Blog: 644km on one charge: has Tesla solved range anxiety?
Glenn Brooks | 13 December 2012
The Guinness Book of Records is assessing the validity of a claim by a US-based man who says he just travelled over 400 miles in Tesla's new Model S.
Let's wait and see what the results of Guinness' investigations show before we declare Tesla's high performance hatchback immune to range anxiety.
Meanwhile, I see Wired has a video review of the car's new 4.0 software upgrade. It's worth a look just to see the Model S's door handles slide silently out from their flush positions as the driver approaches the car.
Overseas readers may be picking up media reports of a 'fracas' and a presenter's suspension at popular BBC TV programme Top Gear and wondering what's going on....
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week....
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Chinese scoop up Pirelli
- Q&A with Victrex
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- New York show debuts: Scion iA added
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover announces GBP 600m spend
- CLEPA pays tribute to auto air crash victims