Blog: Lana Del Rey and the Jaguar F-Type
Dave Leggett | 15 February 2013
Here's a pop music video clip worth a look (certainly not every day I say that). This is 'Burning Desire', written and performed by Lana Del Rey, featuring Jaguar's F-Type.
Nice venue for the singer. The music video was filmed on location in South East London at the Rivoli Ballroom, a Grade II listed former cinema that was transformed in the 1950s and is the only remaining intact ballroom from its period in London.
This music video will feature as the title track to a film called ‘Desire' starring Damian Lewis, which has been created by Jaguar and Ridley Scott Associates.
From the press release: "The film that features the track tells the story of Clark (Damian Lewis), who delivers cars for a living, running into trouble after a chance encounter with a mysterious, young woman (Shannyn Sossamon) in the middle of a lawless desert. Directed by Adam Smith, this is a story of betrayal, retribution, passion and greed. The film will be released in spring 2013." Might be fun.
Car also looks good in the sunshine. Good tune, well performed. Interesting collaboration I thought. Definitely a step up from 'let's get Sting in the back of an S-Type'.
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
Ken Block is back. In a Ford. But it's not a Fiesta....
Tesla Motors tends not to issue factual, dry media releases. Take this one, its most recent, concerning some upgrades made at its Fremont factory....
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app