Blog: Bristol Cars comes back to life
Glenn Brooks | 16 February 2012
Not much has been heard from Bristol Cars since it collapsed into administration in March 2011. But today there is news of fresh management and plans for a plug-in luxury car.
This small firm, which is keeping its HQ and sole showroom in the west London suburb of Kensington, has signed as its new MD the son of the man who founded the Bristol Car Company in 1945. George White, whose late father was founding managing director, is to act as chairman of the firm's advisory board. Julian Ramshaw will take the role of general manager while Lady White becomes an advisor to the firm.
As well as announcing the new man in charge, Frazer-Nash Research, the firm which rescued the carmaker in April of last year, now says it is working on what it terms a 'luxury, high-performance range-extender Bristol'. No word on what, if any future there might be for the old cars, the Fighter and Blenheim 3.
This is really nicely done - an ingenious way of linking the five-door Civic to the forthcoming, 280+PS Type R....
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not a...
It's rare that a writer on one publication will take direct aim at another publication's work....
SEAT has sent a drone up to film outside and inside its 2.8 million m2 Martorell plant....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018