Blog: Codenames and platforms of future models for the Chinese market
Glenn Brooks | 24 April 2012
The second press day of the Beijing motor show is under way and our round-up of new vehicle premieres now stretches to over 100. But what are their codenames, which ones will be built, and when, not to mention on what platforms, and in which plants?
I devote a large part of most working days to tracking down, checking and cross-checking information for future vehicle programmes. Then I update PLDB, just-auto's global database of current and future vehicles. There's currently over 1,500 models listed there, so if you're interested in what's ahead (out to 2025) for China-built cars and light trucks, you can take a free demo tour.
As well as spending lots of time updating all the future models coming for the Chinese market, I've also been adding loads of information about 2013 model year vehicles for the US market in recent weeks - the fact that you can search the database by such criteria makes it easy to find you're looking for.
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out....
Interesting comment about my earlier blog on US octane ratings from our Brazilian correspondent Fernando Calmon....
Ever been bemused at the low octane ratings of US petrol? Pull up to a pump and you get options like 87, 89, 93....
This three and a bit minutes video takes you inside the soon to be expanded plant where BMW makes the new X4....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- Q&A with Tenneco: Energy recovery technologies
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: Volvo S60L PPHEV concept
- NYIAS DEBUTS: next Mazda MX-5 Miata preview
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028