Blog: Lotus proActive is out
Dave Leggett | 26 November 2012
The latest edition of Lotus proActive is now available. In the current issue I interviewed - among others - Derek Crabb, head of powertrain at Volvo Car. He had some interesting observations on how Volvo Car relates to its Chinese parent, Geely, as well as Volvo's powertrain strategy.
Still on Lotus, I caught some of the Brazilian Formula 1 GP yesterday and noted that the Lotus team have managed a pretty creditable fourth place in this season's constructors' championship. Earlier this year, I interviewed the Lotus team technical director, James Allison. A quick search on the proActive microsite and up it pops (below link). Interesting guy to talk to and a fascinating perspective on the job of an F1 team technical director and how things stood at the beginning of the season.
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out....
Interesting comment about my earlier blog on US octane ratings from our Brazilian correspondent Fernando Calmon....
Ever been bemused at the low octane ratings of US petrol? Pull up to a pump and you get options like 87, 89, 93....
This three and a bit minutes video takes you inside the soon to be expanded plant where BMW makes the new X4....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- COMMENT: Nissan looks for top UEFA bang for buck
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- PSA issues new business plan
- GM furloughs two engineers in recall probe
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 long wheelbase
- BEIJING DEBUTS: JAC EC-9 concept
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028