Blog: Mitsubishi claims up to 148mpg for Outlander PHEV
Glenn Brooks | 6 February 2013
Speaking at today's media launch of the new Outlander, Mitsubishi Motors UK managing director Lance Bradley said he expects the forthcoming plug-in hybrid variant to return up to 147.9mpg.
The European Commission is yet to issue official consumption figures for the PHEV version of Mitsubishi's new SUV, the first shipments of which are due to land in the UK in June. Pricing will be "highly competitive", Bradley claimed, but would not reveal a number just yet.
This, the world's first production car with permanent four-wheel drive and electric propulsion, had its global debut at the Paris motor show four months back and went on sale in Japan, its first market, in January.
When fully charged, the Outlander PHEV's electric motors and petrol engine give it a range of up to 800km with its CO2 average rated at below 50g/km. Driving in EV mode, you can travel as fast as 75mph, or if you take it easier with the right foot, you can see a range of up to 50km from battery power alone.
A review of the PHEV will have to wait a few months more until the UK media launch takes place but keep an eye on just-auto in the coming days for my thoughts on the new Outlander diesel.
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Toyota puts the brakes on sales expectations
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European chart
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029