Blog: Mitsubishi claims up to 148mpg for Outlander PHEV
Glenn Brooks | 6 February 2013
Speaking at today's media launch of the new Outlander, Mitsubishi Motors UK managing director Lance Bradley said he expects the forthcoming plug-in hybrid variant to return up to 147.9mpg.
The European Commission is yet to issue official consumption figures for the PHEV version of Mitsubishi's new SUV, the first shipments of which are due to land in the UK in June. Pricing will be "highly competitive", Bradley claimed, but would not reveal a number just yet.
This, the world's first production car with permanent four-wheel drive and electric propulsion, had its global debut at the Paris motor show four months back and went on sale in Japan, its first market, in January.
When fully charged, the Outlander PHEV's electric motors and petrol engine give it a range of up to 800km with its CO2 average rated at below 50g/km. Driving in EV mode, you can travel as fast as 75mph, or if you take it easier with the right foot, you can see a range of up to 50km from battery power alone.
A review of the PHEV will have to wait a few months more until the UK media launch takes place but keep an eye on just-auto in the coming days for my thoughts on the new Outlander diesel.
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mi...
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan....
Interesting development in the news at Audi. There's a robot on the assembly line that works with the humans....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Geneva show list updated
- Honda chief quits
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)