Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Well, on average, male and 33.5 years of age, with average annual household income of $175,000. There's some interesting stuff here in a survey of 800 premium brand car customers in China carried out...
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Bleak Christmas ahead for some
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Ford union to block "even a screwdriver" at Genk
- JLR research removes blind spots
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- NHTSA lists Ford, Jaguar and Porsche recalls
- Bye, Chrysler, hello FCA US
- Global light diesel vehicles market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029