Technology/R&D: Latest news and analysis articles
How might Maserati attain its worldwide sales goal of 75,000 cars a year by 2018? By adding new models and offering more diesels. To judge b...
Audi, or Peugeot? No contest. But what if the question is instead TT or RCZ R? Trickier. It would be ironic if PSA's cost cutting means this...
The current Continental GT has been on the market since early 2011 but Bentley continues to expand and update the range. A great excuse for...
The Volkswagen Group didn't dominate the world premieres list, a 1970s DS21 devoid of Citroen badges was exhibited, Jaguar's XE drew only mo...
Allison, the automatic transmission specialists, is rolling out FuelSense, a fuel-saving solution that automatically adjusts shift schedules, selects neutral and manages vehicle acceleration to maximise transmission fuel economy. Last month, Kenworth became the third OEM to adopt the package. Manlio Alvaro, director of EMEA Marketing, tells just-auto that testing indicates FuelSense has the potential to reduce fuel consumption by up to 20 per cent when compared to the previous generation of Allison Electronic Controls without these fuel saving feature
In the second and final part of an interview with Maxim Picat, the head of Peugeot explains why the brand cannot launch a low-cost model, and details plans for new energy cars.
From 1 November, all cars and light commercial vehicles registered in European Union member states, with a GVW of fewer than 3.5 tonnes, must have ESP as standard equipment. The regulation will take effect for all other vehicles on 1 November 2015.
Visteon has developed a Human Machine Interface (HMI) concept based on eye movement.
BMW has now confirmed the world premieres of the X5 M and X6 M for November's LA international auto show.
Hyundai Motor has announced the first details of a new six-speed automatic transmission for its future hybrid cars.
Honda will introduce a new generation driver assist system with its redesigned Legend before the end of the year, adding a number of new functions including a claimed world-first 'pedestrian collision mitigation steering'.
The next-generation Audi A8 will be able to drive itself.
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not all that long.
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report