Blog: US auto dealers v Tesla - round two [ding!]
Graeme Roberts | 26 October 2012
Having started with an electrified roadster using a Lotus body, Tesla has moved on to luxury four-door sedans but its direct sales model has upset established US car dealers
From US colleague John Voelcker comes this clip about the war being waged between Tesla and established auto dealers over the luxury EV maker's sales and distribution model.
From a UK perspective, all I can add is this: remember Tesco Cars....?
Overseas readers may be picking up media reports of a 'fracas' and a presenter's suspension at popular BBC TV programme Top Gear and wondering what's going on....
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week....
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: GM, FCA, axe plant, Chrysler UK
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Q&A with Victrex
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- EU 2021 CO2 targets will be difficult for premiums
- New York show debuts: Range Rover Sport HST added
- ChinaChem to buy Pirelli tyres in US$7.7bn deal