Vehicle markets: Latest news and analysis articles
The big news on just-auto this week was Mitsubishi Motors finally calling time on US manufacturing....
GM Europe's Mokka is one of the most successful B-SUVs in the region, but does that mean that few people are interested in a pricey Corsa? N...
Just as in Europe, India or the USA, looking at China as one market doesn't give you the full picture. Differences across geographical areas...
Toyota's GB's 50th birthday announcement it would launch the Mirai this September attracted a lot of interest on just-auto this week, as wel...
There years ago this month Paul Philpott became the managing director of Kia Motors for the UK and Ireland. This followed a stint at Kia Motors Europe (KME) in Frankfurt and prior to that, senior roles at Ford of Britain and Toyota GB.
Carl Bayliss recently returned to his homeland after a decade in Hong Kong. He is the new country manager for Infiniti UK, responsible for all business activities including Sales, Marketing and Network Development.
China’s Chery Automobile said it exported 50,130 vehicles in the first half of 2015, more than 25% of all Chinese vehicle exports in that period.
Chinese automaker Dongfeng Sokon Motor (DFSK), a joint venture between Dongfeng Motor and Sokon Motor, is gearing up to produce vehicles in Indonesia, according to local reports.
General Motors has named a new chief for South America.
New vehicle sales in Malaysia fell 1.8% to 57,437 units in June, compared with 58,561 units a year earlier, according to the Malaysian Automotive Association (MAA).
As news reports in Japan suggested at the end of last week, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has decided to pull the plug on production at its US plant in Normal Illinois.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, hit at the weekend with a record recall-related fine, is recalling Ram trucks because an airbag could inflate unexpectedly.
Ping goes the inbox and there's the weekly recall notification list from the US government's road safety regulator, the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (or NHTSA or even 'Nit-sa' for short in the local vernacular).
There are various museums back home in Japan but I was not aware of any Japanese automaker setting up a major facility abroad until I received this news about Honda's new US Heritage Center in Marysville, Ohio.
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- General Motors' $1bn plan includes Halol closure
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Iranian suppliers mull UK/US cooperation hope
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030