Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
Now in its fifth year, McLaren's road car company is a success in its own right. Just as well, given the performance of the Formula 1 team...>
For many years, power steering technology was focused on hydraulic systems but demand is now favouring electric power steering mainly due to fuel consumption and logistical benefits. In this briefing extracted from just-auto/QUBE's research service, Matthew Beecham provides an overview of some key companies and developments in the steering sector.>
One of the major reasons for Kia's phenomenal rise in recent years is its ability to produce specific models in and for the markets where they are sold. It's a 'think globally, act locally' approach.>
GM Europe's Mokka is one of the most successful B-SUVs in the region, but does that mean that few people are interested in a pricey Corsa? Not at all, with orders for Opel's new OPC and Vauxhall's just-launched VXR soon to cross the 1,500 cars mark.>
Just as in Europe, India or the USA, looking at China as one market doesn't give you the full picture. Differences across geographical areas are one reason why some models are suddenly hugely popular, while others are fading rapidly.>
Toyota's GB's 50th birthday announcement it would launch the Mirai this September attracted a lot of interest on just-auto this week, as well it might.>
Current hot issue
For automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, interest in M&A has accelerated recently. FCA chief Sergio Marchionne has said that more consolidation is needed among global automakers to raise scale and efficiency. In the supplier sector, too, future industrial consolidation is a hot topic. Besides the recent completion of ZF's takeover of TRW, Delphi has said it is ready to move quickly to make a major acquisition.
Well, the news today that the Top Gear presenter trio plus producer Andy Wilman will produce a new show broadcast on the Amazon Prime video streaming service comes as no great surprise.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- UK: Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- IRAN: Suppliers eye western joint ventures as thaw starts
- UK: Profitable quarter sees FCA hike forecasts
- GERMANY: Audi brand sets first half sales record
- JAPAN: Mitsubishi Motors sales and profits fall in first quarter
- JAPAN: Currency and depreciation reduce Mazda profits
- FRANCE: Renault H1 operating profit up
- FRANCE: Renault-Nissan Alliance RCI Banque boosts profits
- INDONESIA: DFSK building MPV plant
- BRAZIL: General Motors adds $1.9bn to Brazil spend
- IRAN: Suppliers mull working with UK and US as sanctions ease
- INDIA: General Motors' $1bn plan includes Halol closure
- FRANCE: Renault looks to group suppliers near plants
- JAPAN: Nissan boosts Q1 operating income
- FRANCE: PSA back in the black
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030