Blog: China's best sellers of 2012 revealed
Glenn Brooks | 11 January 2013
Data just issued by the China Passenger Car Association lists the country's best selling models.
Shanghai GM's Buick Excelle has topped the charts in the sedan/hatchback category, while the VW Tiguan is the most popular SUV.
Do be cautious in noting the numbers in the MPV/minivan class as the Association clearly classes vehicles such as the Wuling Sunshine and Changan Chana Green Star as LCVs. Let's wait for GM China to issue sales numbers for the Wuling Sunshine and its derivatives - technically, it's a van with seats but it was also the country's best seller in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and that's unlikely to have changed as 2012 drew to a close.
Ah, the old chestnut of the promise of the automotive brand, the core brand values and what the brand says about the driver....
Mercedes-Benz has wasted no time in basking in Germany's reflected glory of winning the World Cup on Sunday night and becoming the first side since reunification to lift the golden trophy....
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- Daimler - Q2 results insight
- Global light vehicle market developments
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015MY Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Results season again
- Jaguar Land Rover buys British classic cars hoard
- New alloy developed for new Jag
- JLR China cuts prices amid anti-trust probe
- Tata Motors to assemble in Venezuela
- Union puzzled no buyer for Unipart Automotive