Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
It’s 120kg heavier than its equivalent SDV6 variants, yet averages 30+mpg in the real world with 26% fewer emissions of CO2. It will glide in and out of your garage in silence but 700Nm of torque can be summoned in an instant - the Hybrid is a Range Rover like none other.>
Moving to a 48V architecture in hybrid and electric vehicles offers plenty of promise. It provides about four times the energy recuperation - from regenerative and friction braking - than is available on the traditional 12V system. Calum MacRae takes a closer look at supplier plans and forecasts for 48V.>
A highlight for the Z-list 'trade site' peasant this week was - courtesy of right place, right time - to sup down at the A-listers' table on the international first drive event for Volvo's superb new XC90.>
Volvo's UK unit is keeping one card up its sleeve when it launches the redesigned XC90 SUV starting in June.>
As a car brand, Suzuki is not one of the big beasts of the auto industry. It's something of a niche player but is now planning to cement its position in key niches, says Dave Leggett.>
Mercedes-Benz has struggled for 18 years to make profits from smart. Platform sharing with Renault may be the brand's last chance, writes Ray Hutton.>
Current hot issue
If it's March, it's the Geneva show
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- US: Winter chills February light vehicle sales
- GENEVA: Ford adjusting to Russia challenges - Farley
- GENEVA: CLEPA to bang TTIP drum in Washington
- GENEVA: CrossClimate tyre to be "affordable": Michelin CEO
- GENEVA: Michelin 'merging two worlds' with new CrossClimate tyre
- UK: Companies need better future car product understanding - survey
- JAPAN: Landmark promotion for Toyota Europe chief
- GENEVA: SsangYong eyes Tivoli springboard to recovery
- GENEVA: Audi ready for fuel cells
- GENEVA: Russia, Greece and diesel worry GM Europe chief
- US: Toyota names first female managing officer
- US: Daimler launches new Merc van
- GENEVA: Fiat Chrysler confirms new roadster named 124 Spider
- CHINA: Volvo to launch three cylinder S60L T3 in Q2 2015
- SWEDEN: Volvo Cars sales up 0.1% in February
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- OnStar to be 'revolutionary' in Europe - Opel head
- GENEVA: Toyota joins engine downsize bandwagon
- No Mexico-Brazil agreement on new auto pact
- GENEVA: VW Passat is Car of the Year 2015