Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Consolidation in the supplier sector continues apace. Companies are positioning themselves to be well placed for future growth; that means reviewing product portfolios, technology capabilities, market...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors VP Q&A
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Volvo nixes range extenders
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Geneva premieres list - Honda Civic world debut