Blog: Toyota kills off the Lexus LFA
Glenn Brooks | 11 December 2012
It's hard to believe that the Lexus LFA's brief two year lifecycle is up already. And as 2012 draws to a close, other manufacturers are winding down production of various more long-lived vehicles too.
As part of the constant checks made on all the vehicles in PLDB, just-auto's current and future model database, archiving is always taking place but there's quite a few being deep-sixed just now. As well as Lexus' first supercar, Fiat has just stopped building the second generation Punto and Lancia Musa, the ancient Chevrolet Chevy is no longer made in Mexico and Ford of Europe is replacing the Kuga.
If you're wondering about that Lexus, Toyota stated at the time of launch (December 2010) that it would build the car for just two years so the LFA's time is up. With production numbers said to have tallied just 500 units, this car has collector's item written all over it.
This is really nicely done - an ingenious way of linking the five-door Civic to the forthcoming, 280+PS Type R....
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not a...
It's rare that a writer on one publication will take direct aim at another publication's work....
SEAT has sent a drone up to film outside and inside its 2.8 million m2 Martorell plant....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)