Blog: Bristol Cars comes back to life
Glenn Brooks | 16 February 2012
Not much has been heard from Bristol Cars since it collapsed into administration in March 2011. But today there is news of fresh management and plans for a plug-in luxury car.
This small firm, which is keeping its HQ and sole showroom in the west London suburb of Kensington, has signed as its new MD the son of the man who founded the Bristol Car Company in 1945. George White, whose late father was founding managing director, is to act as chairman of the firm's advisory board. Julian Ramshaw will take the role of general manager while Lady White becomes an advisor to the firm.
As well as announcing the new man in charge, Frazer-Nash Research, the firm which rescued the carmaker in April of last year, now says it is working on what it terms a 'luxury, high-performance range-extender Bristol'. No word on what, if any future there might be for the old cars, the Fighter and Blenheim 3.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar....
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show....
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)