Blog: Lana Del Rey and the Jaguar F-Type
Dave Leggett | 15 February 2013
Here's a pop music video clip worth a look (certainly not every day I say that). This is 'Burning Desire', written and performed by Lana Del Rey, featuring Jaguar's F-Type.
Nice venue for the singer. The music video was filmed on location in South East London at the Rivoli Ballroom, a Grade II listed former cinema that was transformed in the 1950s and is the only remaining intact ballroom from its period in London.
This music video will feature as the title track to a film called ‘Desire' starring Damian Lewis, which has been created by Jaguar and Ridley Scott Associates.
From the press release: "The film that features the track tells the story of Clark (Damian Lewis), who delivers cars for a living, running into trouble after a chance encounter with a mysterious, young woman (Shannyn Sossamon) in the middle of a lawless desert. Directed by Adam Smith, this is a story of betrayal, retribution, passion and greed. The film will be released in spring 2013." Might be fun.
Car also looks good in the sunshine. Good tune, well performed. Interesting collaboration I thought. Definitely a step up from 'let's get Sting in the back of an S-Type'.
Consolidation in the supplier sector continues apace. Companies are positioning themselves to be well placed for future growth; that means reviewing product portfolios, technology capabilities, market...
Let me begin 2016 by wishing everyone reading this a very Happy New Year! If you had a festive break, I hope it was a good one. It seemed to pass rather quickly for me, as ever....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors VP Q&A
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Volvo nixes range extenders
- Geneva premieres list - Subaru XV concept debut
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- VW Group quality chief leaves