Service suppliers/supply chain: Latest news and analysis articles
There was no escaping it - the proverbial elephant in the room formed the backdrop to this week's Moscow Motor Show just as it had in St Pet...
After weeks of what has seemed a phoney war of words between both sides, the stakes are starting to ramp up considerably between Russia and...
As sticking points go, South Africa's so-called 'peace clause' has proved exceptionally tricky to shift....
Is the National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA) interested in promoting its members' conditions and working with employers in...
Citroën C4 Cactus Chef de Projet Anne Ruthmann answers questions on key suppliers, lightweight technology, sales prospects and other topics.
Gian Maria Olivetti joned Federal-Mogul in 2007 as VP, pistons, rings and liners. He was previously at Fiat Group, where he was executive director, worldwide engines and transmissions, responsible for Iveco. He talked to Simon Warburton at Federal-Mogul's recent Media Technology Day at the company's Wiesbaden plant near Frankfurt about key elements of the business including legislation, the future of ICE engines, CO2 emissions and materials.
AvtoVAZ says it could generate a "couple of billion Roubles" in parts sales if it further leveraged its expertise in component manufacture.
Renault Russia says it is looking to up the localised content of its vehicles to 80% as the fallout from the current political turmoil involving Moscow and Ukraine continues to take its toll on the rouble.
NEVS, which has been attempting to revive Saab, has announced that, while it fully intends to pay creditors, it has nonetheless entered administration so as "to create more time for negotiations" [with potential investors].
Imposition of import restrictions into Russia on the automotive sector would "massively impact" business and could lead to dealerships being swamped says a major industy body in the country.
Lear has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Eagle Ottawa.
Toyota's US operations will move forward with the planning of a new facility on the York Township, MI campus of the Toyota Technical Center (TTC) to accommodate about 250 direct procurement positions currently based in Kentucky.
Huge sheets of ice are progressing in a stately manner down the Detroit River outside the Cobo and with forecast of snow this afternoon, it will feel more like Michigan in January than yesterday's almost balmy temperatures.
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining.
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029