Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
We'll permit ourselves a small 'told you so' this week after Jaguar Land Rover finally confirmed it would build the Range Rover Evoque in Brazil from early 2016, as well as the previously confirmed Land Rover Discovery Sport - which Our Man in Brazil first reported last May. JLR had said earlier it would only do 'new' models at the plant, but our sources said otherwise, and it makes sense to do the country's top selling JLR model locally as it (a) gets the price down, increases supply and frees up capacity at the Halewood, England, mother ship. And the high local content encouraged in Brazil allows local variation to suit market needs. JLR also now makes the Evoque at a joint venture in China (again, this gets the price down in a tax-protected market) and also assembles some models in India (ditto). All of which frees up UK capacity.>
It has no rich parent; no manufacturing plant in Europe; sells no hybrids, EVs or PHEVs. Plus, a new roadster has just been added to the model range of this non-premium brand. A recipe for disaster, then. Not at all: Mazda is outselling Toyota, Peugeot and Fiat in Germany. And, it's closing on Nissan.>
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with tier one suppliers at the 2015 IAA, Matthew Beecham met with Peter Heimbrock, Director Engineering Tedrive Steering Systems GmbH to learn about its steering innovations and ambitions to grow business in China.>
Continuing just-auto’s series of interviews with tier one suppliers at the 2015 IAA, Matthew Beecham met with Dr Christian Amsel, Member of the Executive Board, Business Division Electronics, Hella to enquire about tomorrow’s advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) cameras and sensors.>
Suddenly, the full-sized luxury sedan segment is roaring back to life. Forget the economic stalling in some parts of the world and instead see what's happening in the US, in Europe, in India, in Japan - luxury limousines are big business again, and Audi is ready to take on the S-Class and the new BMW 7er with a revised A8 and S8 range, including the new S8 plus.>
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with tier one suppliers at the 2015 IAA show, Matthew Beecham talked to Tim Jackson, Executive Vice President Technology, Strategy and Business Development, Tenneco Inc and Ben Patel, Vice President, Clean Air, Global Research and Development and Systems Integration, Tenneco Inc.>
Current hot issue
Volkswagen Group is at the centre of a scandal originating in the US that has revealed the rigging of emissions tests for VW diesel models. The crisis has direct implications for Volkswagen in the US and could spread to other parts of the world.
It's been quite a week for Volkswagen. The unfolding diesel emissions scandal is one of those stories that, as journalists love to say, has legs.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- BRAZIL: Four-door Renault Oroch pickup plugs a gap in the market
- JAPAN: Toyota starts testing automated driving
- 2016 DETROIT SHOW DEBUTS: Lincoln Continental
- SOUTH KOREA: Posco and Renault Samsung increase collaboration
- TOKYO SHOW DEBUTS: Lexus concept
- FRANCE: Toyota builds 200,000th hybrid
- SAUDI ARABIA: Mitsubishi Fuso appoints additional distributor
- SAUDI ARABIA: Government freezes vehicle purchases
- VIETNAM: Sales rise 49% in September, 61% YTD
- PHILIPPINES: Sales surge 29% in September, 20% YTD
- GERMANY: Porsche boosts Europe sales 51% in September
- UK: Driver Assistance Systems seeing ‘unprecedented growth’
- US: VW withdraws emissions certification application for 2016 diesels
- US: FCA and UAW agree new tentative deal
- UK: BMW completes engine plant revamp
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- VW withdraws most 2016 US diesels
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030