Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
What might well be the most comprehensive guide to AutoChina 2014 has been updated on just-auto.com, so do take a look....
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out....
Interesting comment about my earlier blog on US octane ratings from our Brazilian correspondent Fernando Calmon....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- PRODUCT EYE: Porsche 911 Turbo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: Beijing wants a greener auto sector
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: Global debuts list
- Ford Mulally successor announcement expected
- GM restructures global engineering
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- Daimler-BYD JV launches Denza electric car