Blog: Lana Del Rey and the Jaguar F-Type
Dave Leggett | 15 February 2013
Here's a pop music video clip worth a look (certainly not every day I say that). This is 'Burning Desire', written and performed by Lana Del Rey, featuring Jaguar's F-Type.
Nice venue for the singer. The music video was filmed on location in South East London at the Rivoli Ballroom, a Grade II listed former cinema that was transformed in the 1950s and is the only remaining intact ballroom from its period in London.
This music video will feature as the title track to a film called ‘Desire' starring Damian Lewis, which has been created by Jaguar and Ridley Scott Associates.
From the press release: "The film that features the track tells the story of Clark (Damian Lewis), who delivers cars for a living, running into trouble after a chance encounter with a mysterious, young woman (Shannyn Sossamon) in the middle of a lawless desert. Directed by Adam Smith, this is a story of betrayal, retribution, passion and greed. The film will be released in spring 2013." Might be fun.
Car also looks good in the sunshine. Good tune, well performed. Interesting collaboration I thought. Definitely a step up from 'let's get Sting in the back of an S-Type'.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- Brexit could lift UK auto production – Asian view
- Ford and Lincoln future models into the 2020s
- Audi S8 plus - if 585PS just isn’t enough power
- Rise of the manufacturing ‘bots - Comment
- Recalls redux - the week that was
- Mixed reaction to Tesla's latest plans
- Why has Teslamotors.com become Tesla.com?
- General Motors Europe in profit as records tumble
- Hyundai's Genesis G90 outsells German luxury cars
- Ford announces management changes in Europe