Dunno 'bout you but 2015 seems to be flying by waaaay too fast - where did yet another week go?...
Porsche's Europe-wide sales are by 43% so far this year. The addition of the Macan is obviously a big factor but so too is the firm's policy...
Battery technologies for powertrain applications have become a focus of attention as OEMs seek to improve performance and reduce the costs o...
We started the week with a bit of a surprise - famous Italian tyremaker was nabbed by a Chinese chemical company with big plans for its tyre...
TMD Friction is a major manufacturer of brake products for the automotive industry, producing one million brake friction products per day. Matthew Beecham talked with TMD Friction’s Director Strategic Planning & Marketing OE, Dirk Brieke about trends in the brake friction market, its copper-free high performance brake pads and CV-Light Plate for commercial vehicles.
The rise of computer processing power together with the introduction of so called ‘supercomputers’ have enabled computational fluid dynamics (CFD) - the prediction of fluid flows using mathematical modelling - to become increasingly relevant and effective in road vehicle development. Matthew Beecham spoke to Rob Kaczmarek, director of marketing at Convergent Science about the role of CFD in vehicle development.
Magna International says it has inked an agreement to sell substantially all of its interiors operations, excluding seating, to Grupo Antolin for US$525m.
Scandinavian supplier association, FKG is flying to Iran tomorrow (16 April) leading a delegation looking to take advantage of what could be a signifiant lifting of economic sanctions.
Denso is expanding its North American research and development capabilities to include heavy duty and commercial vehicles, establishing a cross-functional team of market research, product engineering, and researchers.
Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has fully automated its global priority warranty parts returns service by awarding a contract to SEKO Logistics.
Johnson Controls' deal to form a huge new interiors joint venture with a components subsidiary of SAIC is a step closer to reality now the parties have signed a further agreement to form the new entity.
Michelin has announced its acquisition of a 40% stake in Allopneus, a French internet tyre retailer on the web, for EUR60m (US$63.6m).
Ping goes the inbox and there's the weekly recall notification list from the US government's road safety regulator, the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (or NHTSA or even 'Nit-sa' for short in the local vernacular).
Finally, a US newspaper has managed to talk to the engineer at the centre of the GM ignition switch recall crisis.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- Briefing: Vehicle connectivity technologies (1)
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029