Components: Latest news and analysis articles
After weeks of what has seemed a phoney war of words between both sides, the stakes are starting to ramp up considerably between Russia and...
The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
In an automotive era when vehicle lightweighting is all the rage and vehicle manufacturers such as JLR and Ford launching all-aluminium vers...
As sticking points go, South Africa's so-called 'peace clause' has proved exceptionally tricky to shift....
As automakers increasingly use simulation to supplement their vehicle test programmes, just-auto spoke to Chris Hoyle, technical director of rFpro, a UK company that has modelled the Nordschleife circuit at the Nürburgring, Germany, with unprecedented accuracy.
The IT industry has made much of the benefits of a Cloud infrastructure, offering better security and less complex networks in the workplace. Infotainment specialist Harman with subsidiary Aha claims its use in the car could be equally effective. It is now offering OEMs and service providers a chance to use the Cloud beyond downloading apps, navigation updates or music. Understanding what features are being used by the end customer, finding software bugs, removing unused features, reducing recalls or targeting specific customers with updates and advertising are just some of the ideas that Harman claims it can offer with its new Aha Cloud Platform Analytics and Updates Service. just-auto spoke to Siegfried Schuler, Director Centre of Competence Aha, about the service and find out what OEMs are most interested in.
Construction has started on China's largest production base for vehicle batteries, a US$600m investment in the Xi'an Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone led by Samsung of South Korea.
Continental has formed a business unit headquartered in Silicon Valley to focus on high tech future transport solutions for the automotive industry.
China's antitrust regulator has fined Japanese bearing makers NSK and NTN a combined (US$47m) for violating rules in the latest clamp down on alleged industry pricing practices.
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation and PT Krakatau Steel, have defined an agreement concerning their joint venture, PT Krakatau Nippon Steel Sumikin (KNSS).
Wabco Holdings says it has been awarded a new long-term agreement by an unnamed manufacturer of commercial vehicles headquartered in Europe for brake actuator technologies on a truck platform that will enter markets in south-east Asia.
Samsung SDI says it has signed a MOU on the establishment of a ESS (energy storage system) joint venture with Sungrow of China.
As the first version of the new S-Class Coupé goes on sale in Germany, Mercedes-Benz has revealed technical details of the car's revolutionary suspension system, which allows the car to lean into bends.
Panasonic is one of the companies looking at partnering with Tesla on its plans for a big new facility dedicated to lithium ion battery production.
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- ANALYSIS: Piston days - Daimler leads steel charge
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo XC70
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- JLR reveals special operations UK site
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details