Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell), ...
Mitsubishi is in the news today and it reminded me of a bit of history. Some of you may recall the auto industry and Japanese public were stunned when it emerged in the summer of 2000 that Mitsubishi ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- Autonomous cars to shake up car insurance
- Volvo Cars swings to profit in Q1