Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
Ah, the old chestnut of the promise of the automotive brand, the core brand values and what the brand says about the driver....
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- Daimler - Q2 results insight
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015MY Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
- Global light vehicle market developments
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Results season again
- Jaguar Land Rover buys British classic cars hoard
- New alloy developed for new Jag
- JLR China cuts prices amid anti-trust probe
- Tata Motors to assemble in Venezuela
- Union puzzled no buyer for Unipart Automotive
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029