Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
The latest 911 Turbo might not look revolutionary but for Porsche it is. Electric power steering, ‘virtual’ gears to smooth out changing for its seven-speed dual clutch manual, an active rear axle and e-diff, liquid cooling for the transfer case…the list of firsts goes on.>
The focus in Beijing's auto show this year is firmly on green technologies. That's perhaps not too surprising when you bear in mind the problems that China is experiencing with air quality in its major cities.>
Bizol is a lubricant and technical fluids brand wholly-owned by Boris Tatievski. Matthew Beecham spoke to him about oils for alternative powertrains and how business is shaping-up in BRIC markets.>
PSA's Carlos Tavares wasted little time getting his feet under the CEO's table before announcing he was getting the pruning knife out to hack away at the fiendishly complicated global Citroen and Peugeot product lines, all in pursuit of a 2% operating margin by 2018 with a longer-term target of 5%.>
The new head of PSA Peugeot Citroën says the group's model range will be slashed to just 26 vehicles, across three brands, by 2020. Which vehicles might Carlos Tavares be sharpening his axe for?>
The recent announcement by Bentley that its Crewe headquarters is to become the centre of excellence for the Volkswagen Group for all W12 engine production from the end of 2014 onwards served to further underline the strength of the UK's engine manufacturing sector. In this month's management briefing, Calum MacRae considers this burgeoning sector and its prospects. Part 1 looks at the state of the sector currently.>
Current hot issue
China's big auto show this year is in Beijing (it alternates annually with Shanghai). Western and domestic makers have turned out in force. Our coverage of the news that matters is gathered here.
What might well be the most comprehensive guide to AutoChina 2014 has been updated on just-auto.com, so do take a look.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- US: General Motors' $10bn profit aspiration fades with recalls
- US: GM starts shipping ignition switch recall parts
- BRAZIL: Ford opens northeast’s first engine plant
- US: Volkswagen leaves representation door open at Chattanooga
- US: Golf off Ford CEO Mulally's next-move list - report
- US: Toyota Mississippi exports first Corollas
- BEIJING SHOW: First four-cylinder Porsche since 1995
- POLAND: New Fiat to be made in Tychy - Deputy PM
- US: Subaru considers EV re-launch
- INDIA: Toyota Kirloskar workers back on the line
- US: Single complaints prompt NHTSA Chevrolet brake and Bosch Leaf charger probes
- CHINA: Toyota adds local hybrid capacity
- US: Improved profits fettle Ford's Fitch rating
- CHINA: Harman adds R&D
- US: Johnson Controls posts Q2 net income up 59% to US$261m
- PRODUCT EYE: Porsche 911 Turbo
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: Beijing wants a greener auto sector
- Golf off Ford CEO Mulally's next-move list
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: Global debuts list
- Ford Mulally successor announcement expected
- BEIJING: First four-cylinder Porsche since 1995
- GM restructures global engineering