Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
US ad agencies have form when it comes to poking fun at outdated perceptions of Europeans. Perhaps this new commercial will be as successful at changing Fiat's image with Americans of a certain age as...
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
Ken Block is back. In a Ford. But it's not a Fiesta....
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- INDIA: Datsun horror inspires national crash tests
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- Jaguar Land Rover named "most trustworthy OEM"
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks