Blog: Opel-Vauxhall's Project Junior gets a model name at last
Glenn Brooks | 8 May 2012
Opel Adam prototype
The wait is over and there was truth in the rumour: both Opel and Vauxhall versions of the Junior small car project are to be called 'Adam'.
The Adam won't be seen in the metal until the Paris show in late September, with LHD cars reaching showroooms across Europe just in time for Christmas. The Vauxhall Adam plus Ireland's Opel model will follow in early 2013.
The announcement of this new model's name also sees us publishing our first list of cars making a global debut at Paris. You can find it here.
The dinosaurs are back? No, that's not a reference to the Top Gear Three who are reportedly readying for a Netflix rebirth....
A writer from Jalopnik had an early exit from last weekend's Chevrolet Camaro media driving event after he crashed a prototype....
When you think of Audi what springs to mind? For me, it's still the elegance, performance and advanced technologies typified by the first generation A8 that came to market in the mid-90s....
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- COMMENT: GM's new Camaro to join a surging segment
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- Williams CEO eyes consultancy business expansion
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Celerio and Suzuki's future cars
- INDIA: Tata learns from mistakes with GenX Nano
- Ford UK stresses importance of low interest rates
- Takata recall widens to 33.8m vehicles in US
- ZF completes TRW buy to create EUR30bn supplier
- Nissan's Ghosn relaxed on R-N Alliance structure