Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
US ad agencies have form when it comes to poking fun at outdated perceptions of Europeans. Perhaps this new commercial will be as successful at changing Fiat's image with Americans of a certain age as...
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks
- VW Group to invest EUR86bn in next five years
- 2016 Hyundai i20 last to be bought on price: UK MD