Blog: 644km on one charge: has Tesla solved range anxiety?
Glenn Brooks | 13 December 2012
The Guinness Book of Records is assessing the validity of a claim by a US-based man who says he just travelled over 400 miles in Tesla's new Model S.
Let's wait and see what the results of Guinness' investigations show before we declare Tesla's high performance hatchback immune to range anxiety.
Meanwhile, I see Wired has a video review of the car's new 4.0 software upgrade. It's worth a look just to see the Model S's door handles slide silently out from their flush positions as the driver approaches the car.
I'm starting to get a small idea of the scale of things here in China, but really, I'm only scratching the surface of this vast country....
Given the startling complexity of obtaining a journalist visa for China - the code 'J2' is now indelibly stamped on my mind - it was with some surprise how swiftly I managed to sail through airport im...
- VW's amazing new 1.0-litre Golf engine - Analysis
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Toyota finally makes an economical Prius
- Volkswagen’s steady hand on the tiller - Comment
- Monroe riding high on the suspension market
- VW to axe 40 models - report
- Ex-VW CEO Winterkorn under investigation
- Fuel economy scandal pushes MMC deep into red
- NEVS drops Saab as it establishes identity
- EC admits it "made mistakes" as UK about to vote