Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
If I had to think of one adjective to describe this week's autobiz news, 'interesting' is as good a fit as any. Bit of this, bit of that.>
Last week saw Scandinavian automotive supplier body FKG's Annual Forum in Gothenburg, bringing together more than 400 component producers, politicians and union leaders. Just-auto was there and here is a quote snapshot of what is always a fascinating and lively conference organised by the tireless FKG.>
Ping goes the inbox. A welcome new email comes from our colleagues at JATO Dynamics with the latest eight-month YTD European PHEV sales data.>
It's as if the Cold War never went away.>
Audi, or Peugeot? No contest. But what if the question is instead TT or RCZ R? Trickier. It would be ironic if PSA's cost cutting means this beautiful coupe won't have a replacement as the RCZ is already a successful, high-priced Peugeot.>
The weekend's news Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover is 'talking to southern states' about establishing a factory in the United States is an intriguing development and one that would make good sense both for the British automaker and its Indian parent.>
Current hot issue
Airbag supplier Takata is under fire as potentially faulty inflators - which can fragment into shrapnel as the 'bag inflates and have been blamed for several deaths - prompt NHTSA to intensify the urgency of recalling 7.8m cars in the US and its territories alone. Our coverage is here.
Making cars where you sell them makes sense on a number of grounds. It can be a way to save on shipping costs, exploit lower manufacturing costs, avoid import tariffs and reduce exchange rate risks.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- US: Ford Q3 pre-tax profit plunges $1.4bn
- BRAZIL: Honda imports Civic Si coupe from Canada
- US: Former PR executive claims Ford bugged his telephone
- MEXICO: Mazda starts 2 production at MMVO
- CHINA: Novelis expands aluminium output
- JAPAN: Nissan recalls 260,000 cars globally over Takata airbags
- LA DEBUTS: BMW X5 M & BMW X6 M
- UK: Mazda aims for new-look dealers by March
- US: Gentex posts net income up 30% to US$72m
- US: GM still books $1.4bn Q3 net profit after $300m flood and Russia hit
- GERMANY: Daimler boosts Q3 profit after record sales
- UK: Vauxhall undercuts Fiesta with new Corsa pricing
- BELGIUM: DuPont to fight EC coolant objections "every step of the way"
- GERMANY: Mercedes seeks new NAFTA Sprinter assembly plant
- SWEDEN: Russian tension will not escalate: chief economist
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- COMMENT: FKG keeps ears on the track in Gothenburg
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- UK: Vauxhall goes after Ford with Corsa pricing
- Britain better off inside a reformed EU - UK PM
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report