Blog: What Shanghai Volkswagen's new Changsha plant will build
Glenn Brooks | 17 May 2013
The SVW joint venture has just announced its new 300,000/annum plant for Changsha in Hunan province. But what models will be made there?
I've just added some new information to PLDB, the global vehicle database that I created and maintain for just-auto. So far, it would appear that two vehicles will be manufactured at Changsha. I'll give you a hint about one of them - it will also be built in the US, and we saw it not so long ago as a concept.
If you're already a PLDB subscriber, just search by Changsha and you'll see the latest Volkswagen Group models to have been updated.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar....
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- JLR to start Brazil assembly with Discovery Sport?
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report