Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
Mercedes-Benz has wasted no time in basking in Germany's reflected glory of winning the World Cup on Sunday night and becoming the first side since reunification to lift the golden trophy....
We can forget just how amazing some of the technology in the latest production cars is. This video from HMA is a terrific reminder....
TMC continues to promote Japan's Ha-Mo car sharing scheme via its own i-Road commuter model. The latest promotional video is worth a look....
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- Global light vehicle market developments
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Ford changes R&D chief
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Ford Europe finally makes a pre-tax buck