EXCLUSIVE: COLOMBIA: June sales fall 2%

By just-auto.com editorial team | 12 July 2001

Sales of 5,481 vehicles in Colombia during June were two percent down on the 5,592 sold in May while year-on-year volume for the first half of the year of 30,177 was down 0.4 per cent on 2000, writes Juan Carlos Vargas.

Locally assembled cars led the market with General Motors, Sofasa (Renault and Toyota) and CCA (Mazda, Ford and Mitsubishi) taking a 60 percent share. Twenty imported brands fought over the remaining 40 percent.

GM's Chevrolet led in June with 34.6 percent followed by Renault (19.6 percent), Daewoo (9.1 percent), Mazda (8.4 percent), and Hyundai (6.5 percent).

For the year to the end of June, GM also led the market with 10,248 vehicles sold for a 33.8 percent share. Renault was second (4,757 cars and 15.5 percent), Mazda was third (3,445 and 11.4 percent), Daewoo was fourth (3,178 and 10.6 percent), and Hyundai was fifth (2,138 and 7.1 percent).

To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-

The automotive industry in Latin America: Mexico, Brazil and Argentina Forecasts to 2005

The world's car manufacturers: A financial and operating review