Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
Sadly, returned vets don't always get the help they need, returning to civvy life with physical and mental scars yet to heal fully....
The hype over Tesla's so-called 'Gigafactory' is reaching new levels with the release of drone footage showing its sheer size....
LMC Automotive has a forecasting event with a very strong European focus coming up....
Earlier this year, Opel said that CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann would expand his social communication activities to LinkedIn as a member of the "influencer" programme limited to 500 participants worldwide...
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - platforms to go to
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Delphi Powertrain VP on compliance - Q&A
- Geely/Volvo architecture cooperation bears fruit
- Peugeot reveals revamped 3008 compact SUV
- Tesla chooses Mando for autonomous technology
- US and UK motorists divided on driverless cars
- GKN wins plug-in AWD axle deal
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job