Last week saw Scandinavian automotive supplier body FKG's Annual Forum in Gothenburg, bringing together more than 400 component producers, p...
It's as if the Cold War never went away....
Measuring the effectiveness of a company's R&D and innovation processes can be as difficult as quantum mechanics, writes Calum MacRae....
The Paris show, of course, was the big event this week and just-auto was there in force....
Calum MacRae talked to JATCO's Yuko Fujita. JATCO holds 49% of the world CVT market. JATCO, 75% held by Nissan Motor Company, was exhibiting at the Paris Motor Show for the first time.
Allison, the automatic transmission specialists, is rolling out FuelSense, a fuel-saving solution that automatically adjusts shift schedules, selects neutral and manages vehicle acceleration to maximise transmission fuel economy. Last month, Kenworth became the third OEM to adopt the package. Manlio Alvaro, director of EMEA Marketing, tells just-auto that testing indicates FuelSense has the potential to reduce fuel consumption by up to 20 per cent when compared to the previous generation of Allison Electronic Controls without these fuel saving feature
Tata owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has officially opened its new "Engine Manufacturing Centre" in the English West Midlands.
Norsk Hydro ASA's underlying earnings before financial items and tax (EBIT) rose to NOK1.5bn (US$223m) in the third quarter from NOK544m in the second quarter.
Oerlikon says Group sales grew 26% to CHF877m (US$913m), with order intake up 19% to CHF845m.
Kongsberg Automotive (KA) says it has received nomination from a major - unnamed - European OEM for supply of the complete manual gear shifter system.
From 1 November, all cars and light commercial vehicles registered in European Union member states, with a GVW of fewer than 3.5 tonnes, must have ESP as standard equipment. The regulation will take effect for all other vehicles on 1 November 2015.
LG Chem has held a ground breaking ceremony for the construction of electric-car battery plant in Nanjing, China, to meet what it describes as "growing demand in the world's biggest car market"
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings.
We have just launched our first readership survey in two years.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report