Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
If you're heading to Paris for the motor show next month, or even if not, may I recommend the show preview we published this week as a management briefing? This second key show on the European calendar promises many new models and we'll be there in force (next week) to cover them and speak to key industry players.>
The name remains but in every other way, Renault’s Twingo is truly all-new. This is also the first model to use Edison, a rear-engined, rear-wheel drive joint venture platform developed with Daimler. The days of spinning the back tyres on small cars have suddenly returned.>
If you make executive or luxury cars, you're helped by theoretically naturally higher margins than brands in the volume segments can achieve.>
Known as the Prado in Asia-Pacific, Toyota Motor Europe's Land Cruiser is the second biggest SUV sold in this region. It's not cheap, but its 4x4 abilities are immense and the build quality and finish are Lexus-like.>
The 2014 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile opens to the press in early October. This month's Management Briefing offers a preview of the likely main new models, with a round up of the highlights to follow later next month.>
The big news this week was the long-expected announcement ZF would swallow TRW whole, re-establishing the respected chassis systems and safety equipment maker as a separate business division in a US$13.5bn deal.>
Current hot issue
The media preview days of the 2014 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile on 2 & 3 October are not far away now. Time to gather up news of what we expect to see
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- US: Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- US: Ford eyes a tripling of Lincoln sales by 2020
- SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Motor reaches 'tentative agreement' with union on wages
- INDIA: Toyota looks again at Lexus launch
- CHINA: Nissan begins testing commercial EV in HK
- CHINA: Benecke-Kaliko to start second interiors plant
- CHINA: Rochling starts Kunshan plastics production
- US: Toyota to recall Tacoma pickup trucks
- US: Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- BELGIUM: Honeywell hails EC move on Germany MAC enforcement
- BELGIUM: EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC directive
- GERMANY: Cities to offer free EV parking incentives
- BRAZIL: Volvo considers Brazilian car manufacture
- PARIS PREVIEW: Volkswagen to show Passat PHEV
- GERMANY: Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning for 8,000 Corsa and Adam models
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Renault moves UK Duster production to Romania
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report