Forecasts: Latest news and analysis articles
The sales target might be modest but there's no denying the ability of BMW's newest model, the Macan and Evoque-challenging X4....
The arrival of the Gran Coupé sees BMW expanding the 4 Series to three body styles. How does this new hatchback compare to the rival Audi A5...
It used to seem far fetched to suggest that more Vauxhall passenger vehicles could be sold in Britain than Fords, but it no longer does. And...
Bigger and again designed primarily for the US - California in particular - does the second generation Kia Soul work just as well in Europea...
Yoo Il Lee, a former senior executive with Hyundai Motor, came out of retirement three years ago to run SsangYong Motor, having been appointed by a bankruptcy court. The now profitable firm has ambitious plans, Glenn Brooks hears.
Soon to clock up six months as head of SEAT, Jürgen Stackmann talks brand performance, plans for China and future products with just-auto.com. Glenn Brooks reports.
With automakers in the US due to start announcing their August 2014 sales this week, three forecasters have predicted sales from just under to just over 1.5m units and SAAR of 16.5m to 16.6m.
AvtoVAZ says it will likely increase revenue 50% by 2017 as a raft of productivity and management improvement levels take their cumulative effect with break-even forecast this year.
Russia's Ministry of Industry and Trade confirms it is mulling reintroducing a scrappage scheme in a bid to reverse the alarming plunge in auto sales.
Russia's Association of European Businesses (AEB), says July sales of new cars and light commercial vehicles dropped 22.9%, noting the overall trend is "worrisome."
Turmoil currently engulfing relations between Russia and the West is starting to feed through to domestic consumer confidence with some forecasts estimating the market could plummet by as much as 30% this year.
Evonik has reported second quarter net income down 28% to EUR139m (US$186m) compared with EUR193m in the same period last year.
I'm not sure if I expected icebergs floating down the river in St Petersburg in May, but what I certainly didn't bank on was a 30C wall of heat ahead of this year's International Economic Forum (SPIEF), which I'm attending for the first time this week.
If you missed the 2014 outlook webinar that we did a few weeks ago, don't fret.
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029