Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
I have recently met a man with what you might describe as a bit of a job on his hands....
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market