Blog: Cal, of those California commercials, passes
Graeme Roberts | 10 September 2013
Few Californians will not have heard of Cal Worthington, the car dealer known for his mad TV ads.
He achieved quite a lot of fame. After such success, and a bit of failure along the way, it's interesting to learn he wasn't all that keen on selling cars. Always wanted to be a pilot.
Sectors: Retailing, marketing & distribution
A spokesman for Renault has told just-auto that "a D segment sedan and wagon" range will replace the current Laguna and Latitude/Safrane models. There will not be a successor for the Laguna coupe....
Overseas readers may be picking up media reports of a 'fracas' and a presenter's suspension at popular BBC TV programme Top Gear and wondering what's going on....
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week....
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Chinese scoop up Pirelli
- Q&A with Victrex
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- New York show debuts: Scion iA added
- EU 2021 CO2 targets will be difficult for premiums
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover announces GBP 600m spend