Vehicle manufacturing: Latest news and analysis articles
PSA's Carlos Tavares wasted little time getting his feet under the CEO's table before announcing he was getting the pruning knife out to hac...
There's a tale told that Leonard Lord, head of British Motor Corporation (the merged Austin and Morris post-war), eyed Isetta bubble cars an...
It was a record March and first quarter for Audi, globally and in Britain. To stay ahead of BMW and Mercedes-Benz, more crossovers, includin...
Mitsubishi Motors UK's MD is making a bold claim for a brand which retailed 2,700 passenger vehicles in Q1: he wants to sell 3,000-10,000 un...
Yoo Il Lee, a former senior executive with Hyundai Motor, came out of retirement three years ago to run SsangYong Motor, having been appointed by a bankruptcy court. The now profitable firm has ambitious plans, Glenn Brooks hears.
Marcus Osegowitsch is general director, Volkswagen Group Rus and Simon Warburton caught up with him on the sidelines of this year's Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow.
Brazil’s current weak auto sales, likely to spill over from 2014 into 2015, seems to be far from the best background for the huge investment just made by Nissan in Resende, 100 miles northwest of Rio de Janeiro City.
National Electric Vehicle Sweden (Nevs) says it now employs more than 700 people at its Trollhättan plant in Western Sweden as 9-3 production starts to ramp up.
In a bid to tackle declining volumes in recent years and boost plant viability and margins, Tata is reworking production at its six plants.
The media preview days for the 2014 New York International Auto Show are 16 & 17 April. The debuts list is being continuously updated as OEMs announce concepts and production vehicles.
Mahindra & Mahindra seventh automotive plant in Tamil Nadu will start operations by 2015-16 with a completely new model range, a local media report said.
Nissan has officially opened its BRL$2.6bn (US$1.5bn) factory complex in Resende, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil which is one of the largest automotive investments by any manufacturer in the country.
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out.
This three and a bit minutes video takes you inside the soon to be expanded plant where BMW makes the new X4.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018