Blog: Opel Junior's model name revealed
Glenn Brooks | 26 April 2012
Germany's Autobild says it has learned the name of Opel's forthcoming Mini rival: Adam.
Using the founder's first name to mark the company's 150th anniversary makes sense for Opel, but surely there will be a different model name for the Vauxhall variant? Dave Leggett, who's just read this blog, suggests 'Eve'.
Opel and Vauxhall were set to announce the car's name(s?) on 8th May - so far there has been no official confirmation or denial of Autobild's claim.
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell), ...
Mitsubishi is in the news today and it reminded me of a bit of history. Some of you may recall the auto industry and Japanese public were stunned when it emerged in the summer of 2000 that Mitsubishi ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Mitsubishi orders plunge in crisis
- Autonomous cars to shake up car insurance