Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Dunno 'bout you but 2015 seems to be flying by waaaay too fast - where did yet another week go?>
It's the car that created what must surely be the most profitable vehicle segment since the original Range Rover. Now, as the Evoque reaches mid-cycle, how can Land Rover make sure it continues to be JLR's profits powerhouse?>
What's in a brand? The Chinese think that being British makes MG special. Here in Britain, the reality is that it must compete in the bargain basement.>
There was quite a bit of good news on just-auto.com this week, mostly concerning March and first quarter sales plus various announcements of new plants or production starts.>
The wave of advanced vehicle connectivity technologies coming to vehicles embrace a number of interlinked elements, from seamless personal connectivity, to driver assistance systems (and autonomous vehicle control), intelligent transport systems, on-board telematics and the changing human machine interface itself inside the vehicle. In this month's management briefing we talk to OEMs and examine key aspects of the connectivity revolution coming down the line. In this first instalment, Cat Dow speaks with Volvo Car's Petter Hörling about its priorities in the connected car area.>
TMD Friction is a major manufacturer of brake products for the automotive industry, producing one million brake friction products per day. Matthew Beecham talked with TMD Friction’s Director Strategic Planning & Marketing OE, Dirk Brieke about trends in the brake friction market, its copper-free high performance brake pads and CV-Light Plate for commercial vehicles.>
Current hot issue
Mexico is attracting a wave of investment from OEMs attracted to its position as a low-cost NAFTA supplier to the US as well as its favourable trading arrangements with Latin American markets to the south. Ford and Toyota are the latest OEMs to announce significant new Mexico investments.
Somewhere out there are people who think what would really improve their Range Rover would be chopping the back out of it and inserting a pick-up load tray.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- FRANCE: Renault demands French state revert to 15% share
- SWEDEN: NEVS administration exit opens deal door: FKG chief
- US: Bolt is here to stay - Chevy
- GERMANY: VW shows off sixth generation Transporter
- BRAZIL: Nissan Resende plant marks a year and 30,000 cars
- US: Honda East Liberty plant builds 5m vehicles
- SHANGHAI DEBUTS LISTS: Ford Explorer, Focus & Taurus added
- INDONESIA: Sales fall 12% in March
- EXCLUSIVE UK: New platform key to Honda Civic exports
- CANADA: Magna sells most of interior business to Grupo Antolin
- JAPAN: Toyota confirms new Mexico plant, Guangzhou expansion
- BELGIUM: EU car sales up 10.6% in March
- US: Toyota to revamp Canadian plants after Mexican production start
- IRAN: FKG hails "great opportunity" as it leads delegation
- MOROCCO: EquipAuto mulling Tangiers show for 2017
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029