Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
The big news of the week[end] was the failure of Volkswagen supervisory board chairman Ferdinand Piëch to unseat CEO Martin Winterkorn, as we reported here and here.>
The key change for Skoda Superb generation three is that the Twin Gate choice of 'boot' or 'hatchback' opening is no more. As an insider revealed during a wide ranging discussion on the sidelines of the international media launch in Italy, owners rarely used the 'boot' option so hatchback only it now is.>
It's unclear whether or not Cherie Blair attended yesterday's (30 April) Renault AGM in Paris at which the French State formalised its extraordinary shareholding move , but maybe the wife of the former British Prime Minister would have raised a quizzical eyebrow following her somewhat bizarre elevation to the executive floor of the automaker.>
Peugeot is trying to move its image and pricing to the space occupied by Volkswagen. Britain being the French brand’s third largest market, taking on the Golf here is key to its plan. The new 308 GT is an additional attempt to better compete with the UK’s best selling diesel car.>
Continuing just-auto's series of interview with tier one component manufacturers, Matthew Beecham spoke to Olaf Bongwald, VP, Magna Electronics about rear view cameras, video cameras, mirrorless cars and the head-up display market.>
Ferdinand Piech's forced exit from his role as chairman of Volkswagen Group's Supervisory Board appears to have resulted from yet another bout of political infighting instigated by himself.>
Current hot issue
Mexico is attracting a wave of investment from OEMs attracted to its position as a low-cost NAFTA supplier to the US as well as its favourable trading arrangements with Latin American markets to the south. Ford and Toyota are the latest OEMs to announce significant new Mexico investments.
Renault's 2014 Annual Report is now out, released at yesterday's AGM at which the French government and Carlos Ghosn were competing for voting rights.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- just-auto takes a break
- ITALY: Skoda considers plug-in hybrid Superb
- ITALY: Skoda UK eyes 83,000 sales and 'mainstream' brand status
- FRANCE: Furious Renault weighs options at AGM setback
- US: Delphi poised for 'major acquisition' this year
- GERMANY: Volkswagen does not plan any M&A
- UK: Aston Martin secures funding for DBX crossover
- ITALY: New buyer but still uncertain future for De Tomaso
- JAPAN: Tokai Rika to establish Mexican company
- INDIA: Isuzu’s suppliers to invest in Andhra Pradesh
- CANADA: GM to hire 100 engineers at Oshawa centre
- US: GM announces US$5.4bn in US plant investments
- RUSSIA: Auto unions mull Global Framework Agreements
- TURKEY: Ford Otosan opens big new R&D centre
- GERMANY: Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Peugeot 308 GT BlueHDi
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 'Bye Twin Gate, hello hatchback
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: VW's 'master tactician' falls
- Q&A with Olaf Bongwald, VP, Magna Electronics
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- FCA opens vast manufacturing complex in Brazil
- All UK market BMWs to come with sat-nav
- Hyundai's Genesis re-worked for UK market
- Ford Otosan opens big new R&D centre
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029