Blog: The Fiesta of Fifty-Three
Graeme Roberts | 4 December 2012
Think Ford was first to use the Fiesta nameplate?
From 1976, if memory serves.
Think again - GM may have got there first in 1953 but, the way names get passed around automakers over the decades, I'm offering no guarantees. Looks like the Olds was a one-off, though, Ford has sold millions of its Fiesta.
Consolidation in the supplier sector continues apace. Companies are positioning themselves to be well placed for future growth; that means reviewing product portfolios, technology capabilities, market...
Let me begin 2016 by wishing everyone reading this a very Happy New Year! If you had a festive break, I hope it was a good one. It seemed to pass rather quickly for me, as ever....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- Volvo nixes range extenders
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Geneva premieres list - Honda Civic world debut