Blog: The Fiesta of Fifty-Three
Graeme Roberts | 4 December 2012
Think Ford was first to use the Fiesta nameplate?
From 1976, if memory serves.
Think again - GM may have got there first in 1953 but, the way names get passed around automakers over the decades, I'm offering no guarantees. Looks like the Olds was a one-off, though, Ford has sold millions of its Fiesta.
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell), ...
Mitsubishi is in the news today and it reminded me of a bit of history. Some of you may recall the auto industry and Japanese public were stunned when it emerged in the summer of 2000 that Mitsubishi ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- ANALYSIS - 2016 Kia Carnival Platinum
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT - Moving closer to self-driving
- JLR achieves aluminium recycling milestone
- Ford books record Q1 pre-tax profit
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- Mitsubishi orders plunge in crisis
- German government incentivises electric car sales