Blog: A Qoros of questions
Dave Leggett | 20 February 2013
Qoros is a new car brand name that we are sure to hear more about. The project itself, the vision, the Chinese origins matched with international talent, all add up to an intriguing proposition. Starting from scratch in the premium area of the car market is a huge challenge. Will it fly in China as a premium brand with an international feel? How will the cars be pitched in export markets? Could it be 'near premium' - like Honda say, or Lexus in the US with its rebadged Toyotas for that market - rather than be mixing it with the big beast premium brands from Germany? Is there a space for a new brand? Lots of questions. A Qoros of them, actually. Nice summary below from Mark 'Coolbear' Bursa of where we are now with this new brand and its plans. It's a contrast from those scary ADAC crash tests of a few years back. Apologies for the Qoros of cheap puns.
I have recently met a man with what you might describe as a bit of a job on his hands....
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart fortwo cabrio
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030