Blog: A Qoros of questions
Dave Leggett | 20 February 2013
Qoros is a new car brand name that we are sure to hear more about. The project itself, the vision, the Chinese origins matched with international talent, all add up to an intriguing proposition. Starting from scratch in the premium area of the car market is a huge challenge. Will it fly in China as a premium brand with an international feel? How will the cars be pitched in export markets? Could it be 'near premium' - like Honda say, or Lexus in the US with its rebadged Toyotas for that market - rather than be mixing it with the big beast premium brands from Germany? Is there a space for a new brand? Lots of questions. A Qoros of them, actually. Nice summary below from Mark 'Coolbear' Bursa of where we are now with this new brand and its plans. It's a contrast from those scary ADAC crash tests of a few years back. Apologies for the Qoros of cheap puns.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- Brexit could lift UK auto production – Asian view
- Ford and Lincoln future models into the 2020s
- Audi S8 plus - if 585PS just isn’t enough power
- BMW's factory modifications for ageing workforce
- Rise of the manufacturing ‘bots - Comment
- Mixed reaction to Tesla's latest plans
- Why has Teslamotors.com become Tesla.com?
- General Motors Europe in profit as records tumble
- Hyundai's Genesis G90 outsells German luxury cars
- Ford announces management changes in Europe