Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
The fourth quarter sales data is in and 2014 saw vehicle sales fall by almost 10% in the ASEAN region. Tony Pugliese analyses the results in major markets across the region and considers prospects for 2015.>
At 2,350kg, it's easily the weightiest variant of the newly facelifted range. Somehow, though, the PHEV Cayenne is Porsche's most officially fuel efficient SUV yet.>
Business trends can change quickly in developing markets, such as India, reflecting the pace of change in society. Matthew Beecham spoke to Mike Savage, chief engineer at Drive System Design about how the transmissions market in India is undergoing a period of radical change.>
Although there can be no doubt that tomorrow's drivers will be better informed, there remains some concern about information over-load. Matthew Beecham reports on some innovations to help keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.>
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with global tyre manufacturers, Matthew Beecham spoke to Peter Becker, Executive Managing Director, Kumho Tire Co Inc about trends in tyre development, modelling, labelling and run-flats.>
Just back from what was my first ever Honda launch event to bring you news of the 2015 CR-V update for Europe, majoring, of course on a new diesel engine and ZF's new(ish) nine-speed automatic.>
Current hot issue
Airbag supplier Takata is under fire as potentially faulty inflators - which can fragment into shrapnel as the 'bag inflates and have been blamed for several deaths - prompt NHTSA to intensify the urgency of recalling 7.8m cars in the US and its territories alone. Our coverage is here.
Opel has put out a short video of the still-secret Corsa OPC being driven in turn by Joachim Winkelhock and CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- EXCLUSIVE: Geneva debut for Infiniti QX30 concept
- US: Ford 2014 operating profit plunges $2.3bn
- UK: Hyundai hits record sales
- BRAZIL: Gloomy (non) growth forecasts abound
- UK: "Bumps and dents" for some driveable Hoegh Osaka cars
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Opel Corsa OPC & VW Golf GTD Variant
- US: Gentex net income up 29%
- US: Edmunds sees a January sales rise
- JAPAN: Toyota trials new hybrid semiconductor material
- GERMANY: OEMs line up to back free trade agreement with US
- ITALY: FCA sees black ink ahead
- CHINA: Shanghai Volkswagen launches investigation into Sumitomo tyres - reports
- CHINA: Infiniti to increase local production
- US: Timken profits rise
- US: Ford recalls 220,000 vehicles
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
- ASEAN vehicle market down almost 10% in 2014
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- Ford 2014 operating profit plunges $2.3bn
- "Bumps and dents" for some driveable Hoegh cars
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Opel Corsa OPC & VW Golf GTD estate