Blog: A Qoros of questions
Dave Leggett | 20 February 2013
Qoros is a new car brand name that we are sure to hear more about. The project itself, the vision, the Chinese origins matched with international talent, all add up to an intriguing proposition. Starting from scratch in the premium area of the car market is a huge challenge. Will it fly in China as a premium brand with an international feel? How will the cars be pitched in export markets? Could it be 'near premium' - like Honda say, or Lexus in the US with its rebadged Toyotas for that market - rather than be mixing it with the big beast premium brands from Germany? Is there a space for a new brand? Lots of questions. A Qoros of them, actually. Nice summary below from Mark 'Coolbear' Bursa of where we are now with this new brand and its plans. It's a contrast from those scary ADAC crash tests of a few years back. Apologies for the Qoros of cheap puns.
Sadly, returned vets don't always get the help they need, returning to civvy life with physical and mental scars yet to heal fully....
The hype over Tesla's so-called 'Gigafactory' is reaching new levels with the release of drone footage showing its sheer size....
LMC Automotive has a forecasting event with a very strong European focus coming up....
Earlier this year, Opel said that CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann would expand his social communication activities to LinkedIn as a member of the "influencer" programme limited to 500 participants worldwide...
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - platforms to go to
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Delphi Powertrain VP on compliance - Q&A
- Geely/Volvo architecture cooperation bears fruit
- Peugeot reveals revamped 3008 compact SUV
- Tesla chooses Mando for autonomous technology
- US and UK motorists divided on driverless cars
- GKN wins plug-in AWD axle deal
- Volvo previews 2017 40 series on CMA platform