Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
In the full year 2014, Argentina, Brazil, India, Russia, Thailand & Turkey are set to become an even greater drag on global light vehicle markets than in FY13, declining by at 9.1% or 1.1m to 11.13m units. In the previous five years and during the global financial crisis they were key drivers. Sabine Blümel considers the implications for the industry. This third instalment considers Asia (India and Thailand) and Extended Europe (Russia and Turkey).>
There was no escaping it - the proverbial elephant in the room formed the backdrop to this week's Moscow Motor Show just as it had in St Petersburg earlier this year at the International Economic Forum.>
Five years ago, the idea of Citroën selling more than a few thousand high priced cars each year would have been rightly ridiculed. How things have changed. And will keep changing, due to the many more DS models now under development.>
In the full year 2014, Argentina, Brazil, India, Russia, Thailand & Turkey are set to become an even greater drag on global light vehicle markets than in FY13, declining by at 9.1% or 1.1m to 11.13m units. In the previous five years and during the global financial crisis they were key drivers. Sabine Blümel considers the implications for the industry. This second instalment looks at South America.>
China's ongoing investigation into anti-competitive practices in the country's automotive industry has picked up momentum in recent weeks, with some of the biggest companies in global automotive industry accused of abusing their market position.>
Porsche continues to expand the 911 range, with the Targa body style having just gone on sale in Britain. Could this be the best looking variant yet?>
Current hot issue
One of the world’s biggest car shows, the Moscow International Automobile Salon (MIAS) opened to media - including just-auto - on 27 August in the city’s Crocus Expo exhibition centre. This year's show occupies over 120,000 sq m and over 50 automakers are attending. The show features a record number of new vehicles, including nine world premieres, nine European and 43 Russian premieres, and 16 concept cars.
The original 1960s fastback Mustang is one of my all-time favourite car designs.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- SWEDEN [13:15BST update]: Court approves NEVS reorganisation application
- SOUTH KOREA: Kia Sorento goes large for third generation
- ITALY: Fiat clears another Chrysler merger hurdle
- MALAYSIA: Inokom expands capacity, targets higher exports
- RUSSIA: Little appetite for union at Renault Avtoframos
- RUSSIA: Renault looks to 80% localisation as rouble pressure grows
- CHINA: Tesla to partner with Unicom on charging outlets
- MALAYSIA: Perodua expects strong demand for new Axia
- CHENGDU SHOW: Hyundai launches China-only Soul/Juke rival
- CHENGDU DEBUTS: MG 6, Changan Yuexiang V7 & VW Lamando
- UK Lexus standardises radar safety systems on new NX crossover
- MEXICO: Kia to build new plant for American markets
- US: Report: Cadillac SRX switch to US to be offset by Chevys moved to Mexico
- SWEDEN: NEVS, reviver of Saab, enters administration
- RUSSIA: Incentives "sooner rather than later" to kick-start market: AEB
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018