Blog: Opel-Vauxhall's Project Junior gets a model name at last
Glenn Brooks | 8 May 2012
Opel Adam prototype
The wait is over and there was truth in the rumour: both Opel and Vauxhall versions of the Junior small car project are to be called 'Adam'.
The Adam won't be seen in the metal until the Paris show in late September, with LHD cars reaching showroooms across Europe just in time for Christmas. The Vauxhall Adam plus Ireland's Opel model will follow in early 2013.
The announcement of this new model's name also sees us publishing our first list of cars making a global debut at Paris. You can find it here.
Earlier this year, Opel said that CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann would expand his social communication activities to LinkedIn as a member of the "influencer" programme limited to 500 participants worldwide...
We’re well into Q1 results season and there are one or two interesting straws in the wind....
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell), ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- ANALYSIS - 2016 Subaru Legacy/Liberty 3.6
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Volvo Cars swings to profit in Q1
- Ford claims factory fit first for F-150 strobes
- Autonomous cars to shake up car insurance