Although there can be no doubt that tomorrow's drivers will be better informed, there remains some concern about information over-load. Matt...
Vehicle designers and engineers are coming under unprecedented pressure to remove weight from vehicles wherever they can. As part of a new r...
It's still 2014, but not for much longer. In the global automotive business, plenty happened in 2014. Seasoned observer Dave Leggett offers...
As someone said to me this week: "The older you get, the faster the years go by." He's not wrong. Where DID 2014 go? The year may be winding...
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with global tyre manufacturers, Matthew Beecham spoke to Peter Becker, Executive Managing Director, Kumho Tire Co Inc about trends in tyre development, modelling, labelling and run-flats.
Nexteer, the former GM Saginaw steering division, has flourished under the ownership of China-based Pacific Century Motors its owner since 2011. Calum MacRae caught up with Nexteer’s president and COO Laurent Bresson at the recent NAIAS.
Fluid management TI Automotive has agreed to be acquired by private investor Bain Capital in a deal that should be completed by mid-2015.
Dana Holding said it had completed the sale of its Venezuelan operations, CA Danaven, to Manufacturing and Logistics Solutions, an independent and locally operated company.
Honda appears to have defected from long time airbag supplier Takata for three planned new models following the inflator recall debacle.
ThyssenKrupp (China) is spending EUR75m (US$85m) on an automotive electronic power steering (EPS) system factory in the Changzhou National Hi-Tech District (CND) in eastern China's Jiangsu Province.
UK engine manufacturing output returned to growth, up 6.7% in December. But output fell 6.2% over the year, following retooling at a number of facilities.
Production has started at Grammer's new plant in Tupelo, Mississippi which began with suspended seats for Northern American trucks.
Finally, a US newspaper has managed to talk to the engineer at the centre of the GM ignition switch recall crisis.
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings.
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- BMW appoints new head of Mini brand
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle HVAC market- forecasts to 2029