Retailing & distribution: Latest news and analysis articles
Just back from what was my first ever Honda launch event to bring you news of the 2015 CR-V update for Europe, majoring, of course on a new...
So the saga of the Osaka is finally over - at least the seaborne element of it anyway - but perhaps now the real drama begins back at port i...
The new Fabia five-door hatchback, on sale this month in Britain, is shorter but roomier and weighs an average 65kg less, boasts the largest...
The market might have been up by 5.4% in 2014 but there were some surprising brands on the list of those which saw their sales effectively c...
The head of the UK distribution arm of SsangYong tells Dave Leggett that he expects the Korean brand to double its UK sales in 2015, boosted by the impact of the upcoming small SUV, Tivoli.
Russia, Lexus' number one market in its European region, might be down, but UK sales are up strongly. On balance then, 2014 has been a good year, according to the brand's Head of Europe. Next, he promises more hybrids but no diesels. Why?
Honda UK will finally start selling the redesigned Jazz (aka Fit) late this summer with dealers being told 'September', just-auto learned on the sidelines of the updated CR-V media launch.
Hoegh Autoliners says its giant Osaka carship is on the move and could even arrive back in the Port of Southampton by 17:00 local today (22 January).
Toyota Motor is setting up a new business division called Mekong Region Virtual Company to help drive sales growth in Indochina, including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.
Volkswagen could move ahead of Toyota as the world’s biggest carmaker by sales as the Japanese company projected a drop in annual its vehicle volume this year with demand dropping in its domestic as well as other key markets.
Toyota has broken ground on its new North American headquarters in Plano, Texas, using one of its own (San Antonio-built) V8 powered Tundra pickup trucks fitted with a plough.
Rapidly reducing list on the Hoegh Osaka could see the giant carship towed back into the Port of Southampton tomorrow afternoon (22 January), although unpredictable weather may yet delay her entry.
While various parties figure out What To Do with the Hoegh Osaka and its valuable cargo of Jaguar Land Rover, Mini, Rolls-Royce and JCB products, here's how things turned out the last time we covered such an event.
Sometimes the answer to "Why?" can be answered "Just because..." As in this video made by Lexus Poland as part of its launch of the NX mid-size SUV line.
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Fabia
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- JLR's 'Bike Sense' technology
- Midnight tow mulled as Hoegh to right 10 degrees
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- Ford starts Mustang shipments to Asia
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029