Technology/R&D: Latest news and analysis articles
There was an interesting development in the area of active safety and emerging advanced driver assistance technologies last week....
The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
Will the new plug-in Golf fry the Focus Electric and mulch the Leaf? It’s certainly good enough to become the sales leader in its class....
Last year's Vauxhall VXR8 not powerful enough for you? No problem, this year's GTS adds an Eaton supercharger, 150 more horsepower and a per...
As automakers increasingly use simulation to supplement their vehicle test programmes, just-auto spoke to Chris Hoyle, technical director of rFpro, a UK company that has modelled the Nordschleife circuit at the Nürburgring, Germany, with unprecedented accuracy.
The IT industry has made much of the benefits of a Cloud infrastructure, offering better security and less complex networks in the workplace. Infotainment specialist Harman with subsidiary Aha claims its use in the car could be equally effective. It is now offering OEMs and service providers a chance to use the Cloud beyond downloading apps, navigation updates or music. Understanding what features are being used by the end customer, finding software bugs, removing unused features, reducing recalls or targeting specific customers with updates and advertising are just some of the ideas that Harman claims it can offer with its new Aha Cloud Platform Analytics and Updates Service. just-auto spoke to Siegfried Schuler, Director Centre of Competence Aha, about the service and find out what OEMs are most interested in.
Sweden's new AstaZero proving ground says it is now discussing attracting more automakers and component producers to its site following its official opening yesterday (21 August) near Gothenburg.
Delphi Automotive has recently sold its one millionth electronically scanning radar (ESR) globally - a key milestone as car makers meet growing customer demand for new technologies that improve safety.
AstaZero has opened its new SEK500m (US$72.3m) safety systems proving ground near Gothenburg, Sweden, the first full-scale facility for future traffic safety
SAIC Motor and Alibaba Group, China's e-commerce giant, say they are to jointly develop cars offering access to a broad range of online content and services.
Opel says that assembly tools produced by a 3D printer are an increasingly important part of the production process.
Continental has formed a business unit headquartered in Silicon Valley to focus on high tech future transport solutions for the automotive industry.
We can forget just how amazing some of the technology in the latest production cars is. This video from HMA is a terrific reminder.
TMC continues to promote Japan's Ha-Mo car sharing scheme via its own i-Road commuter model. The latest promotional video is worth a look.
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- CHENGDU PREVIEW: DS 6
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times