Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
Ken Block is back. In a Ford. But it's not a Fiesta....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: McLaren 625C
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app
- Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim
- LA SHOW: Mazda reveals CX-3 small SUV crossover