Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
When you think about it, modern cars are cheap. It might not seem that way when assessing the amount of metal, plastic, glass and rubber you get for your money, but things look different when taking into account everything else involved in their creation.>
Volvo Cars has finally seen its plans for a return to strong growth in the US realised. An 18% YoY rise in August to 5,870 registrations compares to a 10% drop in China to 5,574. A strong order bank for the new XC90 is one of the main reasons for the return to form in what had for decades been the brand's best global market.>
China's economy is obviously causing concern right now. It has been such an engine of growth for the world economy that investors get spooked by signs that the slowdown is turning into a 'hard landing' or that Beijing is losing its (to be fair, considerably deft) touch with managing China's sprawling macroeconomy.>
Continuing just-auto’s series of research snapshots – pulled from its automotive research platform, QUBE - Matthew Beecham reviews some trends in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) market.>
As automakers search for weight reduction in all parts of the vehicle, Matthew Beecham spoke to Mark Findlay, managing director at UK engineering consultancy, Drive System Design (DSD) about how weight savings might be made in the transmission and driveline.>
It's only natural to want to leave something behind, something tangible which indicates you've made a difference and which will endure for decades, perhaps even lifetimes.>
Current hot issue
Airbag supplier Takata is under fire as potentially faulty inflators - which can fragment into shrapnel as the 'bag inflates and have been blamed for several deaths - prompt NHTSA to intensify the urgency of recalling 7.8m cars in the US and its territories alone. Our coverage is here.
The dramatic growth in cab-hailing apps in general and Uber in particular has got ‘official’ taxi drivers hot under the collar. According to figures out this week from the UK’s Department of Transport (DfT), the number of private hire vehicles on London's roads has surged by 26% over the past two years.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- US: Labor Day shift hits light vehicle sales
- SLOVAKIA: Kia eyes 3m sales record for 2015
- SOUTH KOREA: Domestic sales rise 15% in August
- NEW ZEALAND: 'August new vehicle registrations still in high gear' - MIA
- GERMANY: VW extending Winterkorn's contract
- UK: Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- CHINA: Chinese investors back NextEV, Tesla rival
- JAPAN: Toyota teases redone Prius ahead of Frankfurt global debut
- GERMANY: European drivers keen on semi-autonomous tech – Ford
- CHINA: Chinese car buying sentiment falters
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Toyota Prius & future Qashqai rival added
- INDIA: GM India starts Beat/Spark exports to Mexico
- NIGERIA: Uber and Kia combine for driver deals in Lagos – report
- US: FCA appoints Todd Breneiser as NAFTA head product planning head
- JAPAN: Suzuki-VW dispute over as court rules in Suzuki's favour
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market