Superficially, instruments appear much the same today as they did 30 years ago, but they have changed extensively in that time and they are likely to change even more. Matthew Beecham talked with Dimitri Baudon, product manager, Yazaki North America, Inc about he sees the vehicle instrumentation sector shaping-up.
As part of our bi-annual review of vehicle cockpits and instrumentation, Matthew Beecham talked to Doug Burcicki, senior manager, marketing and product management, Yazaki North America (YNA), and Dutch Adachi, senior manager, display technology group, electronic and instrumentation business unit, Yazaki North America, about how the company is pushing back the technical boundaries in the vehicle instrumentation arena.
China's regulatory authorities have found a group of Japanese automotive parts makers guilty of price fixing and handed out large fines.
Toyota has worked with a group of industry partners to define what it claims is a world-first system to retrieve and recycle copper from vehicle wiring harnesses, helping secure a valuable new source of the raw material.
A bearings importer has been hit with a AUS$2m (US$1.9m) fine after admitting inflating the prices of products.
Bridgestone Corporation has announced that its subsidiary in Vietnam, Bridgestone Tire Manufacturing Vietnam Limited Liability Company(BTMV) has decided to increase production capacity at the company's new passenger car radial tyres (PSR) plant currently under construction in Hai Phong City, Vietnam.
European Commission (EC) authorities have fined four major automotive component producers a total of EUR141.8m (US$182m) for operating wire harness cartels to Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Renault.
Global Automotive Wiring Harness Market 2012-2016
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Wiring Harness market to grow at a CAGR of 11.09 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the...
Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- fo
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global cockpits and instrumentation sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
Global Automotive Connectors Market 2015-2019
A connector is an electro-mechanical component used for connecting electrical circuits. Connectors are used in the production of vehicles and automotive components, defense vehicles, marine equipment,...
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- A LOOK AROUND: Honda Swindon plant for Civic duty
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- No future for long range EVs - Toyota engineer
- Ford confirms $2.5bn Mexican factory spend
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029