Blog: Lotus proActive is out
Dave Leggett | 26 November 2012
The latest edition of Lotus proActive is now available. In the current issue I interviewed - among others - Derek Crabb, head of powertrain at Volvo Car. He had some interesting observations on how Volvo Car relates to its Chinese parent, Geely, as well as Volvo's powertrain strategy.
Still on Lotus, I caught some of the Brazilian Formula 1 GP yesterday and noted that the Lotus team have managed a pretty creditable fourth place in this season's constructors' championship. Earlier this year, I interviewed the Lotus team technical director, James Allison. A quick search on the proActive microsite and up it pops (below link). Interesting guy to talk to and a fascinating perspective on the job of an F1 team technical director and how things stood at the beginning of the season.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- The self-driving Volvo is getting closer
- Active suspension systems - briefing
- Toyota finally makes an economical Prius
- "No trade barriers" says FKG amid Brexit fallout
- Aston Martin lost GBP127.9m in 2015
- 'Business as usual,' says Tata's Jaguar Land Rover
- VDA warns against post-Brexit customs barriers
- Shocked CLEPA to discuss Brexit in Madrid