Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
Renault's 2014 Annual Report is now out, released at yesterday's AGM at which the French government and Carlos Ghosn were competing for voting rights....
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day....
Jiangling brand Landwind is causing waves at Shanghai with its X7 SUV that bears a very strong resemblance to Land Rover's hugely successful Range Rover Evoque....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: VW's 'master tactician' falls
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 'Bye Twin Gate, hello hatchback
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Peugeot 308 GT BlueHDi
- COMMENT: Labour Day Paris putsch at Renault
- Q&A with Olaf Bongwald, VP, Magna Electronics
- Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- Ford Otosan opens big new R&D centre
- Hyundai's Genesis re-worked for UK market
- Furious Renault mulls options at AGM setback
- UK engineer body hails EU Parliament eCall backing
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029