Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar....
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show....
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Citroën & Lamborghini concepts
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)