Blog: It's tough being a European supercar owner
Graeme Roberts | 26 October 2012
McLaren's 12C Spider: if you can afford one, you might need to hide it from the taxman...
The last thing you might have expected as a supercar owner is the apparent downside in some European countries right now of being a bit too, well, conspicuous, as this article published in Australia, explains.
This is not, apparently a problem to the uber-rich young men from the Middle East who, at enormous expense, fly McLarens, Ferraris and Lamborghinis into London for a 'summer season' of blasting around while keeping one step in front of The Law and parking wardens - not always successfully as the odd gleeful tabloid newpaper shot of a clamped supercar shows.
If the name Wayne Bruce rings a bell, he's the one-time Nissan PR supremo who launched Infiniti in Europe and recently moved to McLaren.
He's not wrong about the new use of astroturf, either. Exactly the same trick was cited by wealthy British expats in Thursday night's reality series about the Greek island of Corfu, currently showing on ITV here in the UK.
Sadly, returned vets don't always get the help they need, returning to civvy life with physical and mental scars yet to heal fully....
The hype over Tesla's so-called 'Gigafactory' is reaching new levels with the release of drone footage showing its sheer size....
LMC Automotive has a forecasting event with a very strong European focus coming up....
Earlier this year, Opel said that CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann would expand his social communication activities to LinkedIn as a member of the "influencer" programme limited to 500 participants worldwide...
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- General Motors' platform strategy decoded
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Romanian PM asks Ford for more
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 2030