Blog: The Fiesta of Fifty-Three
Graeme Roberts | 4 December 2012
Think Ford was first to use the Fiesta nameplate?
From 1976, if memory serves.
Think again - GM may have got there first in 1953 but, the way names get passed around automakers over the decades, I'm offering no guarantees. Looks like the Olds was a one-off, though, Ford has sold millions of its Fiesta.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- Brexit could lift UK auto production – Asian view
- Ford and Lincoln future models into the 2020s
- Audi S8 plus - if 585PS just isn’t enough power
- Rise of the manufacturing ‘bots - Comment
- Recalls redux - the week that was
- Mixed reaction to Tesla's latest plans
- Why has Teslamotors.com become Tesla.com?
- General Motors Europe in profit as records tumble
- Hyundai's Genesis G90 outsells German luxury cars
- Ford announces management changes in Europe