Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Sadly, returned vets don't always get the help they need, returning to civvy life with physical and mental scars yet to heal fully....
The hype over Tesla's so-called 'Gigafactory' is reaching new levels with the release of drone footage showing its sheer size....
LMC Automotive has a forecasting event with a very strong European focus coming up....
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Delphi Powertrain VP on compliance - Q&A
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - platforms to go to
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- Tesla chooses Mando for autonomous technology
- Peugeot reveals revamped 3008 compact SUV
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job
- Romanian PM asks Ford for more
- GKN wins plug-in AWD axle deal