Blog: A Qoros of questions
Dave Leggett | 20 February 2013
Qoros is a new car brand name that we are sure to hear more about. The project itself, the vision, the Chinese origins matched with international talent, all add up to an intriguing proposition. Starting from scratch in the premium area of the car market is a huge challenge. Will it fly in China as a premium brand with an international feel? How will the cars be pitched in export markets? Could it be 'near premium' - like Honda say, or Lexus in the US with its rebadged Toyotas for that market - rather than be mixing it with the big beast premium brands from Germany? Is there a space for a new brand? Lots of questions. A Qoros of them, actually. Nice summary below from Mark 'Coolbear' Bursa of where we are now with this new brand and its plans. It's a contrast from those scary ADAC crash tests of a few years back. Apologies for the Qoros of cheap puns.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar....
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show....
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Citroën & Lamborghini concepts
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)