The automotive business blog from Simon Warburton
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Simon Warburton.
Metering expectations 16 Jan 14
Huge sheets of ice are progressing in a stately manner down the Detroit River outside the Cobo and with forecast of snow this afternoon, it will feel more like Michigan in January than yesterday's almost balmy temperatures...
Swish Cobo kicks off Detroit show 14 Jan 14
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining...
Cold no problem for hardy Detroit 11 Jan 14
It'll take more than a Polar Vortex to affect next week's North American International Auto Show, but I bet the organisers in Detroit are breathing a whole lot easier now that -23C temperatures and driving snow have largely disappeared...
Emeritus Professor just the ticket 6 Dec 13
I'm making my way back from last night's Welsh Automotive Forum (WAF) dinner at the Vale Hotel near Cardiff - a venue used by the Wales rugby team whose pictures liberally adorn the walls - and my first time at the event...
Worth stopping in north east France 15 Nov 13
I'm writing this 600ft under the English Channel on the still-impressive Eurostar thundering its way from Lille to London St Pancras after two days spent looking at the series of north-east France automotive clusters...
Networking in Gothenburg 10 Oct 13
My hotel in Gothenburg's hosting an undertaker's company conference - not something I've ever encountered before - but it is and a cheerful bunch they are too...
Autumn has arrived with a vengance in this part of Western Sweden where I am for the FKG Annual Suppliers Forum tomorrow (10 October), a fact made very obvious out of my train window en route from Gothenburg to Saab's hometown of Trollhattan...
Sweden looks to reinforce UK ties 8 Oct 13
I've often believed Swedes and the Brits to be of fairly similar ilk - hewn from the same northern granite and all that - a thought reinforced again this afternoon as I was changing some Sterling at the airport for my trip to the Scandinavian Annual Suppliers (FKG) Forum in Gothenburg...
Powering future engineers 19 Jul 13
Wednesday (17 July) this week saw the Royal Academy of Engineering Awards Dinner in London, but not at just any old venue...
Respected passenger comrades 11 Apr 13
First day proper of the Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) in Moscow and we started bright-eyed and bushy-tailed first thing with a series of presentations by Russian government officials from Kaluga, Sverdlovsk and the Duma Parliament in Moscow...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: world debuts list updated
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Magna announces Nissan liftgate first
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028