Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
What would a new version of the original Volkswagen Transporter look like, using the latest T6 model as the base vehicle? The answer to that question is fascinating to see....
Consolidation in the supplier sector continues apace. Companies are positioning themselves to be well placed for future growth; that means reviewing product portfolios, technology capabilities, market...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- GM's Opel promises Europe a "revolutionary" EV
- Geneva premieres list - 6.6-litre BMW world debut