Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
Ken Block is back. In a Ford. But it's not a Fiesta....
Tesla Motors tends not to issue factual, dry media releases. Take this one, its most recent, concerning some upgrades made at its Fremont factory....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: McLaren 625C
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app
- Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim
- Bill Ford highlights connectivity opportunity