Last week saw Scandinavian automotive supplier body FKG's Annual Forum in Gothenburg, bringing together more than 400 component producers, p...
It's as if the Cold War never went away....
Measuring the effectiveness of a company's R&D and innovation processes can be as difficult as quantum mechanics, writes Calum MacRae....
The Paris show, of course, was the big event this week and just-auto was there in force....
Calum MacRae talked to JATCO's Yuko Fujita. JATCO holds 49% of the world CVT market. JATCO, 75% held by Nissan Motor Company, was exhibiting at the Paris Motor Show for the first time.
Allison, the automatic transmission specialists, is rolling out FuelSense, a fuel-saving solution that automatically adjusts shift schedules, selects neutral and manages vehicle acceleration to maximise transmission fuel economy. Last month, Kenworth became the third OEM to adopt the package. Manlio Alvaro, director of EMEA Marketing, tells just-auto that testing indicates FuelSense has the potential to reduce fuel consumption by up to 20 per cent when compared to the previous generation of Allison Electronic Controls without these fuel saving feature
US aluminium company Novelis is ramping up production at its new automotive aluminium sheet plant in Changzhou, in China’s Jiangsu province, to meet growing demand from the country’s automakers.
Gentex has posted net income for the third quarter of 2014 up 30% to US$72m, compared with net income of US$56m in the third quarter of 2013.3.
Dupont says it will 'fight every step of the way' against European Commission (EC) moves that say it may have breached European Union (EU) anti-trust rules along with fellow-chemical producer, Honeywell.
A leading Swedish economist says he does not believe simmering tensions surrounding Russia's influence in Eastern Ukraine will escalate into anything more serious.
Dana has reported third quarter net income up 32% to US$90m, compared to US$68m in the same period last year.
Federal-Mogul has posted a third quarter loss of US$18m based on net sales of US$1.87bn, up 11% on a continuing operations basis.
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings.
We have just launched our first readership survey in two years.
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report