Blog: Cal, of those California commercials, passes
Graeme Roberts | 10 September 2013
Few Californians will not have heard of Cal Worthington, the car dealer known for his mad TV ads.
He achieved quite a lot of fame. After such success, and a bit of failure along the way, it's interesting to learn he wasn't all that keen on selling cars. Always wanted to be a pilot.
Sectors: Retailing, marketing & distribution
Ford has continued its idea of assembling a Mustang high up inside a skyscraper. First it was done in New York, now in Dubai. But look closely at who was putting the car together....
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places....
Ken Block is back. In a Ford. But it's not a Fiesta....
Ford's Lincoln brand has officially introduced "Lincoln Black Label", something it says will redefine what it means to shop for, purchase and own a luxury automobile....
Tesla Motors tends not to issue factual, dry media releases. Take this one, its most recent, concerning some upgrades made at its Fremont factory....
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app