Blog: US auto dealers v Tesla - round two [ding!]
Graeme Roberts | 26 October 2012
Having started with an electrified roadster using a Lotus body, Tesla has moved on to luxury four-door sedans but its direct sales model has upset established US car dealers
From US colleague John Voelcker comes this clip about the war being waged between Tesla and established auto dealers over the luxury EV maker's sales and distribution model.
From a UK perspective, all I can add is this: remember Tesco Cars....?
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- Auto business confidence hit but holding up
- New Astra Sports Tourer & future Opel/Vauxhalls
- Recalls redux - the week that was
- Brexit could lift UK auto production – Asian view
- FCA realigns its global manufacturing footprint
- General Motors re-thinks India strategy - report
- Tesla drops Mobileye in wake of Autopilot issue
- Mixed reaction to Tesla's latest plans
- Ford rolls out MY2017 smartphone integration
- Nissan Kicks making world debut in Olympics Brazil