Blog: Ex-Ford boss David Thursfield
Dave Leggett | 7 January 2013
There's a blast from the past in the news at the moment, not really for the best of reasons. I never met David Thursfield, Ford's head of international operations a decade or so ago, but I do remember his reputation for being something of a fiery character. And I also recall that he was at the centre of a legal dispute when then Ford of Europe boss Martin Leach left the company for Maserati (Leach has a London-based consulting firm now). Below is a link to a report about David Thursfield's latest spot of bother in the courts.
Overseas readers may be picking up media reports of a 'fracas' and a presenter's suspension at popular BBC TV programme Top Gear and wondering what's going on....
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week....
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Chinese scoop up Pirelli
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Q&A with Victrex
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- EU 2021 CO2 targets will be difficult for premiums
- New York show debuts: Scion iA added
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover announces GBP 600m spend