Emerging markets: Latest news and analysis articles
In the full year 2014, Argentina, Brazil, India, Russia, Thailand & Turkey are set to become an even greater drag on global light vehicle ma...
There's something going on in China that could weaken the outlook for margins and profitability in what has been a major source of profitabi...
After weeks of what has seemed a phoney war of words between both sides, the stakes are starting to ramp up considerably between Russia and...
The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
SAIC Motor technical Centre UK SMTC UK works on designing, developing and engineering advanced new vehicle and powertrain products for SAIC, one of the world's largest automotive manufacturers and owner of the MG brand. Dave Leggett interviewed SMTC UK's managing director David Lindley.
Marcus Osegowitsch is general director, Volkswagen Group Rus and Simon Warburton caught up with him on the sidelines of this year's Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow.
China's regulatory authorities have found a group of Japanese automotive parts makers guilty of price fixing and handed out large fines.
Volkswagen has set up a diesel engine assembly line and an engine testing facility at its Chakan plant in Pune, The Economic Times said.
CDMS 2014, the 17th Chengdu motor show, takes place on 28 August. The following list continues to be updated as manufacturers announce world premieres.
The media preview days for the 2014 Moscow motor show will be 27 & 28 August. There will be various vehicle world premieres and this list will be updated as more are announced.
The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) of China has announced that it decided to impose monetary sanctions on certain automotive suppliers for violation of China's Anti-Monopoly Law in connection with sales of certain automotive components.
Construction has started on China's largest production base for vehicle batteries, a US$600m investment in the Xi'an Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone led by Samsung of South Korea.
Ah, the old chestnut of the promise of the automotive brand, the core brand values and what the brand says about the driver.
It's perhaps no huge surprise security is taken so seriously at this year's Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, but the sheer scale of the precautions is overwhelming.
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo XC70
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times