Blog: 644km on one charge: has Tesla solved range anxiety?
Glenn Brooks | 13 December 2012
The Guinness Book of Records is assessing the validity of a claim by a US-based man who says he just travelled over 400 miles in Tesla's new Model S.
Let's wait and see what the results of Guinness' investigations show before we declare Tesla's high performance hatchback immune to range anxiety.
Meanwhile, I see Wired has a video review of the car's new 4.0 software upgrade. It's worth a look just to see the Model S's door handles slide silently out from their flush positions as the driver approaches the car.
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out....
Interesting comment about my earlier blog on US octane ratings from our Brazilian correspondent Fernando Calmon....
Ever been bemused at the low octane ratings of US petrol? Pull up to a pump and you get options like 87, 89, 93....
This three and a bit minutes video takes you inside the soon to be expanded plant where BMW makes the new X4....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018