Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Continuing just-auto’s series of interviews with tier one suppliers at the 2015 IAA, Matthew Beecham met with Dr Christian Amsel, Member of the Executive Board, Business Division Electronics, Hella to enquire about tomorrow’s advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) cameras and sensors.>
Suddenly, the full-sized luxury sedan segment is roaring back to life. Forget the economic stalling in some parts of the world and instead see what's happening in the US, in Europe, in India, in Japan - luxury limousines are big business again, and Audi is ready to take on the S-Class and the new BMW 7er with a revised A8 and S8 range, including the new S8 plus.>
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with tier one suppliers at the 2015 IAA show, Matthew Beecham talked to Tim Jackson, Executive Vice President Technology, Strategy and Business Development, Tenneco Inc and Ben Patel, Vice President, Clean Air, Global Research and Development and Systems Integration, Tenneco Inc.>
Executives' pride in Vauxhall's Ellesmere Port plant having secured the contract to be the lead factory for the new generation Astra was palpable at the UK media launch. It was clear that union flexibility was the key to the British plant getting the nod over the Germans - securing 2,000 automaker and supplier jobs until at least 2020 - and led to Bochum, instead of Ellesmere Port, facing the axe. No more British built Astras would also have meant no more British Vauxhall cars (the former Luton car plant is now a development site) and no more Ellesmere Port.>
Thailand’s military government is desperate to draw a line under the first-time car buyer programme, a populist scheme which ran between October 2011 and December 2012 and which still has a significant indirect influence on the local vehicle market, writes Tony Pugliese>
Continuing just-auto’s series of interviews with tier one component suppliers at the 2015 IAA, Matthew Beecham caught-up with Lisa J Bahash, Group Vice President and General Manager, Original Equipment, MaryAnn Wright, Vice President Engineering & Product Development, and Craig W Rigby, Advanced Market & Tech Strategist, Original Equipment, all Johnson Controls Power Solutions.>
Current hot issue
Volkswagen Group is at the centre of a scandal originating in the US that has revealed the rigging of emissions tests for VW diesel models. The crisis has direct implications for Volkswagen in the US and could spread to other parts of the world.
It's been quite a week for Volkswagen. The unfolding diesel emissions scandal is one of those stories that, as journalists love to say, has legs.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- UK: Driver Assistance Systems seeing ‘unprecedented growth’
- US: VW withdraws emissions certification application for 2016 diesels
- US: FCA and UAW agree new tentative deal
- UK: BMW completes engine plant revamp
- RUSSIA: Car market collapse continues
- TOKYO SHOW DEBUTS: Mitsubishi & Toyota concepts
- GERMANY: VW appoints Pötsch as chair of Supervisory Board
- UK: Goodyear to shut Wolverhampton plant
- JAPAN: Pioneer receives orders for 45m car speakers
- GERMANY: Mercedes-Benz sales set record in September
- ITALY: Fiat Chrysler to temporarily stop Maserati production at Grugliasco
- US: Kia expands Soul EV availability to four more states
- UK: Western Europe's car market recovery continues
- INDIA: VW issues stop-sale order for Polo
- GERMANY: VW to start emissions recall in January
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030