Latest automotive news & insights
Comprehensive coverage of the automotive industry's latest, breaking news and insights brought to you by just-auto's leading network of international journalists.
PSA's Carlos Tavares wasted little time getting his feet under the CEO's table before announcing he was getting the pruning knife out to hack away at the fiendishly complicated global Citroen and Peugeot product lines, all in pursuit of a 2% operating margin by 2018 with a longer-term target of 5%.>
The new head of PSA Peugeot Citroën says the group's model range will be slashed to just 26 vehicles, across three brands, by 2020. Which vehicles might Carlos Tavares be sharpening his axe for?>
The recent announcement by Bentley that its Crewe headquarters is to become the centre of excellence for the Volkswagen Group for all W12 engine production from the end of 2014 onwards served to further underline the strength of the UK's engine manufacturing sector. In this month's management briefing, Calum MacRae considers this burgeoning sector and its prospects. Part 1 looks at the state of the sector currently.>
New product is a big driver of performance in the automotive business, as we are all very well aware.>
Tenneco’s advances in exhaust heat recovery technologies include thermoelectric generators (TEGs) and Rankine systems for powering electrical accessories, recharging batteries and supporting vehicle propulsion without reducing engine performance. Tenneco reckons that the same trends that are causing the vehicle powertrain to become electrified are indeed causing its after-treatment systems to become electrified. Matthew Beecham spoke to Marcel Womann, Supervisor, Advanced Cold End Products, Advanced Engineering, Tenneco Clean Air Division about TEGs.>
There's a tale told that Leonard Lord, head of British Motor Corporation (the merged Austin and Morris post-war), eyed Isetta bubble cars and their ilk - result of the 1956 Suez Oil Crisis and general postwar austerity) and ordered Alec Issigonis to design something to get 'em (stronger words were used) off the roads.>
Current hot issue
Last week saw the 17th Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow, where the localisation issue occupied centre stage. Russian Forex stresses compounded by Moscow and the West's stand-off are making domestic component content a crucial factor. We group all the stories and comment from the Conference here.
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out.
just-auto doesn't just cover the top five motor shows. This page collects together our coverage of other global auto shows, including the car launches, motor show debuts and concept cars that matter.
just-auto’s round-up of auto shows from around the world, featuring car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and controversy.
The latest auto show debuts, car launches, manufacturer news and cutting-edge concept cars – brought straight to you from the Tokyo Motor Show by just-auto.
Direct from the Detroit Auto Show – just-auto covers the most important car launches, motor show debuts, concept cars and manufacturer news from the show.
A round-up of just-auto’s coverage of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Our team highlight the show’s most lauded car launches and auto show debuts, futuristic concept cars and manufacturer announcements.
just-auto reports from the Geneva Motor Show, including concept cars and auto show debuts, manufacturer news and the most anticipated car launches.
All the car launches and debuts, manufacturer announcements, concept cars and auto show controversy - direct from the Paris Motor Show
Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
just-auto business editor Simon Warburton offers up a wide range of views in his distinctive style, informed by daily contact with the global auto industry
Jakarta-based Tony Pugliese's regular updates, news and analysis from the ASEAN countries of south-east Asia
Matthew Beecham interviews automotive component industry specialists to learn more about changing technologies and new innovations.
Deputy/news editor Graeme Roberts' Friday wrap on the important automotive news from the week just ending.
Information summaries and extracts from just-auto's continually updated research portfolio.
Mark Bursa's in-depth look at key trends and companies across the automotive world.
Financial analyst and former city slicker Rob Golding's regular sideways look at the automotive business.
just-auto editor Dave Leggett's overview of the auto industry, its companies, products and people.
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: BMW, Citroën, Honda, Kia, Lincoln, Mini, Nissan, Škoda & Toyota world premieres
- 2014 NEW YORK SHOW: World premieres
- BRAZIL: Nissan will enlarge its model line to grow in Brazil
- CHINA: Ford to launch Lincoln
- SWEDEN: Nevs headcount climbs to 700+ as 9-3 deliveries start
- UK Third successive quarter of growth in Europe
- INDIA: Tata restructuring production at all plants
- US: Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- MEXICO: Faurecia supplying parts for 2015 VW Golf
- INDIA: Mahindra and Mahindra plans seventh auto plant
- UK: MG reveals concept EV
- BRAZIL: Nissan opens new Resende factory and supplier park
- US: GM's Barra announces new 'Global Product Integrity' unit
- INDIA: Maruti-Suzuki union receives powerful backing from NTUI
- SWEDEN: Nevs starts first 9-3 deliveries to dealers
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: world debuts list updated
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Tata restructuring production at all plants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028