Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts....
While various parties figure out What To Do with the Hoegh Osaka and its valuable cargo of Jaguar Land Rover, Mini, Rolls-Royce and JCB products, here's how things turned out the last time we covered ...
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- COMMENT: Deckchair army surveys smart Hoegh work
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- JLR's 'Bike Sense' technology
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Toyota puts the brakes on sales expectations
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European chart
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029