Financial: Latest news and analysis articles
Yes folks, there's a ghost in the house and the temptation is to say, it's the ghost of safety. Okay, that's a bit laboured in the week of H...
If I had to think of one adjective to describe this week's autobiz news, 'interesting' is as good a fit as any. Bit of this, bit of that....
After reaching agreement to purchase TRW, 2015 is shaping up to be the most momentous year in ZF's long history. Colin Whitbread considers t...
The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
European Automotive Supplier body, CLEPA, continues to power its members' interests in Brussels as well as act as the Continent's arm in negotiations with its Japanese equivalent in JAPIA and American counterparts, OESA. Simon Warburton talked to CLEPA CEO, Jean-Marc Gales at last week's Paris motor show.
Newly-appointed managing director of Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, Fredrik Sidahl, was 25 years with Volvo before working for Saab. In the first of two interviews, he talked to Simon Warburton in his Gothenburg office about the collapse of the iconic Swedish brand and gave some frank views on the government's attempts to save it.
Skoda says that deliveries of its vehicles so far this year (to the end of September) are up 13% to 774,100 vehicles.
Denso has posted first half net sales totalling JPY2.07bn (US$18.9bn), a 4.2% rise, while consolidated operating income was JPY161.3bn (US$1.5bn), a 16.1% decrease from the previous year.
TE Connectivity says full-year net sales were US$13.9bn, up 5% on an actual and organic basis versus the prior year, while fourth quarter net sales increased to US$3.58bn.
BorgWarner has booked third quarter net sales of US$2.03bn, up 13%, while operating income was US$238m.
Norsk Hydro ASA's underlying earnings before financial items and tax (EBIT) rose to NOK1.5bn (US$223m) in the third quarter from NOK544m in the second quarter.
Oerlikon says Group sales grew 26% to CHF877m (US$913m), with order intake up 19% to CHF845m.
We have just launched our first readership survey in two years.
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- INTERVIEW: Ford Europe COO Barb Samardzich
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018