Blog: China's best sellers of 2012 revealed
Glenn Brooks | 11 January 2013
Data just issued by the China Passenger Car Association lists the country's best selling models.
Shanghai GM's Buick Excelle has topped the charts in the sedan/hatchback category, while the VW Tiguan is the most popular SUV.
Do be cautious in noting the numbers in the MPV/minivan class as the Association clearly classes vehicles such as the Wuling Sunshine and Changan Chana Green Star as LCVs. Let's wait for GM China to issue sales numbers for the Wuling Sunshine and its derivatives - technically, it's a van with seats but it was also the country's best seller in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and that's unlikely to have changed as 2012 drew to a close.
Let me begin 2016 by wishing everyone reading this a very Happy New Year! If you had a festive break, I hope it was a good one. It seemed to pass rather quickly for me, as ever....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Clio R.S. 220 Trophy & future Renaults
- January 2016, management briefing (Part 2)
- THE WEEK - New car, mergers, results, Iran
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors VP Q&A
- Ford Europe looks to cut staff
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Daimler posts record sales – investors unimpressed
- Geneva premieres list - Ferrari GTC4Lusso
- Volvo nixes range extenders