Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Bentley Continental GT V8 S
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Ford Mondeo redesigned for 2015
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Toyota recalls 1.75m for brake and fuel checks
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Supercapacitor / Ultracapacitor Interviews, Strategies, Road Map 2014-2025