Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination....
Its official debut might be just under two months away at the Frankfurt IAA, but the mid-life refresh for the 911 has been seen in public. The pics have appeared, inevitably, on FaceBook....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- VA: Minnow Mitsubishi not short on L200 claims
- Q&A: Kia MD sees 100,000 sales in UK
- Kia UK MD on how to raise brand pricing
- ANALYSIS: New DS 5 & the future of PSA's new brand
- Hackers gain remote control of Jeep in demo
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- VW India three top sales executives step down
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030