Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
I have recently met a man with what you might describe as a bit of a job on his hands....
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020