Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
The dinosaurs are back? No, that's not a reference to the Top Gear Three who are reportedly readying for a Netflix rebirth....
A writer from Jalopnik had an early exit from last weekend's Chevrolet Camaro media driving event after he crashed a prototype....
When you think of Audi what springs to mind? For me, it's still the elegance, performance and advanced technologies typified by the first generation A8 that came to market in the mid-90s....
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- COMMENT: GM's new Camaro to join a surging segment
- COMMENT: UK vote sets cat among Brussels pigeons
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- Williams CEO eyes consultancy business expansion
- ZF completes TRW buy to create EUR30bn supplier
- INDIA: Tata learns from mistakes with GenX Nano
- Ford UK stresses importance of low interest rates
- Takata recall widens to 33.8m vehicles in US
- Nissan's Ghosn relaxed on R-N Alliance structure