Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar....
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- INTERVIEW: Paul Philpott, Kia UK President and CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault Clio Initiale Paris
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Lotus to restructure and up to 325 jobs could go
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- And now (drum roll), the Nissan Leaf truck...