Blog: Lotus proActive is out
Dave Leggett | 26 November 2012
The latest edition of Lotus proActive is now available. In the current issue I interviewed - among others - Derek Crabb, head of powertrain at Volvo Car. He had some interesting observations on how Volvo Car relates to its Chinese parent, Geely, as well as Volvo's powertrain strategy.
Still on Lotus, I caught some of the Brazilian Formula 1 GP yesterday and noted that the Lotus team have managed a pretty creditable fourth place in this season's constructors' championship. Earlier this year, I interviewed the Lotus team technical director, James Allison. A quick search on the proActive microsite and up it pops (below link). Interesting guy to talk to and a fascinating perspective on the job of an F1 team technical director and how things stood at the beginning of the season.
Overseas readers may be picking up media reports of a 'fracas' and a presenter's suspension at popular BBC TV programme Top Gear and wondering what's going on....
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week....
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Chinese scoop up Pirelli
- Q&A with Victrex
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- EU 2021 CO2 targets will be difficult for premiums
- New York show debuts: Scion iA added
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover announces GBP 600m spend