Financial: Latest news and analysis articles
It's still 2014, but not for much longer. In the global automotive business, plenty happened in 2014. Seasoned observer Dave Leggett offers...
This month's managament briefing reviews the financial position of the global supplier automotive supplier industry. Part 2 highlights recen...
Part 1 of this briefing reviews the recent financial results of a sample of major global auto suppliers; Part 2 highlights recent developmen...
Yes folks, there's a ghost in the house and the temptation is to say, it's the ghost of safety. Okay, that's a bit laboured in the week of H...
European Automotive Supplier body, CLEPA, continues to power its members' interests in Brussels as well as act as the Continent's arm in negotiations with its Japanese equivalent in JAPIA and American counterparts, OESA. Simon Warburton talked to CLEPA CEO, Jean-Marc Gales at last week's Paris motor show.
Newly-appointed managing director of Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, Fredrik Sidahl, was 25 years with Volvo before working for Saab. In the first of two interviews, he talked to Simon Warburton in his Gothenburg office about the collapse of the iconic Swedish brand and gave some frank views on the government's attempts to save it.
Maruti Suzuki's third fiscal quarter sales rose 12.4% to 323,911 vehicles. Exports grew 43.8% to 28,709 units. But the company missed analysts' profit expectations.
Fluid management TI Automotive has agreed to be acquired by private investor Bain Capital in a deal that should be completed by mid-2015.
Great Wall has said that its operating profit margin slipped to 14.8% in 2014 from 17% a year earlier.
Dana Holding said it had completed the sale of its Venezuelan operations, CA Danaven, to Manufacturing and Logistics Solutions, an independent and locally operated company.
Ford is to take an US$800m pre-tax hit in results for the fourth quarter of 2014 due to the currency woes in Venezuela.
Johnson Controls has reported upbeat results for its fiscal first quarter (to December 31) with automotive profitability up 26%, despite a downturn in automotive revenues blamed on exchange rates.
We have just launched our first readership survey in two years.
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle.
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- BMW appoints new head of Mini brand
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029