Blog: 644km on one charge: has Tesla solved range anxiety?
Glenn Brooks | 13 December 2012
The Guinness Book of Records is assessing the validity of a claim by a US-based man who says he just travelled over 400 miles in Tesla's new Model S.
Let's wait and see what the results of Guinness' investigations show before we declare Tesla's high performance hatchback immune to range anxiety.
Meanwhile, I see Wired has a video review of the car's new 4.0 software upgrade. It's worth a look just to see the Model S's door handles slide silently out from their flush positions as the driver approaches the car.
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell), ...
Mitsubishi is in the news today and it reminded me of a bit of history. Some of you may recall the auto industry and Japanese public were stunned when it emerged in the summer of 2000 that Mitsubishi ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- JLR achieves aluminium recycling milestone
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- Ford books record Q1 pre-tax profit
- Mitsubishi orders plunge in crisis