Vehicle product & design: Latest news and analysis articles
There has been a flurry of announcements in recent weeks concerning the next wave of high-tech components....
The redesigned Clubman has taken BMW's English brand into new territory where Mini previously dared not tread - would you believe C segment?...
The plug-in hybrid version of the Outlander has been a strong seller for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK and many other European markets. Now co...
It’s a conundrum for Toyota Motor Europe - how to justify staying in the declining D segment? Volkswagen, Opel-Vauxhall and Ford leverage th...
At the 2015 IAA, Calum MacRae spoke with Rolf Deges, Vehicle Line Director, CD-cars and covered Ford’s product development process, AWD developments and the challenges that connectivity brings.
In the second of a two-part Q&A, Paul Philpott reveals when Kia will launch a B-crossover, how he won't rule out one day outselling Toyota, and the secret of how a cheap cars brand became one now selling GBP40,000-plus models.
Citroen is looking to re-establish its reputation for being unconventional, or even quirky, as it aims to boost sales from 1.2m to 1.6m globally by 2020.
The following vehicles were world premieres at the 2015 Los Angeles auto show.
MG says it has upgraded the MG3 model’s 1.5-litre gasoline powertrain for the 2016 model year to boost its efficiency. The revised model also comes with an updated personalisation range and a new chrome grille.
Opel is claiming that an innovation on the new Astra model helps to make the cabin “a warm and welcoming personal wellness oasis”.
Ford's European unit is using active noise control in its Mondeo Vignale [US readers, a poshed-up Fusion] with three microphones strategically placed in the cabin, to detect undesirable noises from the engine and transmission. The system counteracts those noises with opposing sound waves from the audio system – without affecting volume levels of music and conversation. Driver and vehicle behaviour is recorded and anticipated, for example when a driver is accelerating in a lower gear.
The world premieres of several vehicles from FCA and GM took place at the 2015 Dubai International Motor show.
News just in from China suggests a Toyota joint venture there - via a new China-only brand - is readying what might be a decent five door hatchback rival for Nissan's well-entrenched Leaf EV.
Following the appearance of those infamous S90 pics a couple of months back, now it's the turn of the V90 to hit the web - as a model car.
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030