Blog: Lotus proActive is out
Dave Leggett | 26 November 2012
The latest edition of Lotus proActive is now available. In the current issue I interviewed - among others - Derek Crabb, head of powertrain at Volvo Car. He had some interesting observations on how Volvo Car relates to its Chinese parent, Geely, as well as Volvo's powertrain strategy.
Still on Lotus, I caught some of the Brazilian Formula 1 GP yesterday and noted that the Lotus team have managed a pretty creditable fourth place in this season's constructors' championship. Earlier this year, I interviewed the Lotus team technical director, James Allison. A quick search on the proActive microsite and up it pops (below link). Interesting guy to talk to and a fascinating perspective on the job of an F1 team technical director and how things stood at the beginning of the season.
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
Ken Block is back. In a Ford. But it's not a Fiesta....
Tesla Motors tends not to issue factual, dry media releases. Take this one, its most recent, concerning some upgrades made at its Fremont factory....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe