Vehicle manufacturing: Latest news and analysis articles
As those - all three of you - who honour me with your occasional presence on my self-curated 'just-auto' Facebook page may have guessed, whe...
Just when you thought things couldn't be any worse for the auto sector in Russia, up popped the AEB recently with its latest monthly instalm...
The Mini John Cooper Works is fast (of course), handles brilliantly (ditto) and is being launched as a three-door only (but a convertible an...
The Volkswagen Group is killing off two engines in the Touareg due to the anti-pollution requirements of Euro 6 emissions regulations in EU...
Carl Bayliss recently returned to his homeland after a decade in Hong Kong. He is the new country manager for Infiniti UK, responsible for all business activities including Sales, Marketing and Network Development.
In the light of continued losses in Europe, Ford Europe COO Barb Samardzich has updated just-auto on the company's assessment of the business environment and its strategy to get back to sustainable profitability.
National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) says new 'part-owner' Tianjin Binhai Hi-tech Industrial Development Area (THT) will plough US$200m into the Swedish automaker as it looks to build a new factory in China within two years for its EV breakthrough.
Inspired by an existing service in Paris – Autolibe runs a fleet of 3,000 electric cars with 75,000 registered users – Rio de Janeiro will be the first Brazilian city with an electric car sharing scheme.
Renault's powerful CGT (Confederation Generale du Travail) union says it members have resumed work at the French manufacturer's Turkish operation with their "heads held high."
Suzuki has opened its new Cikarang car assembly plant in the Greenland International Industrial Centre east of Jakarta.
A source within BMW Group has told just-auto that Project F57, the imminent next-generation Mini Convertible, will be manufactured by VDL Nedcar at its plant in Born. Production of the outgoing R57 series topless Mini has now ceased and the new model will soon be revealed.
Work has resumed at Renault's joint venture plant in Turkey following a walkout by around half the staff that appears to have centred around pay and union adherence.
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mirais a day.
Here's a chance to see details of Toyota's Mirai fuel cell car being manufactured at its Motomachi plant in Japan.
- COMMENT: ADAS rollout comes with human issues
- COMMENT: Why the VW Touareg Hybrid had to die
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: London on the show circuit?
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- Chinese brands have failed to catch on in Brazil
- London coming back on motor show circuit
- Finally, Ford's Mustang is 'official' for Europe
- Marchionne merger overtures to GM's Barra rebuffed
- Volvo China plant starts US exports
- Heavy Duty Trucks Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029