Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
The boss moves on as the supercar maker rides high, untouched by the troubles of its owner, writes Ray Hutton.>
While it may be true that worldwide sales of convertibles have peaked, that doesn’t mean there isn’t still good business to be had from this segment. Especially if you are BMW. >
Connectivity is currently a key area of development for OEMs and will remain so over the coming years. Craig Thomas recently caught up with Phil Eyler, president of Harman’s Connected Car Division, to talk about the company’s future strategy.>
The two top-read stories on just-auto this week were both on subjects I get no joy from publishing - axing of a brand and (so far, voluntary) axing of people in a region proving troublesome to automakers.>
Does it matter that a version of the Clio now holds the record as the fastest small hatchback at the 20.8km long Nordschleife? To Renault it certainly does, especially with the plans that the company has for multiple high-priced sports models.>
Visteon specialises in providing cockpit electronics to automotive manufacturers worldwide. CEO Sachin Lawande outlines the company’s strategic priorities as he sees them and offers views on the industry’s broader development. Dave Leggett recently caught up with him in Detroit.>
Current hot issue
The Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas is fast becoming as important an attraction for motor industry watchers as key motor shows as autos and consumer electronics converge. Our coverage from this year's juicy techfest is grouped here
I got to visit the Louvre museum in Paris last week with PSA Peugeot-Citroen. It was a pretty lavish affair for a facelift to the DS 3 model, but the scale of the event and the lavishness points to how important the premium DS brand is to PSA.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- Kwid and Brazilian Captur are Renault’s best bets
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- GM open to hybrid tech partnerships
- Geneva premieres list - Ferrari GTC4Lusso world debut
- ArcelorMittal sells 35% Gestamp stake for US$932m
- Ford to build Prius rival and plant in Mexico - report
- Car sales in Western Europe up 5.9% in January
- PSA quiet on any IKCO sanctions 'compensation'
- US Class 8 truck orders crash in January
- Indian sales bolster Suzuki in third quarter
- Maruti ships first exports to Suzuki in Japan
- VW could be open to listing trucks business – reports
- Russia light vehicle market down 29% in January
- Toyota halts Japanese output on steel shortage
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors VP Q&A
- Clio R.S. 220 Trophy & future Renaults
- January 2016, management briefing (Part 2)
- THE WEEK - New car, mergers, results, Iran
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Volvo nixes range extenders
- Daimler posts record sales – investors unimpressed
- Geneva premieres list - Ferrari GTC4Lusso
- UK car registrations climb to 11-year January high