Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Audi, or Peugeot? No contest. But what if the question is instead TT or RCZ R? Trickier. It would be ironic if PSA's cost cutting means this beautiful coupe won't have a replacement as the RCZ is already a successful, high-priced Peugeot.>
The weekend's news Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover is 'talking to southern states' about establishing a factory in the United States is an intriguing development and one that would make good sense both for the British automaker and its Indian parent.>
This week, we wrapped up our Paris show coverage with a comprehensive two-part management briefing which proved very popular - it's here and here.>
Kia has just enjoyed its best September yet in Britain, with 13,292 cars delivered. And the top model? The Sportage, which is selling better than ever in recently updated form.>
The current Continental GT has been on the market since early 2011 but Bentley continues to expand and update the range. A great excuse for just-auto to try the latest V8 S coupe.>
Calum MacRae talked to JATCO's Yuko Fujita. JATCO holds 49% of the world CVT market. JATCO, 75% held by Nissan Motor Company, was exhibiting at the Paris Motor Show for the first time.>
Current hot issue
Airbag supplier Takata is under fire as potentially faulty inflators - which can fragment into shrapnel as the 'bag inflates and have been blamed for several deaths - prompt NHTSA to intensify the urgency of recalling 7.8m cars in the US and its territories alone. Our coverage is here.
Sometimes the answer to "Why?" can be answered "Just because..." As in this video made by Lexus Poland as part of its launch of the NX mid-size SUV line.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- UK: Vauxhall undercuts Fiesta with new Corsa pricing
- LA DEBUTS: Scion iM concept
- US [updated 14:30BST]: Takata airbag recall extended to 7.8m vehicles
- FRANCE: PSA on course to hit targets ahead of schedule
- SWEDEN: Volvo looks to double output by 2020
- GERMANY: Daimler restructures Tesla cooperation
- SWEDEN: FKG looks to January for Iran supplier visit
- UK: First nine months "mark six year car production high" - SMMT
- SWEDEN: FKG rues lack of Industry Minister: MD
- JAPAN: Takata shares recover after airbag recall charge update
- GERMANY: Next Audi A8 will be 'autonomous'-capable
- JAPAN: Mitsubishi revises fiscal H1 forecasts
- SAO PAULO DEBUTS: Nissan SUV concept - new image
- THAILAND: Sales fall further in September
- CHINA: Jaguar Land Rover opens joint venture factory with Chery
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)