I was at the SMMT's annual test day yesterday. At this agreeable event, vehicle manufacturers make cars available for journalists to drive a...
As the auto industry moves towards considering vehicles that require less driver input, profound questions are being raised concerning the s...
We heard this week that Toyota and Mazda are interested in working together in the future. Toyota is obviously the bigger player, but Mazda...
While the variation of roof systems continues to grow, the push for lighter cars has led to the adoption of carbon fibre and polycarbonate i...
A new technology called Digital Piston Motion Control eliminates the crankshaft of a conventional engine and controls the piston movement using an ECU. To understand more about this novel approach and its potential benefits, Matthew Beecham spoke to Sam Cockerill, CEO of Libertine FPE.
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with tier one manufacturers, Matthew Beecham spoke to Bill Presley, Vice President Engineering, Wire/Terminals & Connectors, Lear Corp about the forces pushing innovation in the automotive wiring harness industry as well as some alternatives to traditional wiring.
Bosch says driver assistance systems (DAS) could see European Union (EU) targets to halve traffic accidents met by 2020.
Bosch is estimating gasoline engines for sub-compact cars will beat strict European Union CO2 emission limits of 95g by some margin, with their diesel counterparts going even further.
Bosch says it is evaluating in equal measure the impact of transportation needs as much as its technology on board future vehicles.
Bosch says adopting automated driving systems could help avoid most accidents as such technology increasingly occupies the thoughts of consumers and legislators.
Bosch says electric-based vehicles based on renewable energy sources "make real sense" as debate continues to rage surrounding power generation for future mobility.
Harman says it has been awarded a contract from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) to equip Fiat Chrysler vehicles with Engine Order Cancellation (EOC) technology, which decreases perceptible cabin noise.
Michelin has long cooperated with Citroen's DS range with its adjustable suspension system making it possible to conduct precise trials.
Ping goes the inbox and there's the weekly recall notification list from the US government's road safety regulator, the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (or NHTSA or even 'Nit-sa' for short in the local vernacular).
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Celerio and Suzuki's future cars
- UK car market has topped out - Vauxhall chief
- THAILAND/AUSTRALIA: Details of next Toyota Hilux
- VW autonomous braking slashes insurance claims
- Bosch transport strategy: "Goes beyond the Hood"
- Frankfurt IAA world debuts list updated
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Heavy Duty Trucks Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029