Blog: A Qoros of questions
Dave Leggett | 20 February 2013
Qoros is a new car brand name that we are sure to hear more about. The project itself, the vision, the Chinese origins matched with international talent, all add up to an intriguing proposition. Starting from scratch in the premium area of the car market is a huge challenge. Will it fly in China as a premium brand with an international feel? How will the cars be pitched in export markets? Could it be 'near premium' - like Honda say, or Lexus in the US with its rebadged Toyotas for that market - rather than be mixing it with the big beast premium brands from Germany? Is there a space for a new brand? Lots of questions. A Qoros of them, actually. Nice summary below from Mark 'Coolbear' Bursa of where we are now with this new brand and its plans. It's a contrast from those scary ADAC crash tests of a few years back. Apologies for the Qoros of cheap puns.
Let me begin 2016 by wishing everyone reading this a very Happy New Year! If you had a festive break, I hope it was a good one. It seemed to pass rather quickly for me, as ever....
- Clio R.S. 220 Trophy & future Renaults
- Q&A - Visteon CEO Sachin Lawande
- COMMENT - Detroit basks but for how long?
- THE WEEK - New car, mergers, results, Iran
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors VP Q&A
- Ford Europe looks to cut staff
- Geneva premieres list - Bentley Mulsanne facelift
- Spreading virus prompts Tata to re-name new model
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo - world premieres list
- Toyota to axe Scion youth brand