Blog: US auto dealers v Tesla - round two [ding!]
Graeme Roberts | 26 October 2012
Having started with an electrified roadster using a Lotus body, Tesla has moved on to luxury four-door sedans but its direct sales model has upset established US car dealers
From US colleague John Voelcker comes this clip about the war being waged between Tesla and established auto dealers over the luxury EV maker's sales and distribution model.
From a UK perspective, all I can add is this: remember Tesco Cars....?
Renault's 2014 Annual Report is now out, released at yesterday's AGM at which the French government and Carlos Ghosn were competing for voting rights....
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day....
Jiangling brand Landwind is causing waves at Shanghai with its X7 SUV that bears a very strong resemblance to Land Rover's hugely successful Range Rover Evoque....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: VW's 'master tactician' falls
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 'Bye Twin Gate, hello hatchback
- COMMENT: Labour Day Paris putsch at Renault
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- Lear Corp VP on designing wire harnesses
- Furious Renault mulls options at AGM setback
- Aston Martin secures funding for DBX crossover
- Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- Delphi poised for 'major acquisition' this year
- EPS corrosion prompts 487,000 unit Ford recall
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029