Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
This is really nicely done - an ingenious way of linking the five-door Civic to the forthcoming, 280+PS Type R....
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not a...
It's rare that a writer on one publication will take direct aim at another publication's work....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report