Blog: It's tough being a European supercar owner
Graeme Roberts | 26 October 2012
McLaren's 12C Spider: if you can afford one, you might need to hide it from the taxman...
The last thing you might have expected as a supercar owner is the apparent downside in some European countries right now of being a bit too, well, conspicuous, as this article published in Australia, explains.
This is not, apparently a problem to the uber-rich young men from the Middle East who, at enormous expense, fly McLarens, Ferraris and Lamborghinis into London for a 'summer season' of blasting around while keeping one step in front of The Law and parking wardens - not always successfully as the odd gleeful tabloid newpaper shot of a clamped supercar shows.
If the name Wayne Bruce rings a bell, he's the one-time Nissan PR supremo who launched Infiniti in Europe and recently moved to McLaren.
He's not wrong about the new use of astroturf, either. Exactly the same trick was cited by wealthy British expats in Thursday night's reality series about the Greek island of Corfu, currently showing on ITV here in the UK.
This is really nicely done - an ingenious way of linking the five-door Civic to the forthcoming, 280+PS Type R....
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not a...
It's rare that a writer on one publication will take direct aim at another publication's work....
SEAT has sent a drone up to film outside and inside its 2.8 million m2 Martorell plant....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- Management briefing: India automotive update (1)
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018