Blog: China's best sellers of 2012 revealed
Glenn Brooks | 11 January 2013
Data just issued by the China Passenger Car Association lists the country's best selling models.
Shanghai GM's Buick Excelle has topped the charts in the sedan/hatchback category, while the VW Tiguan is the most popular SUV.
Do be cautious in noting the numbers in the MPV/minivan class as the Association clearly classes vehicles such as the Wuling Sunshine and Changan Chana Green Star as LCVs. Let's wait for GM China to issue sales numbers for the Wuling Sunshine and its derivatives - technically, it's a van with seats but it was also the country's best seller in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and that's unlikely to have changed as 2012 drew to a close.
The US presidential campaigning that seems to go on forever is something that can look a little perplexing at times to overseas observers....
News just in from China suggests a Toyota joint venture there - via a new China-only brand - is readying what might be a decent five door hatchback rival for Nissan's well-entrenched Leaf EV....
Following the appearance of those infamous S90 pics a couple of months back, now it's the turn of the V90 to hit the web - as a model car....
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030