Blog: Cal, of those California commercials, passes
Graeme Roberts | 10 September 2013
Few Californians will not have heard of Cal Worthington, the car dealer known for his mad TV ads.
He achieved quite a lot of fame. After such success, and a bit of failure along the way, it's interesting to learn he wasn't all that keen on selling cars. Always wanted to be a pilot.
Sectors: Retailing, marketing & distribution
Malaysian diversified conglomerate Sime Darby has cancelled an initial public offering (IPO) for its automotive business which was aimed at raising up to US$500m....
Renault's 2014 Annual Report is now out, released at yesterday's AGM at which the French government and Carlos Ghosn were competing for voting rights....
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day....
Jiangling brand Landwind is causing waves at Shanghai with its X7 SUV that bears a very strong resemblance to Land Rover's hugely successful Range Rover Evoque....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: VW's 'master tactician' falls
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 'Bye Twin Gate, hello hatchback
- COMMENT: Labour Day Paris putsch at Renault
- ANALYSIS: ASEAN vehicle market stuck in a low gear
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: New BlueHDi tech for Citroën C4
- Visteon to shut down tech centre
- EPS corrosion prompts 487,000 unit Ford recall
- Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- GM refocuses on India, targets low-cost growth
- Delphi poised for 'major acquisition' this year
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029