The automotive business blog from Simon Warburton
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Simon Warburton.
Michelin highlights DS cooperation 26 May 15
Michelin has long cooperated with Citroen's DS range with its adjustable suspension system making it possible to conduct precise trials...
"Difficult and beautiful" in Russia 19 Mar 15
Despite fears numbers would be down, this year's Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) kicked off in Moscow with a healthy attendance that belied the undoubted economic challenges the country faces...
Winter thaw sees Moscow shine 16 Mar 15
It really is Spring sat here in Moscow and while not exactly scorchio, the sun is beating down on this most vibrant of cities, which seems to have rid itself of its once oily, heavy air...
Interview with Bo Andersson 5 Feb 15
I'm looking at attending the upcoming Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) event in Moscow...
Mercedes-Benz has wasted no time in basking in Germany's reflected glory of winning the World Cup on Sunday night and becoming the first side since reunification to lift the golden trophy...
Lockdown in St Petersburg 23 May 14
It's perhaps no huge surprise security is taken so seriously at this year's Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, but the sheer scale of the precautions is overwhelming...
Maintaining clearness in St Petersburg 21 May 14
I'm not sure if I expected icebergs floating down the river in St Petersburg in May, but what I certainly didn't bank on was a 30C wall of heat ahead of this year's International Economic Forum (SPIEF), which I'm attending for the first time this week...
Metering expectations 16 Jan 14
Huge sheets of ice are progressing in a stately manner down the Detroit River outside the Cobo and with forecast of snow this afternoon, it will feel more like Michigan in January than yesterday's almost balmy temperatures...
Swish Cobo kicks off Detroit show 14 Jan 14
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining...
Cold no problem for hardy Detroit 11 Jan 14
It'll take more than a Polar Vortex to affect next week's North American International Auto Show, but I bet the organisers in Detroit are breathing a whole lot easier now that -23C temperatures and driving snow have largely disappeared...
- COMMENT: ADAS rollout comes with human issues
- COMMENT: Why the VW Touareg Hybrid had to die
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: London on the show circuit?
- Chinese brands have failed to catch on in Brazil
- London coming back on motor show circuit
- Finally, Ford's Mustang is 'official' for Europe
- Marchionne merger overtures to GM's Barra rebuffed
- Volvo China plant starts US exports
- Heavy Duty Trucks Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029