Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
The US presidential campaigning that seems to go on forever is something that can look a little perplexing at times to overseas observers....
News just in from China suggests a Toyota joint venture there - via a new China-only brand - is readying what might be a decent five door hatchback rival for Nissan's well-entrenched Leaf EV....
Following the appearance of those infamous S90 pics a couple of months back, now it's the turn of the V90 to hit the web - as a model car....
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030