Blog: China's best sellers of 2012 revealed
Glenn Brooks | 11 January 2013
Data just issued by the China Passenger Car Association lists the country's best selling models.
Shanghai GM's Buick Excelle has topped the charts in the sedan/hatchback category, while the VW Tiguan is the most popular SUV.
Do be cautious in noting the numbers in the MPV/minivan class as the Association clearly classes vehicles such as the Wuling Sunshine and Changan Chana Green Star as LCVs. Let's wait for GM China to issue sales numbers for the Wuling Sunshine and its derivatives - technically, it's a van with seats but it was also the country's best seller in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and that's unlikely to have changed as 2012 drew to a close.
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- A LOOK AROUND: Honda Swindon plant for Civic duty
- No future for long range EVs - Toyota engineer
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- EXCLUSIVE UK: New platform key to Honda Civic deal
- JLR automates priority warranty parts returns
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029