Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Earlier this year, Opel said that CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann would expand his social communication activities to LinkedIn as a member of the "influencer" programme limited to 500 participants worldwide...
We’re well into Q1 results season and there are one or two interesting straws in the wind....
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell), ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- Carlos Ghosn interview
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - 2016 Subaru Legacy/Liberty 3.6
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Volvo Cars swings to profit in Q1
- Ford claims factory fit first for F-150 strobes
- Tesla advances build plan by 2 years