Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day....
Jiangling brand Landwind is causing waves at Shanghai with its X7 SUV that bears a very strong resemblance to Land Rover's hugely successful Range Rover Evoque....
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- A LOOK AROUND: Honda Swindon plant for Civic duty
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- No future for long range EVs - Toyota engineer
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- BMW to recall 91,800 US Mini Coopers
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029