Blog: The Fiesta of Fifty-Three
Graeme Roberts | 4 December 2012
Think Ford was first to use the Fiesta nameplate?
From 1976, if memory serves.
Think again - GM may have got there first in 1953 but, the way names get passed around automakers over the decades, I'm offering no guarantees. Looks like the Olds was a one-off, though, Ford has sold millions of its Fiesta.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Ford's future models and platforms
- The self-driving Volvo is getting closer
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Brexit fallout and recovery
- "No trade barriers" says FKG amid Brexit fallout
- Volkswagen scandal - Porsche plunges into the red
- Aston Martin lost GBP127.9m in 2015
- VDA warns against post-Brexit customs barriers
- Shocked CLEPA to discuss Brexit in Madrid