Vehicle manufacturing: Latest news and analysis articles
Last week saw Scandinavian automotive supplier body FKG's Annual Forum in Gothenburg, bringing together more than 400 component producers, p...
It's as if the Cold War never went away....
Audi, or Peugeot? No contest. But what if the question is instead TT or RCZ R? Trickier. It would be ironic if PSA's cost cutting means this...
The weekend's news Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover is 'talking to southern states' about establishing a factory in the United States is an in...
In the second and final part of an interview with Maxim Picat, the head of Peugeot explains why the brand cannot launch a low-cost model, and details plans for new energy cars.
Can Peugeot become a near-premium brand, in time? CEO Maxim Picat believes it can. Here, he discusses progress on future vehicles and powertrains, and challenges the suggestion that rivals for Dacia and Renault's Logan and Sandero are needed.
Making use of its new 9,600 units a year quota limit for additional IPI excise tax exemption, Honda is, for the first time, importing the Civic Si 2-door coupe version - from Canada.
Production of the redesigned Mazda 2 (Demio in Japan) has started at the automaker’s new plant in Mexico.
Mercedes-Benz plans to assemble its next generation Sprinter commercial van in North America.
FCA has added a new model for the Mexican market's 2015 model year: the RAM 700. This small pick-up is a rebadged Fiat Strada Adventure and is imported from Brazil.
Volvo says it is looking to double its market share to 2% in order to offer an alternative to German brands.
Automakers in the UK have boosted output in the calendar year to date to the highest level since 2008, producing 1,132,017 units – up just 0.6% year on year.
Sometimes the answer to "Why?" can be answered "Just because..." As in this video made by Lexus Poland as part of its launch of the NX mid-size SUV line.
A tour of Detroit at the weekend brought me to Henry Ford's house.
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- COMMENT: FKG keeps ears on the track in Gothenburg
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- UK: Vauxhall goes after Ford with Corsa pricing
- Britain better off inside a reformed EU - UK PM
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report