Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mi...
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan....
Interesting development in the news at Audi. There's a robot on the assembly line that works with the humans....
If you live in North America and want to buy an Opel, you head for your friendly Buick corner store and drive home in a shiny new Regal built in Canada, though launch models a few years back actually ...
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Honda chief quits
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)