Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Russia, Lexus' number one market in its European region, might be down, but UK sales are up strongly. On balance then, 2014 has been a good year, according to the brand's Head of Europe. Next, he promises more hybrids but no diesels. Why?>
China's astonishing growth rates of recent years is starting to ebb, but still represents a powerful performance that is the envy of most of the developed world. Simon Warburton talked to global component producer, Faurecia deputy general manager China Division, Jingcheng Li, about opportunities which challenges such as emissions control and lightweighting, present.>
I've come off the bench this week, as just-auto news editor, Graeme Roberts, takes a well-earned sojorn in Shakespeare's home county, HQ also of global good news story, JLR, of which more later.>
It can't catch the sixth place Qashqai but the recently facelifted VW Polo is now the UK's seventh best seller, ahead of the entire Audi A3 range.>
GM's Europe-based brands are plotting what could be a major reversal of fortunes. It's all about new cars, extra models and an ever-closer alliance with Buick.>
With Europe's big motor shows of 2014 now gone, it's now time for California (LA, first press day today, November 18) and southern China (Guangzhou) to take the spotlight for new model world premieres. As ever with PLDB, information on these vehicles continues to be added and updated, writes Glenn Brooks.>
Current hot issue
Our coverage from this year's LA auto show is gathered together here.
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- GENEVA 2015 DEBUTS: Audi A1 & S1 facelifts
- GERMANY: Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Motor raises 2014 sales target
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- THAILAND MOTOR EXPO DEBUTS: Nissan X-Trail
- THAILAND SHOW DEBUTS: Bangna Trad-built Nissan X-Trail
- 2015 DETROIT SHOW DEBUTS: Infiniti Q60 Coupe concept
- INDIA: Tata Motors to introduce AMT in commercial vehicles
- JAPAN: Toyota Boshoku starts production of fuel cell parts for all-new Mirai
- US: IAC announces management changes
- GERMANY: Schaeffler’s revenue rises 7.1% for first nine months of 2014
- SPAIN: 2016 Hyundai i20 last to be bought on price: UK MD
- GUANGZHOU SHOW: China replaces US as Volvo Car's biggest market
- GERMANY: Volkswagen Group to invest EUR86bn in next five years
- LA DEBUTS: Mullen defibrillates the Miles Coda EV
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- INTERVIEW: Faurecia deputy GM China Jingcheng Li
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks
- Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app