Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
- Audi S8 plus - if 585PS just isn’t enough power
- Brexit could lift UK auto production – Asian view
- Recalls redux - the week that was
- Driving the new Q30, and Infiniti future models
- Ford and Lincoln future models into the 2020s
- Mixed reaction to Tesla's latest plans
- General Motors Europe in profit as records tumble
- Why has Teslamotors.com become Tesla.com?
- General Motors re-thinks India strategy - report
- Volkswagen emissions scandal hits Porsche SE