Blog: Opel-Vauxhall's Project Junior gets a model name at last
Glenn Brooks | 8 May 2012
Opel Adam prototype
The wait is over and there was truth in the rumour: both Opel and Vauxhall versions of the Junior small car project are to be called 'Adam'.
The Adam won't be seen in the metal until the Paris show in late September, with LHD cars reaching showroooms across Europe just in time for Christmas. The Vauxhall Adam plus Ireland's Opel model will follow in early 2013.
The announcement of this new model's name also sees us publishing our first list of cars making a global debut at Paris. You can find it here.
Well, the news today that the Top Gear presenter trio plus producer Andy Wilman will produce a new show broadcast on the Amazon Prime video streaming service comes as no great surprise....
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination....
Its official debut might be just under two months away at the Frankfurt IAA, but the mid-life refresh for the 911 has been seen in public. The pics have appeared, inevitably, on FaceBook....
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Audi brand sets first half sales record
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030