacific Century Motors its owner since 2011. Calum MacRae caught up with Nexteer’s president and COO Laurent Bresson at the recent NAIAS.>
Current hot issue
Barely had the car carrier Hoegh Osaka left the port of Southampton and entered the Solent, something went horribly wrong and the ship listed hard over before the pilot and crew beached her on a sandbank. At risk are 1,200 JLR vehicles, 65 Minis, one Rolls-Royce and a bunch of JCB machines. We're following the salvage saga.
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- UK: Car output in UK topped 1.5m units in 2014
- UK: Automakers "anxious" to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh Autoliners
- SPAIN: Honda's new Jazz finally reaching UK late summer
- US: Cadillac's mixed material range topper
- US: Venezuela woes cost Ford $800m pretax in Q4 2014
- US: Johnson Controls automotive profitability up 26% in fiscal Q1
- JAPAN: Nissan to raise exports from Japan
- JAPAN: Toyota to boost Mirai FCV output as orders mount
- MALAYSIA: DRB-Hicom to assemble Tata trucks
- GERMANY: BMW appoints new head of Mini brand
- BRAZIL: Revalued dollar hurries nationalisation plans
- UK Fast progress could see Hoegh Osaka in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai profit down 15% in 2014
- CHICAGO DEBUTS: Mysterious Mitsubishi teased
- THAILAND: Toyota targets strong growth in Indochina
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Toyota puts the brakes on sales expectations
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European chart
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029