Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
After reaching agreement to purchase TRW, 2015 is shaping up to be the most momentous year in ZF's long history. Colin Whitbread considers the implications of the latest developments.>
After last week's news concerning top Nissan/Infiniti executive Andy Palmer's move to Aston Martin, came another shift - a BMW German region head to replace Palmer at the helm of Infiniti.>
Today's media release from Daimler is official confirmation that the Mercedes-Benz passenger cars division will leverage multiple architectures for its future models. But what will those vehicles be, and where will they be built?>
The name is the same but Porsche's latest Panamera 4S loses its normally aspirated V8 and gains a biturbo V6 that's not only more powerful but 20% more fuel efficient.>
One of the aspects that genuinely surprised me about the recent visit to Russia organised by Renault and AvtoVAZ was the almost complete absence of trade union antagonism to restructuring.>
The site for Tesla's big battery factory has been announced.>
Current hot issue
The media preview days of the 2014 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile on 2 & 3 October are not far away now. Time to gather up news of what we expect to see
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- RUSSIA: General Motors' Opel reorganises as market toughens
- JAPAN: Toyota stalls on Mexico plant plans
- US: GM adjudicator OKs 19 ignition switch related death claims
- US: TRW Automotive demonstrates semi-automated driving
- RUSSIA: Avtovaz to spend US$2.62bn to upgrade technology and models
- US: Honda and Takata aware of airbag problem since 2004 - report
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- CHINA: Hyundai plans two new plants instead of one
- INDIA: Maruti Suzuki's Manesar plant builds 2.5m cars
- GERMANY: Opel shows OnStar at emergency call conference
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: Daqing-built Volvo XC60
- US: Tesla sees off Massachussetts dealer court case
- INDIA: Mahindra eyes Peugeot scooter unit - report
- US: ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- FRANCE: Renault-Nissan Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Panamera 4S
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review