Blog: Lotus proActive is out
Dave Leggett | 26 November 2012
The latest edition of Lotus proActive is now available. In the current issue I interviewed - among others - Derek Crabb, head of powertrain at Volvo Car. He had some interesting observations on how Volvo Car relates to its Chinese parent, Geely, as well as Volvo's powertrain strategy.
Still on Lotus, I caught some of the Brazilian Formula 1 GP yesterday and noted that the Lotus team have managed a pretty creditable fourth place in this season's constructors' championship. Earlier this year, I interviewed the Lotus team technical director, James Allison. A quick search on the proActive microsite and up it pops (below link). Interesting guy to talk to and a fascinating perspective on the job of an F1 team technical director and how things stood at the beginning of the season.
I have recently met a man with what you might describe as a bit of a job on his hands....
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market