Blog: Toyota kills off the Lexus LFA
Glenn Brooks | 11 December 2012
It's hard to believe that the Lexus LFA's brief two year lifecycle is up already. And as 2012 draws to a close, other manufacturers are winding down production of various more long-lived vehicles too.
As part of the constant checks made on all the vehicles in PLDB, just-auto's current and future model database, archiving is always taking place but there's quite a few being deep-sixed just now. As well as Lexus' first supercar, Fiat has just stopped building the second generation Punto and Lancia Musa, the ancient Chevrolet Chevy is no longer made in Mexico and Ford of Europe is replacing the Kuga.
If you're wondering about that Lexus, Toyota stated at the time of launch (December 2010) that it would build the car for just two years so the LFA's time is up. With production numbers said to have tallied just 500 units, this car has collector's item written all over it.
The US presidential campaigning that seems to go on forever is something that can look a little perplexing at times to overseas observers....
News just in from China suggests a Toyota joint venture there - via a new China-only brand - is readying what might be a decent five door hatchback rival for Nissan's well-entrenched Leaf EV....
Following the appearance of those infamous S90 pics a couple of months back, now it's the turn of the V90 to hit the web - as a model car....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030