Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mi...
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Audi Q7 e-tron to be a diesel PHEV
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)