Blog: Cal, of those California commercials, passes
Graeme Roberts | 10 September 2013
Few Californians will not have heard of Cal Worthington, the car dealer known for his mad TV ads.
He achieved quite a lot of fame. After such success, and a bit of failure along the way, it's interesting to learn he wasn't all that keen on selling cars. Always wanted to be a pilot.
Sectors: Retailing, marketing & distribution
UK labour body, Unite, is expressing surprise no-one came in with a bid for Unipart Automotive, which yesterday (24 July) went into administration with the loss of more than 1,200 jobs....
BMW has launched its ActiveHybrid 7 sedan in India for INR13.5m (US$224,952), reported Press Trust of India....
Mercedes-Benz has wasted no time in basking in Germany's reflected glory of winning the World Cup on Sunday night and becoming the first side since reunification to lift the golden trophy....
Mercedes-Benz has opened its new Shanghai Training Centre, the brand's largest passenger car training site globally....
We can forget just how amazing some of the technology in the latest production cars is. This video from HMA is a terrific reminder....
TMC continues to promote Japan's Ha-Mo car sharing scheme via its own i-Road commuter model. The latest promotional video is worth a look....
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- Daimler - Q2 results insight
- Global light vehicle market developments
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Results season again
- Ford Europe finally makes a pre-tax buck
- Union puzzled no buyer for Unipart Automotive
- New boss for Lincoln as Fields acts swiftly
- Jaguar Land Rover buys British classic cars hoard
- Warwick University chosen as APC hub