Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
It's only natural to want to leave something behind, something tangible which indicates you've made a difference and which will endure for decades, perhaps even lifetimes.>
Our updates of the auto situation in Tianjin, following the massive explosions in the Chinese port city, have attracted a lot of reader interest this week. I was last week in the middle of a British 'staycation' (it rained, thank you for asking) when news of the disaster broke and watched, appalled, at the war zone-like TV news views of thousands of incinerated cars (many new VW Beetles as it happened; Tainjin being a key auto port of entry for imported models, VW was said to have lost some 2,750 cars) as TV news anchors regularly reported on the increasing, but surprisingly low number of people killed. Tragic.>
The GT200 Sport Tourer version of Renault's B32 series Mégane is that rare thing - a small estate that brings a smile to the driver's face. The BFD five-door and KFB wagon replacement models will have a new platform, but will they be as much fun to drive?>
It might be more than a decade old but the Discovery is still one of the best four by fours that money can buy - constant development, including the latest Euro 6 compliant diesel engine, has ensured that.>
The main forces driving automotive emission technology are, of course, the ever increasing stringent emissions regulations worldwide. These in turn are triggering a raft of innovation in developing fuel efficient engines such as diesel or lean burn gasoline engines with high demands in particulate emissions reduction and NOx reduction technology. Alternatives fuels are another viable way to reduce CO2. For this second part of our management briefing, we talked with executives of Aeristech, Zircotec and Federal-Mogul about trends in after-treatment, exhaust coatings and 'upstream' factors influencing emissions as part of a move towards higher energy ignition systems.>
The 2015 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show got underway yesterday at the shiny new Indonesian Convention and Exhibition centre in BSD, a new commercial centre some 30km west of central Jakarta. Tony Pugliese was there.>
Current hot issue
Airbag supplier Takata is under fire as potentially faulty inflators - which can fragment into shrapnel as the 'bag inflates and have been blamed for several deaths - prompt NHTSA to intensify the urgency of recalling 7.8m cars in the US and its territories alone. Our coverage is here.
The dramatic growth in cab-hailing apps in general and Uber in particular has got ‘official’ taxi drivers hot under the collar. According to figures out this week from the UK’s Department of Transport (DfT), the number of private hire vehicles on London's roads has surged by 26% over the past two years.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- just-auto takes a late summer break
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: smart fortwo cabrio & VW Golf Cabrio added
- JAPAN: Honda sets China production record in July
- INDIA: Bosch opens diesel factory at Bidadi, Karnataka
- FRANKFURT DEBUT: Toyota updates Yaris again
- SOUTH AFRICA/UAE: Ford appoints Rob Crouse as director, sales for Middle East and Africa
- GERMANY: BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- GERMANY: Continental supplies Toyota sensor module
- GERMANY: Tenneco to showcase IAA emissions technology
- US: UAW voices Trans-Pacific Partnership concern
- MEXICO: SRG Global opens plastic coatings expansion
- US: GKN expands NC driveline facility
- BRAZIL: Sales recovery will take time
- SOUTH KOREA: Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- CHINA: Toyota resumes Tianjin production after port inferno
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- APMA urges Ottawa "not to relent" on TPP
- Toyota restarts Tianjin site after port inferno
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030