Blog: Volkswagen Group: growth through high vertical integration and decentralised brands
Dave Leggett | 29 January 2013
Volkswagen Group. Growing. Impressive revenues and profitability, especially from a Europe-based automaker. Brands that span all vehicle segments. And it employs an awful lot of people, so does not look too good on productivity measures.
I have come across an interesting article looking at how Volkswagen Group is organised and suggesting that it is moving in ways that are both at odds with conventional industrial wisdom and that show similarities with General Motors in the past.
Over half a million employees globally is certainly going some...
Let me begin 2016 by wishing everyone reading this a very Happy New Year! If you had a festive break, I hope it was a good one. It seemed to pass rather quickly for me, as ever....
- Clio R.S. 220 Trophy & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- THE WEEK - New car, mergers, results, Iran
- Q&A - Visteon CEO Sachin Lawande
- January 2016, management briefing (Part 2)
- Ford Europe looks to cut staff
- Geneva premieres list - Bentley Mulsanne facelift
- Spreading virus prompts Tata to re-name new model
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo - world premieres list
- Toyota to axe Scion youth brand