Vehicle manufacturers: Latest news and analysis articles
The big news on just-auto this week was Mitsubishi Motors finally calling time on US manufacturing....
Now in its fifth year, McLaren's road car company is a success in its own right. Just as well, given the performance of the Formula 1 team.....
One of the major reasons for Kia's phenomenal rise in recent years is its ability to produce specific models in and for the markets where th...
GM Europe's Mokka is one of the most successful B-SUVs in the region, but does that mean that few people are interested in a pricey Corsa? N...
In the second of a two-part Q&A, Paul Philpott reveals when Kia will launch a B-crossover, how he won't rule out one day outselling Toyota, and the secret of how a cheap cars brand became one now selling GBP40,000-plus models.
There years ago this month Paul Philpott became the managing director of Kia Motors for the UK and Ireland. This followed a stint at Kia Motors Europe (KME) in Frankfurt and prior to that, senior roles at Ford of Britain and Toyota GB.
Americans flocked to dealer lots in July, snapping up more than 1.5m cars and trucks, an increase of 5.3% from July 2014, well above analyst forecasts.
UK automotive body, The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) is calling for the current crisis engulfing the Port of Calais to be resolved quickly as component supply becomes ever-more problematic.
BMW Group booked record revenues and sales volumes in the second quarter of 2015 while profit before financial result (EBIT) for the first half beat EUR5bn for the first time.
Toyota's latest quarter profits were up 10% on last year, boosted by a weak yen and cost reductions. However, the positive result came in spite of the company seeing lower overall unit sales in the quarter. It also warned on the outlook for sales in China.
Domestic sales by South Korea’s five main automakers increased by 5.4% to 135,312 units in July, from 128,338 units in the same month of last year, according to data released individually by the vehicle manufacturers.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is investigating Harman car radios, following a recall by Fiat Chrysler of 1.4m cars and trucks due to a hacking vulnerability.
As one who has worked 'down in parts' in a previous life I have not a little sympathy for the warehouse and counter men and women at Hyundai Motor Company Australia's spare parts operation.
'Make hay while the sun shines' is an old saying that underlines the importance of making the most of clement conditions while you can, for tomorrow, weather conditions may not be so favourable.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Lear and Dräxlmaier on auto wiring harness trends
- JLR clarifies ASEAN expansion goals
- China market slowdown fears mount
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030