Blog: Codenames and platforms of future models for the Chinese market
Glenn Brooks | 24 April 2012
The second press day of the Beijing motor show is under way and our round-up of new vehicle premieres now stretches to over 100. But what are their codenames, which ones will be built, and when, not to mention on what platforms, and in which plants?
I devote a large part of most working days to tracking down, checking and cross-checking information for future vehicle programmes. Then I update PLDB, just-auto's global database of current and future vehicles. There's currently over 1,500 models listed there, so if you're interested in what's ahead (out to 2025) for China-built cars and light trucks, you can take a free demo tour.
As well as spending lots of time updating all the future models coming for the Chinese market, I've also been adding loads of information about 2013 model year vehicles for the US market in recent weeks - the fact that you can search the database by such criteria makes it easy to find you're looking for.
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)