The automotive business blog from Simon Warburton
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Simon Warburton.
Sparkle in the rain 29 Oct 15
To the backdrop of bright autumnal sunshine - not to mention a certain German automaker's woes - this year's recent FKG Suppliers Forum in Gothenburg fused a heady mixture of knowledge exchange and networking...
Fried cabbage's off 15 Jul 15
Attending the recent Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, security was as tight as I've experienced anywhere...
Taxing questions in France 26 Jun 15
It's been an eventful week in French industrial relations - and that's a competitive field - as the country's hard-wired unionism exerts a summer push...
Going underground 19 Jun 15
It became clear to me just why the Russians were so twitchy about letting any old foreigner in to Nizhny Novgorod until around 1992, after talking to GAZ CEO, Vadim Sorokin from his eyrie on the 14th floor of the automaker's HQ in the same city this week...
New Bosch president starts royally 5 Jun 15
New UK Bosch president, Steffen Hoffmann has only been in post a couple of months, but has clearly already moving in some very exalted circles indeed...
Michelin highlights DS cooperation 26 May 15
Michelin has long cooperated with Citroen's DS range with its adjustable suspension system making it possible to conduct precise trials...
"Difficult and beautiful" in Russia 19 Mar 15
Despite fears numbers would be down, this year's Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) kicked off in Moscow with a healthy attendance that belied the undoubted economic challenges the country faces...
Winter thaw sees Moscow shine 16 Mar 15
It really is Spring sat here in Moscow and while not exactly scorchio, the sun is beating down on this most vibrant of cities, which seems to have rid itself of its once oily, heavy air...
Interview with Bo Andersson 5 Feb 15
I'm looking at attending the upcoming Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) event in Moscow...
Mercedes-Benz has wasted no time in basking in Germany's reflected glory of winning the World Cup on Sunday night and becoming the first side since reunification to lift the golden trophy...
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030