Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
We're having more conversations with industry folk who are wondering where the Ukraine's crisis could lead....
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028