Blog: View from Japan
Dave Leggett | 8 January 2013
I recently noted the insightful remarks of VDA President Matthias Wissmann concerning the mood of German consumers and the weakness of the German car market. The economic data may point one way right now, but how people are generally feeling may say something a little different.The really interesting observation is the insight into the state of the German national psyche - what people are talking about, their current concerns and how they feel about the future.
In a similar vein, I have come across an address from JAMA President Akio Toyoda which offers some interesting insights into how people are feeling in Japan. Yes, economic malaise in Japan has been entrenched for a very long time, but he suggests the particular crises that have hit Japan in recent years have “triggered a basic change in the Japanese people - namely, an inclination to rediscover past values that had gradually faded in contemporary society”. Interesting to see how he relates the change to business also. Worth a read.
What are claimed to be authentic configured images of the Tesla Model X, along with US market pricing, have reportedly been leaked. This big crossover will be available for ordering from 29 September....
I have recently met a man with what you might describe as a bit of a job on his hands....
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- COMMENT: Ford F-Series production soars
- Baking Kias at 45C
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: BMW plug-in 2AT added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Nissan allocates redesigned Juke to Sunderland
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market