Blog: Toyota kills off the Lexus LFA
Glenn Brooks | 11 December 2012
It's hard to believe that the Lexus LFA's brief two year lifecycle is up already. And as 2012 draws to a close, other manufacturers are winding down production of various more long-lived vehicles too.
As part of the constant checks made on all the vehicles in PLDB, just-auto's current and future model database, archiving is always taking place but there's quite a few being deep-sixed just now. As well as Lexus' first supercar, Fiat has just stopped building the second generation Punto and Lancia Musa, the ancient Chevrolet Chevy is no longer made in Mexico and Ford of Europe is replacing the Kuga.
If you're wondering about that Lexus, Toyota stated at the time of launch (December 2010) that it would build the car for just two years so the LFA's time is up. With production numbers said to have tallied just 500 units, this car has collector's item written all over it.
Renault's 2014 Annual Report is now out, released at yesterday's AGM at which the French government and Carlos Ghosn were competing for voting rights....
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day....
Jiangling brand Landwind is causing waves at Shanghai with its X7 SUV that bears a very strong resemblance to Land Rover's hugely successful Range Rover Evoque....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Peugeot 308 GT BlueHDi
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 'Bye Twin Gate, hello hatchback
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: VW's 'master tactician' falls
- Q&A with Olaf Bongwald, VP, Magna Electronics
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- FCA opens vast manufacturing complex in Brazil
- All UK market BMWs to come with sat-nav
- Hyundai's Genesis re-worked for UK market
- Ford Otosan opens big new R&D centre
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029