Vehicle manufacturing: Latest news and analysis articles
Thanks to a greatly improved yen-sterling exchange rate, Subaru's UK importer is now bringing in the Impreza once more. It might be a little...
Toyota has had its fair share of problems to contend with in recent years. However, there are now signs that the company is raising its glob...
There was a palplable air of excitement throughout just-auto's brief tour of Honda Motor Europe's Swindon. Newly named a global hub for the...
Dunno 'bout you but 2015 seems to be flying by waaaay too fast - where did yet another week go?...
Carl Bayliss recently returned to his homeland after a decade in Hong Kong. He is the new country manager for Infiniti UK, responsible for all business activities including Sales, Marketing and Network Development.
In the light of continued losses in Europe, Ford Europe COO Barb Samardzich has updated just-auto on the company's assessment of the business environment and its strategy to get back to sustainable profitability.
Scandinavian supplier association, FKG, says its visit to Iran this week has "exceeded" expectations as Tehran anxiously waits to see if current draconian international economic sanctions are lifted or not in June.
Lower petrol prices in the United States has reduced demand so Ford is reducing output of compact and compact hybrid model by cutting a shift and laying off 700 workers.
Saipa is predicting the Iranian market could reach up to three million vehicles annually should sanctions against the country be lifted.
UK car output was up 1.9% in March according to the SMMT. It was the best March total since 2006.
Honda has revealed the fifth generation Step WGN. One of the most noteworthy features is a so-called 'Waku Waku' tailgate. This can opened like a door by third-row passengers.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) said Britain produced 9,648 vans and trucks in March, up 43.3% year on year.
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mirais a day.
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Lotus celebrates production milestone
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029