Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
This week it was, for once, my turn to stay back and mind the shop while colleagues scurried hither and yon to bring you news and interviews from a number of events here in Olde Engerland and Europe, all the while enduring 35C 'heatwaves', rail delays due to the 'wrong kind of heat', missed plane connections and the usual summer chaos.>
Volvo Cars' technical director for the 90 Cluster models opens up about the development of the XC90. Plus, what's coming for two VCC architectures: SPA for medium and large vehicles, and the smaller Geely-Volvo CMA.>
It's been variously labelled as President Vladimir Putin's 'vanity summit' and those attending it as 'Kremlin lackeys,' but for the thousands throngingh this year's St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) on the shores of the Gulf of Finland, it was a chance to offer some defiance to a disappoving Western world.>
Continuing just-auto's series of research snapshots - pulled from its automotive research platform, QUBE - Matthew Beecham reviews some lightweight solutions fitted to front-end modules by Faurecia, BASF, Plastic Omnium and SABIC Innovative Plastics.>
The core brand of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles - with a 116-year history of innovation and sales success - is reducing in importance as other parts of FCA go for global growth...>
Updated for 2015, the latest Euro 6-compliant Mazda6 has also had a mid-life facelift. A policy of short life cycles for major models is one of the factors driving ever rising sales, allied to the addition of crossovers into yet more segments.>
Current hot issue
For automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, interest in M&A has accelerated recently. FCA chief Sergio Marchionne has said that more consolidation is needed among global automakers to raise scale and efficiency. In the supplier sector, too, future industrial consolidation is a hot topic. Besides the recent completion of ZF's takeover of TRW, Delphi has said it is ready to move quickly to make a major acquisition.
It's a recurring theme. We seem to be on the cusp of big changes that will profoundly impact car manufacturers, technology providers, component suppliers and all of us who move around - especially city dwellers.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- INDIA [updated 16:10BST]: FCA to start Jeep production
- GERMANY: ZF TRW to 'continue direction' of affordable safety
- GERMANY: TRW acquisition by ZF more than 1+1=2: Peter Lake
- AUSTRIA: Jaguar Land Rover signs manufacturing agreement with Magna Steyr
- GERMANY: New ZF TRW supplier stresses core values
- CHINA: Johnson Controls forms auto interiors JV
- GERMANY: BMW testing hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- CHINA: Dealers thank BMW for support
- UK: OnStar wins magazine technology award
- US: Nissan axes Pathfinder Hybrid - reports
- GERMANY: Ford’s ‘significantly enhanced’ EcoSport on sale in Europe
- US: SUVs continue driving sales growth in June
- THAILAND: GM to export engines to North America
- RUSSIA: Self-driving needs global push: Knorr-Bremse chairman
- GERMANY: Getrag in stake sale talks, possibly with Magna - report
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- "Levelling off" continues in China's car market
- GM pleased judge tosses out 'ignition switch' suit
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029