Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Toyota finally makes an economical Prius
- Active suspension systems - briefing
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- VW's amazing new 1.0-litre Golf engine - Analysis
- Fuel economy scandal pushes MMC deep into red
- Ex-VW CEO Winterkorn under investigation
- Goodwood FoS world premieres - the list (updated)
- Kuga expands posh Ford Vignale line in Europe
- Rumbles of discontent at Volkswagen AGM