Blog: Codenames and platforms of future models for the Chinese market
Glenn Brooks | 24 April 2012
The second press day of the Beijing motor show is under way and our round-up of new vehicle premieres now stretches to over 100. But what are their codenames, which ones will be built, and when, not to mention on what platforms, and in which plants?
I devote a large part of most working days to tracking down, checking and cross-checking information for future vehicle programmes. Then I update PLDB, just-auto's global database of current and future vehicles. There's currently over 1,500 models listed there, so if you're interested in what's ahead (out to 2025) for China-built cars and light trucks, you can take a free demo tour.
As well as spending lots of time updating all the future models coming for the Chinese market, I've also been adding loads of information about 2013 model year vehicles for the US market in recent weeks - the fact that you can search the database by such criteria makes it easy to find you're looking for.
If these images turn out to be the real deal, then Toyota's design department is getting even braver than usual. Taiwan-based Autonet has just published what appear to be shots of the next Prius and P...
Given the attention Tesla EVs attract, it's easy to forget entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk has fingers in other pies - notably operating space ships. Which can be a bit risky....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: WRX & Subaru's SGP architecture
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- ANALYSIS: Thailand targets EVs for future growth
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- New Honda chief sets out vision
- Ford’s ‘significantly enhanced’ EcoSport on sale
- Goal of 75g CO2 achievable: Valeo R&D
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global In-vehicle Entertainment and Information Systems Market 2015-2019