Blog: Cheapskate air-con
Graeme Roberts | 5 December 2012
Ever heard of a swamp cooler? Me neither, until today.
Turns out it's a poor man's car air conditioner from back in the day. Mount to window, fill with ice, let 'er rip.
Looks to me like a variation of the home 'air cooler' which I have known people to buy thinking they were actually getting a portable 'air conditioner'. That requires proper refrigeration, which is how Rolls-Royce used to describe its a/c, also back in the day.
'Make hay while the sun shines' is an old saying that underlines the importance of making the most of clement conditions while you can, for tomorrow, weather conditions may not be so favourable....
Well, the news today that the Top Gear presenter trio plus producer Andy Wilman will produce a new show broadcast on the Amazon Prime video streaming service comes as no great surprise....
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination....
Its official debut might be just under two months away at the Frankfurt IAA, but the mid-life refresh for the 911 has been seen in public. The pics have appeared, inevitably, on FaceBook....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Lear and Dräxlmaier on auto wiring harness trends
- JLR clarifies ASEAN expansion goals
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- China market slowdown fears mount
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030