Blog: US auto dealers v Tesla - round two [ding!]
Graeme Roberts | 26 October 2012
Having started with an electrified roadster using a Lotus body, Tesla has moved on to luxury four-door sedans but its direct sales model has upset established US car dealers
From US colleague John Voelcker comes this clip about the war being waged between Tesla and established auto dealers over the luxury EV maker's sales and distribution model.
From a UK perspective, all I can add is this: remember Tesco Cars....?
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- The self-driving Volvo is getting closer
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- Ford's future models and platforms
- Arxan Technologies on cyber security - Q&A
- "No trade barriers" says FKG amid Brexit fallout
- Volkswagen scandal - Porsche plunges into the red
- Aston Martin lost GBP127.9m in 2015
- VDA warns against post-Brexit customs barriers
- Shocked CLEPA to discuss Brexit in Madrid
- Jaguar Land Rover: Adapting the original SUV & turning middle class Britishness into a business asset
- Tesla Motors, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Automotive Megatrends
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market - forecasts to 2030