Blog: Lotus proActive is out
Dave Leggett | 26 November 2012
The latest edition of Lotus proActive is now available. In the current issue I interviewed - among others - Derek Crabb, head of powertrain at Volvo Car. He had some interesting observations on how Volvo Car relates to its Chinese parent, Geely, as well as Volvo's powertrain strategy.
Still on Lotus, I caught some of the Brazilian Formula 1 GP yesterday and noted that the Lotus team have managed a pretty creditable fourth place in this season's constructors' championship. Earlier this year, I interviewed the Lotus team technical director, James Allison. A quick search on the proActive microsite and up it pops (below link). Interesting guy to talk to and a fascinating perspective on the job of an F1 team technical director and how things stood at the beginning of the season.
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week....
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mi...
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Hoegh Osaka saga: Knowns and unknowns
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- OnStar to be 'revolutionary' in Europe - Opel head
- GENEVA: Toyota joins engine downsize bandwagon
- No Mexico-Brazil agreement on new auto pact
- Many challenges await new BMW driver