Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Fabia
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- COMMENT: Deckchair army surveys smart Hoegh work
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- JLR's 'Bike Sense' technology
- Midnight tow mulled as Hoegh to right 10 degrees
- Ford starts Mustang shipments to Asia
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029