Blog: Bristol Cars comes back to life
Glenn Brooks | 16 February 2012
Not much has been heard from Bristol Cars since it collapsed into administration in March 2011. But today there is news of fresh management and plans for a plug-in luxury car.
This small firm, which is keeping its HQ and sole showroom in the west London suburb of Kensington, has signed as its new MD the son of the man who founded the Bristol Car Company in 1945. George White, whose late father was founding managing director, is to act as chairman of the firm's advisory board. Julian Ramshaw will take the role of general manager while Lady White becomes an advisor to the firm.
As well as announcing the new man in charge, Frazer-Nash Research, the firm which rescued the carmaker in April of last year, now says it is working on what it terms a 'luxury, high-performance range-extender Bristol'. No word on what, if any future there might be for the old cars, the Fighter and Blenheim 3.
Well, the news today that the Top Gear presenter trio plus producer Andy Wilman will produce a new show broadcast on the Amazon Prime video streaming service comes as no great surprise....
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination....
Its official debut might be just under two months away at the Frankfurt IAA, but the mid-life refresh for the 911 has been seen in public. The pics have appeared, inevitably, on FaceBook....
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Lear and Dräxlmaier on auto wiring harness trends
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- JLR clarifies ASEAN expansion goals
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Audi brand sets first half sales record
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030