Blog: Opel-Vauxhall's Project Junior gets a model name at last
Glenn Brooks | 8 May 2012
Opel Adam prototype
The wait is over and there was truth in the rumour: both Opel and Vauxhall versions of the Junior small car project are to be called 'Adam'.
The Adam won't be seen in the metal until the Paris show in late September, with LHD cars reaching showroooms across Europe just in time for Christmas. The Vauxhall Adam plus Ireland's Opel model will follow in early 2013.
The announcement of this new model's name also sees us publishing our first list of cars making a global debut at Paris. You can find it here.
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts....
While various parties figure out What To Do with the Hoegh Osaka and its valuable cargo of Jaguar Land Rover, Mini, Rolls-Royce and JCB products, here's how things turned out the last time we covered ...
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- CHICAGO DEBUTS: Mysterious Mitsubishi teased
- BMW appoints new head of Mini brand
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029