Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Mercedes-Benz has wasted no time in basking in Germany's reflected glory of winning the World Cup on Sunday night and becoming the first side since reunification to lift the golden trophy....
We can forget just how amazing some of the technology in the latest production cars is. This video from HMA is a terrific reminder....
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Ford changes R&D chief
- Nissan learns from India mistakes